All Hurlford United Chat 2014/15

Killiepiyo

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No be long to the Talbot hump you diddies again , right gid season eh ?

I enjoyed the run in the big Scottish, challenging for the league, 2 epic semi final legs and yet another final still to be played. How are you anyway? did you enjoy Darvel's season? tho I think that makes 2 seasons you haven't commented on your own team.. which is a bit odd in all honesty.

hes a roaster what happening with the ford someone need to do something with the website its more outa date than the pie mans mop heid

Why don't you volunteer to do it. You come across as an intelligent individual that always makes sense. Level headed and insightful as well.

hes a roaster what happening with the ford someone need to do something with the website its more outa date than the pie mans mop heid

Everyone loves the hair... I'm not sure, it's a sore one for me tbh, the one that is still up is the one I made. I fell a few weeks behind on it and my brother in law called me to say that the club were in at the college and students were now taking it over to make a new one. It turned out that was true so met up with them and seemed to know what they were doing so left them to it. That was over six months ago. The facebook is fairly up to date if you check that.

Everyone loves the hair... I'm not sure, it's a sore one for me tbh, the one that is still up is the one I made. I fell a few weeks behind on it and my brother in law called me to say that the club were in at the college and students were now taking it over to make a new one. It turned out that was true so met up with them and seemed to know what they were doing so left them to it. That was over six months ago. The facebook is fairly up to date if you check that.

I think with the website probably need someone like yourself who has a keen interest in the team to do it. If you leave it up to school kids then probably do it for a few weeks then get bored and not update or promote your team how you like or know about transfers and news etc.

I know our website needs a right good update and I am gonna do that over the summer and start promoting it again but so much easier to update social media and on here on the phone than log on to laptop and sprucing and updating a website. I do notice still a market for a website but feel it's "old news" by time on there after twitter, Facebook and on here?

I do notice still a market for a website but feel it's "old news" by time on there after twitter, Facebook and on here?

Agree, sometimes feel people use websites more for solid info, like who is in the squad, ground/club info, fixtures in advance type of thing and facebook/twitter is the news ticker. So much easier updating social media but as you say, it takes the right people to run with it. Another issue I found was getting good pictures for the site, obviously filming I can't take and the media photographers can be touchy giving u a copy etc. So just would take freeze frames with the video camera which wasn't ideal. Some clubs are fortunate to have someone taking pictures at all the games and really wish we had someone like that at the Ford.

All the best with your update, looking forward to seeing it.

I enjoyed the run in the big Scottish, challenging for the league, 2 epic semi final legs and yet another final still to be played. How are you anyway? did you enjoy Darvel's season? tho I think that makes 2 seasons you haven't commented on your own team.. which is a bit odd in all honesty.

I enjoyed all these games 2 yours are good at being second best to a real junior team

As for the vale they were very enjoyable to watch this season and if they keep their squad together and add a couple they should go up next season which is great with no money spent , see it can be done

Agree, sometimes feel people use websites more for solid info, like who is in the squad, ground/club info, fixtures in advance type of thing and facebook/twitter is the news ticker. So much easier updating social media but as you say, it takes the right people to run with it. Another issue I found was getting good pictures for the site, obviously filming I can't take and the media photographers can be touchy giving u a copy etc. So just would take freeze frames with the video camera which wasn't ideal. Some clubs are fortunate to have someone taking pictures at all the games and really wish we had someone like that at the Ford.

All the best with your update, looking forward to seeing it.

Website for clubs give you or should give you the full package of what a club has twitter and facebook are great but not everyone wants those 2 so then even the oldies of us can go onto a website without even registering to that social media stuff here's cumnocks new 1

www.cumnockjuniors.co.uk

Killiepiyo if there's any videos I'd like to post on the site are you OK for me to post

I enjoyed all these games 2 yours are good at being second best to a real junior team

While i'm sure the Ford would want to be the best, 2nd considering where Hurlford have come from in not winning a game for two seasons in the ADL is some bit of work. Good stuff, didn't have the chance to see Darvel this season but heard a lot of good things. Going try and get along at some point next season.

Archived