Capital One Cup 2014-15

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't think Lucas would get back to his pre-injury level but he was outstanding tonight.

Might've taken 6 months but Liverpool are slowly getting better and better.

Sterling looked lovely as well and took his goal nicely.

I didn't think Lucas would get back to his pre-injury level but he was outstanding tonight.

Might've taken 6 months but Liverpool are slowly getting better and better.

It's in games like that where Lucas gets a bit exposed in my opinion. A few times he gave the ball away when he could have taken it under control instead.

You know I have a high opinion of the lad, so I am not bitching about him.

The cost to replace him, I dunno, £25M? Better the devil you know.

Can and Markovic are starting to look like bargains.

Lucas getting fit and finding form has turned Liverpool around completely. The only defensive midfielder they've got that actually protects the defence and knows how to play the holding role. Likes a tackle too.

Undeniably. Since coming back into the side properly, Liverpool have lost one game (a match which he was inexplicably benched for).

However, what most people don't see is the weight of his passing into the creative players. It's absolutely spot on, every time. It's sharp and takes opposition players out of the game.

It's in games like that where Lucas gets a bit exposed in my opinion. A few times he gave the ball away when he could have taken it under control instead.

Thats not what he's really there for though, he's a bit like Matic in that regard

Archived