Celtic European Campaign 2014-15

TheGreenMonster

You aren't really though are you? If this was St Johnstone or Aberdeen would you be as enraged as you are right now?

Think not.

No, probably not. It would be less unfair than the wealthiest club already, unjustly receiving a further fortune.

I'll not lie and pretend that I'm not enraged by this. Obviously, I am.

The post you responded to though, was not intended in a spirit of moaning, or of claiming injustice. I was merely highlighting how amazing this story is in its own right.

Can you not recognise the difference?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those saying that this benefits Scottish football are off their heads. The last thing Scottish football needs is for UEFA to simply hand them additional free money for nothing, which will yet again be spunked on hoovering up other clubs' young players never to see a game again, and hiring third-rank foreigners to scrape their way into first place in the league for another season.

That said, Warsaw should never be allowed to live this down. One of the most collossal technical fuckups in recent European history no doubt. (Though to be honest I don't doubt that other clubs frequently get let away with these things quietly, if they aren't putting Platini's pals' Big Teams out too early.)

To be fair, Henning Berg in particular should be very familiar with "administrative errors" that lead to difficulties with fielding "accidentally" ineligible players from which the team gains "no sporting advantage".

Still, he may still have some of the money he picked up from his EBT left. If he does and he's that distraught about this decision, he could commit suicide by withdrawing it all in cash and jumping off his wallet.

Thank you Rodent. Someone else is connecting these two miscarriages of justice.

Obviously, the circumstances were very different, as were the governing bodies concerned.

In one though, the ultimate technicality is punished in the most extreme way imaginable.

In the other, decade long deliberate deception is regarded as not having mattered.

Result: in both cases, the Old Firm clubs benefit massively.

If there's one thing you can say of those running Rangers, it's that they'd turn down the chance of 15 million free pounds in order to uphold, ahem, "Rangers Class."

Rangers Class :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fucking brilliant

No, probably not. It would be less unfair than the wealthiest club already, unjustly receiving a further fortune.

I'll not lie and pretend that I'm not enraged by this. Obviously, I am.

The post you responded to though, was not intended in a spirit of moaning, or of claiming injustice. I was merely highlighting how amazing this story is in its own right.

Can you not recognise the difference?

I do. I just laugh at it though rather than being mad.

(I should shut up anyway or I'll get called a Celtic supporter by VikingTon and his followers...)

I don't know if that's actually true, I've seen a suggestion it'd have been amended to make it 5-6 on aggregate.

I doubt you can win e.g. 4-0 then play loads of ineligible players in the 2nd leg knowing you're OK (unless you lost 5-0 or worse).

You probably could do that, the rule states that the match will be forfeit not the tie

A monumental f**k up from legia thats probably cost them about 15mill, uefa quite rightly stuck to the rulebook as this could have came back and bit them on the arse

Thank you Rodent. Someone else is connecting these two miscarriages of justice.

Obviously, the circumstances were very different, as were the governing bodies concerned.

In one though, the ultimate technicality is punished in the most extreme way imaginable.

In the other, decade long deliberate deception is regarded as not having mattered.

Result: in both cases, the Old Firm are favoured.

As Thumper is correctly hinting, you do have to wonder whether UEFA would take such a militant stance if the matter involved one of Europe's really big cash cows, rather than Legia.

Henning Berg really must be the stupidest c**t on the planet.

2 minutes away from the Champions League playoff, European football guaranteed until Christmas... but wait! What if Celtic score 6 goals in the next 2 minutes? We have to bring on Bereszyński, ow we'll never see this out!

Why be enraged by this decision?

I see it as a win for everyone.

- Every Sevco fan i know seems to be having a facebook meltdown about it

- Celtic will now face the prospect of being utterly dicked by another set of no-marks in the next play-off game

- Before dropping into the Europa Groups, making little money and being dicked by some other no-marks

We get to laugh at both sides of the OF. This pleases me greatly.

:)

Henning Berg really must be the stupidest c**t on the planet.

2 minutes away from the Champions League playoff, European football guaranteed until Christmas... but wait! What if Celtic score 6 goals in the next 2 minutes? We have to bring on Bereszyński, ow we'll never see this out!

I'd imagine that it's fair to say it was the responsibility of someone else.

How did the error come to light?

I saw the suggestion that Legia themselves highlighted it. Is that right? I wonder if they are regretting their Corinthian approach, if so.

Why be enraged by this decision?

I see it as a win for everyone.

- Every Sevco fan i know seems to be having a facebook meltdown about it

- Celtic will now face the prospect of being utterly dicked by another set of no-marks in the next play-off game

- Before dropping into the Europa Groups, making little money and being dicked by some other no-marks

We get to laugh at both sides of the OF. This pleases me greatly.

:)

A nice thought Jupe, but I think it's very likely that Celtic will overcome Maribor.

It can't happen too frequently, that the side beaten 6-1 enters the next round as seeds.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tag..... = "c***s"

:lol::lol:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=272235&st=0

ETA: One of my favourites.....so far....

AlCapone

Davie Cooper

True Blue

8,298 posts

Posted Today, 10:06 AM

View PostWillis1690, on 08 August 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

Can someone explain this? Ive seen theyve been awarded 3-0 in a game, but wouldnt that make the score 4-6?

whats your IQ?

:lol:

Archived