Capital One Cup 2014-15

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any goalkeeper who saves 1 out of 14/15 penalties should be embarassed.

Why? It's up to the player to score into that huge target. The goalkeeper has an enormous disadvantage, any save is an unexpected bonus. I'd put it more any player who misses 1 out of 14/15 penalties should be embarrassed.

Not surprised Boro took it to extra-time. They've had a good start to the season. I knew we wouldn't be steamrolled but didn't expect it to go that far in all honesty. Hopefully they continue in the form they are in and I see a Boro victory when I head down on Tuesday :-)

Why? It's up to the player to score into that huge target. The goalkeeper has an enormous disadvantage, any save is an unexpected bonus. I'd put it more any player who misses 1 out of 14/15 penalties should be embarrassed.

I'd normally agree, but there a few penalties where it was clear exactly where the player was going to put it, and the keeper still didn't get near it.

When it comes to penalties, pro footballers who are paid tens of thousands of pounds a week should be embaressed if they miss one.

Don't see why the keeper gets stick for the lack of saves tonight, the penalties scored in the shootout were cracking.

Unfortunately couldn't make it along to last night but at least it was televised. Thought it was a very decent performance from Boro and although disappointing to lose on penalties, I genuinely didn't mind going out because I really feel we've got a chance of going up this season so the league needs to take priority.

Unfortunately couldn't make it along to last night but at least it was televised. Thought it was a very decent performance from Boro and although disappointing to lose on penalties, I genuinely didn't mind going out because I really feel we've got a chance of going up this season so the league needs to take priority.

I'm exactly the same, thought we defended really well for the majority, and gave Liverpool some real scares on the break, but a few less games in a competition we're not going to win isn't exactly a negative to me in what will be a long, tough season. As long as we avoid major injuries to key players (Ayala, Leadbitter, Adomah, Kike), I'm quietly confident we'll finish in the play-off spots at least.

Archived