Celtic European Campaign 2014-15

TheGreenMonster

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mmmmm. I think an asterisk will need to be involved.

As the risk * of making a cnut of it there ya go and pun intended if you can spot it MT ? 8)

Wednesday 6th of August 2014 Champions League result Celtic 3-0 Legia Warsaw. *1

Footnote legend,

*1 Legia Warsaw fucked it up by fielding an ineligible two minutes from the end of regulation time, although no one at the time noticed some stupid woman at the club forgot to send UEFA the correct paperwork for said ineligible to serve out his football ban. The end result was a default 3 nil win for the hoops and the Legia captain must soooo fucking gutted he missed both penalties in the first tie in Warsaw.

:lol:

Tuesday's Daily Record

11kwjn8.png

W@nk mag for the orcs in the morning then. :lol:

Now to expect the worst at possibly being in the EUROPA League where we should really be competing in or GIRFUY Legia for being greetin faced bassas during all of this. :)

Yes ... lessons on bigotry, tolerance, fair and play sporting integrity from a bear with 'Glasgow University' as his team .... dear god !!! Least I am not ashamed of who I support and have to hide it. :lol: :lol:

A Union Jack avatar, Glasgow Uni as a team and histrionic language like 'vile' - you can see where the mistake came in tbf.

At least he isn't hiding that he is one of them. :lol:

I do wonder how bad he is actually taking it ?, crush a grape angry or beat up his missus angry ? :lol:

WAN O THAME!!11!!1

Ironically if he wasn't then the UEFA ruling is only a fine!! I do so love a set of outrageously inconsistent punishments! #OnlyUEFAcould!!

That's not true. UEFA could give a 3-0 defeat to a side who fielded an ineligible player, it just isn't mandatory in the same way that it is for fielding a suspended player.

We don't deserve to go through. But we can register our players correctly. They can't

Yeah, fair comment mate.

I agree with the sentiment of the article, but it does scream of whatabouttery and deflection from the Poles.

As I just said on another forum:

Celtic are in the process of signing players ahead of their CL tie v Maribor with Jason Denayer and Aleksander Tonev arriving.

They may not have signed these players had they still been in EL.

Given the rule is crystal clear, how could UEFA possibly put Legia back in?

As I just said on another forum:

Celtic are in the process of signing players ahead of their CL tie v Maribor with Jason Denayer and Aleksander Tonev arriving.

They may not have signed these players had they still been in EL.

Given the rule is crystal clear, how could UEFA possibly put Legia back in?

That's a complete irrelevance though, surely? Celtic are aware that the decision to place them in the next round is under appeal, so they would be stupid to assume that they were certain to remain in the tournament.

Given the rule is crystal clear, how could UEFA possibly put Legia back in?[/i]

I get why that precedent isn't really a good one as it concerned registration which allowed for interpretation; as opposed to suspension, which apparently does not.

Is there no leeway however, on the basis that this player did effectively serve his suspension and that his club thought he had?

Again, I get that in terms of the rules, he hadn't yet served it and that this enabled Legia to have a larger potential playing squad than they'd otherwise have had for these three matches.

I do think however that this set of circumstances makes it slightly different from simply fielding someone who should be suspended, in traditional fashion.

I'm pretty sure Legia's appeal will fail, but this angle might be one they plan to attack from.

That's a complete irrelevance though, surely? Celtic are aware that the decision to place them in the next round is under appeal, so they would be stupid to assume that they were certain to remain in the tournament.

It's not a complete irrelevance, no. Apparently the UEFA decision on Legia's appeal could be as late as Friday and of course if they lose they'll go to CAS. Celtic's 1st leg is next midweek. Celtic would be at a disadvantage if the suggestion was they shouldn't sign anyone incase Legia win an appeal against the matter when the rule is crystal clear. It's not a fundemental issue, but it's valid, IMO.

On a seperate matter, I'd also be interested to know what would've happened if this had been a QR2 tie not QR3; say had Reykjavik beaten Celtic, but done what Legia have done, but appealled... In that scenario, the first leg of Celtic/Reyjavik's QR3 tie would be tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT: There's also an interesting "side issue" here regarding CL QR4 seeding.

Celtic were seeded and drew Maribor. Legia wouldn't have been seeded.

If Legia are somehow reinstated, and there's no re-draw, they'll actually have benefited from breaking the rules...!!

Archived