Salmond Vs. Darling - The Debate

ham89

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I don't see what it's fair to charge English students at Scottish universities" because we'd have to pay to go there FFS. It's not a hard thing to understand.

That's not how it would work after independence. The EU rules are that you cannot discriminate between two member states

AS redeemed himself with the questions from the audience.

Darling almost admitted that a currency union could be agreed with Scotland.

If anyone was still watching it that is.

Ireland's GDP is 16% higher than ours.

On a quick google I got around $1000 less per capita. However the point is that other nations weren't insulated from the global economic crisis and some small European nations suffered more than we did at the time. So to point the finger at Darling and say 'You were chancellor, you and your UK did this' is idiotically simplistic.

The guy wasn't talking about post independence he was talking about now.

Well, he seemed like a rabbit caught in headlights when they went back to him. But his original point was the inability to keep charging rUK students.

Like with currency, this is another one where the detail hasn't be forthcoming.

On a quick google I got around $1000 less per capita. However the point is that other nations weren't insulated from the global economic crisis and some small European nations suffered more than we did at the time. So to point the finger at Darling and say 'You were chancellor, you and your UK did this' is idiotically simplistic.

And they've came out the other end better off than us.

Irish GDP per capita-£28000

UK GDP per capita- £23000

Sorry love but minimise the pension pot to increase Gaelic awareness..

What da fuk

I was sitting there praying salmond and darling were both going to look at her then agree for a combined mega kick in her pie

Archived