Bonnyrigg Rose 2014/15

A.M

Well done to Bonnyrigg a point when in previous games you would have lost it. Newtongrange will not win the league unless Kelty, Linlithgow through it away. A mob of a team.

One of the worst refereeing performances I have seen this season and it's a shame because I think the referee is usually one of the better officials. Was not helped by the home team though.

The angle I was at I didn't see anything wrong with the goal. - Clearly the referee and linesman didn't either. Why then were no Newtongrange players booked or in the case of 2 or 3 sent off for their reaction? Grabbing Bonnyrigg players, pushing them, surrounding the linesman, calling them cheats? is that classed as ok now?

Along the road 2 Fauldhouse players got straight reds for questioning a call made and another for asking if the ref had Carnoustie on his coupon. If the same ref was in charge at Newtongrange half their team would have been off.

Clearly aware that he had missed something he proceded to lose the game. the next 80 minutes I think he gave Bonnyrigg 2 free kicks and Newtongrange about 20. How then can both teams only get 1 booking each? The Bonnyrigg booking was a booking, their fans and management calling for a red? Again their manager shouting abuse at the referee went unpunished. Bonnyrigg number 10 must have been brought down 5 times clear fouls and nothing given. Hislop must have been battered and bruised yet didnt get any help from the officials. The Bonnyrigg goal keeper had the ball in his hand and the Newtongrange player slid in making contact - not even a booking - I have seen red given for that. Fouling and pushing off the ball, questioning every single call made and the referee choked it.

The match itsself Bonnyrigg should have been 3 or 4 up in the 1st half. Newtongrange suffering from their favourites tag as usual. Had the goal been a clean header Bonnyrigg would have won this game easy. But Newtongrange used it to fire themselves up. Think King would have scored 2 had it not been for great work by the defender and unlucky later on. Newtongrange goal was coming but appart from that Bonnyrigg defended fairly well and the keeper who had a good game saved everything he should have. There was nothing testing about any of Newtongranges play with may crosses over hit and not enough bodies in the box. Overall if that is the best Newtongrange can do then they will finish 4th or 5th in the league.

Newtongrange will never beat a big side and this is why.

- They put all their effort into shouting and moaning at the officials rather than at each other.

- They don't create their own luck - by that I mean you take off the player who can make the difference, With a free kick 20 yards out in the centre of the goal. King would have scored that but where is he? He must have been fuming.

- Their management tactics were strange to say the least. At home they really should have been out the traps from the word go, but were lucky not to be 3 down.

- I think in their heads they know about this record they have and that will be difficult to remove. Yesterday would have been their best chance and they blew it.

- But the main reason they will never beat a big team was clear for me and their own suppporters on 50 odd minutes. When you score a goal to win a game in the last minute of a match - then celebrate the way they celebrated. When you score a equalizing goal with 40 minutes left you get the ball and restart the game as quickly as you can. For me every player running to the corner flag at full speed celebrating drawing level shows that they are happy enough to be a 2nd league team who will come in 4th or 5th. Delighted to be level with their biggest rivals but showing no signs of wanting to win the game.

Bonnyrigg looked well organized and kept their heads. Impressed with their shape and the way they tried to pass in the 1st half. Only dissapointment was they lacked a bit up front or from a creating midfield player but should be happy with their effort.

Hilarious - the annual MUSSEYBOY meltdown has come a little earlier than usual this season. We look forward to welcoming you next week if you're not required to go filming teams for your mate again - maybe you should try spending some quality time in a dark room to relax before then though haha.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry but your either at the wind up it just plain stupid.

The referee got one thing wrong, and the linesman must share that blame.

If you think shouting like that is a red card then literally 15 players and both management teams would have been sent off. And that goes for games all across the country. Man up!

You clearly hate Nitten but that doesn't mean you should just talk utter pish.

And let's get one thing straight, If I was lucky enough to score against out big local rivals, especial having just left them to join, I would be going mental! Shorts off, top off running the length of the park as if is won the World Cup. It's called fitba mate!!

