Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conditions saved lochee from a real hiding.

Four one at a canter - another hat trick from TC the highlight

Coyne playing as well as I have seen him. Always a danger in front of goals but also putting in a shift as well

How did Vikki Allan do running the line today?

It would also appear that the rather lush grass pitch at Prestonfield can stand up to the snow better than Broxburn's 3G plastic one!

ok I think. To be fair, Broxburn got a harsher dose of the snow than we did I suspect.

How did Vikki Allan do running the line today?

It would also appear that the rather lush grass pitch at Prestonfield can stand up to the snow better than Broxburn's 3G plastic one!

It's a scientific fact that snow landing on real grass melts at a quicker rate than it does when it falls on AstroTurf but freezing conditions and excess rainfall affects astro turf less, hence we were unlucky the conditions were blizzard like.

That being said, clearing the lines at HT may have given the game a chance of finishing but only a slim one.

I read on the Rose forum that Tommy Coyne's hat-trick on Saturday was his 4th of the season in the superleague. That is some record in a very tough league. The lad is playing at the top of his game at the moment, fantastic scoring record but also putting in a shift every game.

I read on the Rose forum that Tommy Coyne's hat-trick on Saturday was his 4th of the season in the superleague. That is some record in a very tough league. The lad is playing at the top of his game at the moment, fantastic scoring record but also putting in a shift every game.

Think that's him up to 24 for the season in all competitions - joint top scorer in the league with the guy from Kelty on 19.

A very valuable asset to have a striker who returns 30+ every season.

Hopefully he gets his 5th hat-trick on Saturday!!

Archived