Salmond Vs. Darling - The Debate

ham89

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's 3 No voters I've counted that aren't going to watch the debate yet come on these forums to argue their side's case.

Hmmm...

Can we stick Ignorance down as one of the reasons for voting No?

You expect to learn something new tonight? If anyone learns anything new tonight it will be because they haven't been paying attention to the issues for the last 2 and a bit years. There will be no new points made, just the same old rehearsed lines regurgitated, by both of them.

The vast majority of people have already made up their mind based on their own take on the issues. Watching a couple of old blokes talk about them for 2 hours really shouldn't and most likely won't change anyone's mind. It also sounds like it's going to be extremely boring viewing.

You expect to learn something new tonight? If anyone learns anything new tonight it will be because they haven't been paying attention to the issues for the last 2 and a bit years. There will be no new points made, just the same old rehearsed lines regurgitated, by both of them.

The vast majority of people have already made up their mind based on their own take on the issues. Watching a couple of old blokes talk about them for 2 hours really shouldn't and most likely won't change anyone's mind. It also sounds like it's going to be extremely boring viewing.

Like I say - I'm watching it with an open mind.

I'd say that there are a large number of people that are ill-informed on the facts of referendum, especially those voting No.

Hopefully they watch this and they see what a great potential Scotland has instead of the doom and gloom of BT.

That's 3 No voters I've counted that aren't going to watch the debate yet come on these forums to argue their side's case.

Hmmm...

Can we stick Ignorance down as one of the reasons for voting No?

I thought it was THE major reason for voting No?

Rather glad to be missing this. One of the most arrogant, smarmy characters I have had the 'pleasure' of meeting debating with someone who has personality traits akin to a slice of toast.

It will be dreadful. I'm missing it too thankfully.

25 minutes until it begins and the bookies are slashing the odds on independence being a Yes. Still miles away from being favourite in the eyes of the bookies, but a No vote was around about 1/9 this morning. Look at the wave of blue on Yes (Aka odds shortening).

Link.

Archived