Bonnyrigg Rose 2014/15

A.M

We are getting better and things are shaping up after a shite start to season we miss the wee man no doubt about it his drive/desire really rubs off on everyone in our team when he plays but ge just diznae play enough, a fit Kingy is worth his weight in gold.

A thought Connor Thomson played well and Mccleish as well but they are not a King. Our number 5 wiz a wee bit suspect wi the long diagonal balls they consistently played. They were very 1 dimensional canni see them winning league.

DD played good a wiz speakin to him last night and told him so

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not been at many games due to work so really enjoyed it yesterday. Think we are shaping up nicely and agree a fit Kingy will make a world of difference. As for Hissys goal - got to hand it to him - would have settled for the draw before the game but he made it even sweeter.

Newtongrange Star boss Alan Miller felt referee Alan Hogg cost his side all three points in the Midlothian derby as his men dropped back to second in the Super League.

Miller was left furious at full time as he lambasted referee Hogg for getting “two major decisions wrong”.

Miller didn’t hold back in his assessment of Hogg’s display and was forthright on his views of Hislop’s opener. He said: “For a match of this scale to get a referee like Alan Hogg, he was ridiculously poor.

“The two major decisions in the game he got wrong;

It’s just ridiculous; the standard of refereeing is just unbelievably bad.”

There must be a rule change if you are able to say this to a 'newspaper' and get away with it. I remember a game a few years back when a manager said alot less than that and I think he got fined.

It is maybe different for them though.

Their players reffed the game for 90 minutes. Their manager is able to say what he wants after the game. This is truely unbelievable.

Surprised nobody has posted this on here - Your quick enough when any of your ex players go greeting to the news

I must say I thought the ref was poor as well, and the standside linesman missed a few offsides because he couldnt keep up with play.

I couldnt understand why there were no Newtongrange players booked at the Hissy goal incident when they were in the refs face and manhandling Bonnyrigg players ?

I also couldnt understand why it took him so long to book the lad Thomson, who moaned and groaned all day and reacted petulantly every time he was beaten or outmuscled in the challenge.

On the game itself I thought Bonnyrigg shaded the first half, but Newtongrange dominated the second half and should probably have got that elusive win over their rivals but if you cant finish you cant win.

Enjoyed the game though, good competitive, and wide open match.

What was the 2nd incident the ref missed?!

When Darren Smith took down one of their players to stop a breakaway. Apparently a red card if you ask Miller but a yellow was fair, a cynical challenge to help the team that were short at the back.

I must say I thought the ref was poor as well, and the standside linesman missed a few offsides because he couldnt keep up with play.

I couldnt understand why there were no Newtongrange players booked at the Hissy goal incident when they were in the refs face and manhandling Bonnyrigg players ?

I also couldnt understand why it took him so long to book the lad Thomson, who moaned and groaned all day and reacted petulantly every time he was beaten or outmuscled in the challenge.

On the game itself I thought Bonnyrigg shaded the first half, but Newtongrange dominated the second half and should probably have got that elusive win over their rivals but if you cant finish you cant win.

Enjoyed the game though, good competitive, and wide open match.

Got to disagree with the part about Thomson mate As much as i think hesvavwee bellend.I thought he won 95% of headers and tackles he went for. Absolutely miles ahead of every player on park and won't be at Nitten long if a senior club are willing to take the flak that comes with signing him.

So he should be the best Player on the park at junior level every single week the ability the laddies got, BUT the greeting faced billy big boots attitude let his game down for me. The tackle by smith was a simple take one for the team nitten were all ready greeting about everything before hand so no surprise they demanded red half the bench on the park going crazy!! if it was a certain max christie doing that a wonder how people would have reacted.....

That was a straightforward bog standard yellow card. Ref called that right. Absolutely not a red card.

If Miller thinks that was a red, it could be argued that the Nitten GK might have been sent off for his reaction after the Bonnyrigg goal. For me the ref got both spot on.

And as I say, for me the linesman must take some blame, he could see it clearly. The ref had bodies right in front of him.

That was a straightforward bog standard yellow card. Ref called that right. Absolutely not a red card.

If Miller thinks that was a red, it could be argued that the Nitten GK might have been sent off for his reaction after the Bonnyrigg goal. For me the ref got both spot on.

And as I say, for me the linesman must take some blame, he could see it clearly. The ref had bodies right in front of him.

I did say at the time if smith had caught him any higher he could have been in big bother

not quite hit top gear but really looking forward to when we do, someone is going to be on the end of a sore one. The ref was shite today, their goals were an off side and a very soft penalty, the 1st pen they got aye ok no arguements but then whenever they got in the box (all twice) they fell over. We are heading in right way thats for sure and when the wee man is back a think we will go up another gear

Archived