I am not having a go at the ref or linesman for missing the hand ball - If either had seen it I am sure they would have gave a free kick and a booking if they think it was deliberate. Referees and linesman and supporters miss things all over the park. That is not the problem.

The problem is things that he and his linesman clearly seen. Happening right in front of them

Not even a booking for running from your goal line surrounding the linesman?

Not even a booking for grabbing Bonnyrigg players and pushing them?

Not even a booking for sliding in on the keeper when in clear control of the ball and making contact?

Not even a booking for foul and abusive language?

My problem ain't with Newtongrange. But the officials failed to control them and the match in general. You should concede that it was clear from the 10th minute onwards and as I said it was a real shame because he is one of the better officials but had a bad day as anyone can.

I disagree with you regarding everyone would be sent off. If the referee books two or three for the reaction to the goal and any clear fouls, then you find the game would calm down with players not wanting to get sent off and cost their side the game.

I also disagree with your point about Newtongranges goal celebration. Take my point in the context it was written. The reason that Newtongrange will not win the league and struggle mentally with playing big teams was shown in the way they celebrated DRAWING LEVEL. Rather than grab the ball and push forward for a winner, they power into the corner and celebrate like they have won the league.

Yes the player scored against his ex team, yes you scored against your biggest rivals - I get that. But the score is 1-1 not 2-1 in the last minute. The message that sends out is (rightly or wrongly) we are happy with a point and that we have scored. Where as grabbing the ball running bck to the half way line and preparing to kick off sends out the message we are going to grab a second.

With that referee if you had celebrated like you suggest top off etc you wouldnt have got a booking yesterday!

I am not having a go at the ref or linesman for missing the hand ball - If either had seen it I am sure they would have gave a free kick and a booking if they think it was deliberate. Referees and linesman and supporters miss things all over the park. That is not the problem.

The problem is things that he and his linesman clearly seen. Happening right in front of them

Not even a booking for running from your goal line surrounding the linesman?

Not even a booking for grabbing Bonnyrigg players and pushing them?

Not even a booking for sliding in on the keeper when in clear control of the ball and making contact?

Not even a booking for foul and abusive language?

My problem ain't with Newtongrange. But the officials failed to control them and the match in general. You should concede that it was clear from the 10th minute onwards and as I said it was a real shame because he is one of the better officials but had a bad day as anyone can.

I disagree with you regarding everyone would be sent off. If the referee books two or three for the reaction to the goal and any clear fouls, then you find the game would calm down with players not wanting to get sent off and cost their side the game.

I also disagree with your point about Newtongranges goal celebration. Take my point in the context it was written. The reason that Newtongrange will not win the league and struggle mentally with playing big teams was shown in the way they celebrated DRAWING LEVEL. Rather than grab the ball and push forward for a winner, they power into the corner and celebrate like they have won the league.

Yes the player scored against his ex team, yes you scored against your biggest rivals - I get that. But the score is 1-1 not 2-1 in the last minute. The message that sends out is (rightly or wrongly) we are happy with a point and that we have scored. Where as grabbing the ball running bck to the half way line and preparing to kick off sends out the message we are going to grab a second.

With that referee if you had celebrated like you suggest top off etc you wouldnt have got a booking yesterday!

You got that right sunshine - your problems clearly lie much deeper .........

Watched the game yesterday. Very enjoyable. Newtongrange were big favourites going into the game but failed to deliver in the first half. They set up 4-2-3-1 a formation that clearly doesn't get the best from their players. Bonnyrigg are a team in transition and should be happy with taking a point. Second half was good from Nitten when they played to their strengths.

As for the handball - looked like a header from where we were standing. Officials clearly didn't get a clear view.

And Thomson giving it pelters to the ref to get him sent off when he's fouled everybody on the park,weasel.

Moaned from start to finish about everything yesterday as did king (shock) really think we missed the influence of Alex king and Brian Murray (my motm last time we played them) yesterday Alex especially in the second half as they bossed middle of the park but we are a club on the rebuild and more than happy with the job Davie and Hissy are doing so far, will give credit to big Davie Dunn tho thought he had a solid game yesterday

Archived