Salmond Vs. Darling - The Debate

ham89

2, 465, 722 voted in 2010 on a 63.8% turnout. That means the total electorate is around 3, 800, 000

I'd be rather surprised if more than 3m vote

What is the total electorate this time is there any way to find out?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inverclyde Labour goon Duncan 'donuts' McNeil has inexplicably agreed to a debate with the local SNP list MSP. That is an event worthy of TV coverage, of only to see his treble jowl slither around in a hopeless attempt at answering a question.

Scottish Labour leadership potential IMO.

When and where is this being held. unmissable entertainment

He will answer those questions in fact I'll answer them now

Currency - Will be the same £pound as we currently use now

EU - We will be an EU member

Infrastructure - £250m

There ye go....

So basically he'll carry on lying then.

What is the total electorate this time is there any way to find out?

Well if you figure it won't change much from the 2014 European elections (Obviously a few will die out, and then you have to account for the 16-17 year olds) then that would suggest an electorate of around 4, 010, 000

It is believed that the 16 and 17 year olds make up 3% of the electorate, so adjusting the figures for them suggests a total electorate closer to 4.13m

On this figure maybe 3m voters is realistic but it certainly won't be much more than that. 1.5m should definitely be a winning total.

As long as Darling sticks to hitting Salmond with the questions he won't or can't answer, such as the currency, EU membership and the costs associated with setting up the infrastructure of government, then he'll win hands down.

Is that the best the Better Together campaign has?

So you don't think we'll be using the pound or in the EU ? Plus you don't believe the expert that the UK gov got to work out the start up costs ? He came up with the figure of 250 mill. The Scottish government said that was about right but they wouldn't know the exact costs until negotiations were completed. That seems fair enough to me.

No pound and no EU :lol: you have been brainwashed flower. Stop havering the same shite you heard on the news.

He will answer those questions in fact I'll answer them now

Currency - Will be the same £pound as we currently use now

EU - We will be an EU member

Infrastructure - £250m

There ye go....

Neither you nor Alex Salmond can guarantee any one of those 3 answers.

We will definitely be using the pound. No-one can stop us.

And even Adlib and H_B admit that we'd be members of the EU (maybe with slightly amended terms, granted) so that's pretty much a guarantee - well, as much as anything is a guarantee when dealing with the politics of the future.

Looks like you need 100% cast iron guarantees on absolutely everything because you have zero common sense. That's no one's fault but yours and your parents :)

We will definitely be using the pound. No-one can stop us.

And even Adlib and H_B admit that we'd be members of the EU (maybe with slightly amended terms, granted) so that's pretty much a guarantee - well, as much as anything is a guarantee when dealing with the politics of the future.

As far as I'm aware no one from the SNP have confirmed that using the pound without a currency union is plan B

Yeah but can you guarantee that the sun will come up tomorrow morning? CAN YOU?

More chance of the Sun not coming up than Scotland being refused entry to the EU. We're a "special case ", Juncker said so.

As far as I'm aware no one from the SNP have confirmed that using the pound without a currency union is plan B

Well it is. Sturgeon has said plenty of times it will be the pound. There is no doubt we'll be using sterling ,for the first 5-10 years, in a currency union or not.

Well it is. Sturgeon has said plenty of times it will be the pound. There is no doubt we'll be using sterling ,for the first 5-10 years, in a currency union or not.

Nope, when asked she always says that the Scottish government's preferred option is a currency union. She has never said what plan B is.

Well if you figure it won't change much from the 2014 European elections (Obviously a few will die out, and then you have to account for the 16-17 year olds) then that would suggest an electorate of around 4, 010, 000

It is believed that the 16 and 17 year olds make up 3% of the electorate, so adjusting the figures for them suggests a total electorate closer to 4.13m

On this figure maybe 3m voters is realistic but it certainly won't be much more than that. 1.5m should definitely be a winning total.

I think thats acheivable for us, wonder what the YES declaration is sitting at now, anyone know?

As long as Darling sticks to hitting Salmond with the questions he won't or can't answer, such as the currency, EU membership and the costs associated with setting up the infrastructure of government, then he'll win hands down.

You're so gullible and open to BT propaganda I don't know whether to pity you or ruffle your hair.

Watch Darling's blinking eyes. Just watch them.

Yes we can. In the event of a Yes vote, if we don't use the £, aren't admitted into the EU and the infrastructure costs exceed £250m, I'll give you £500 in used notes.

There's a guarantee right there, sweet cheeks.

I wonder if Darling will use the Jim Murphy tactic and just pretend they are not there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Zji4dTx-j8w

The wee wifey ends up walking away without a reply, at least he gave answers of a sort, the NOers in Ayr haven't been dishing out any answers when challenged.

Archived