Sevco (about to) sign Boyd

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't, to be fair.

But I hope they have a good season. 1) because McCall is a legend and 2) Because they simply go about their business whilst teams around them brag about how awesome they are.

Irony meter just went through the roof. I can't believe you actually wrote that................ah wait a minute.

Average age is nothing to do with 'giving youth a chance'.

Motherwell brought on 'youth' in the second half today.

You should be able to read all about it in the newspaper reports that won't be in the papers tomorrow.

As thepundit says, we'll just quietly go about our business.

Average age is nothing to do with 'giving youth a chance'. Motherwell brought on 'youth' in the second half today. You should be able to read all about it in the newspaper reports that won't be in the papers tomorrow. As thepundit says, we'll just quietly go about our business.

Strange that you would say that as a Motherwell fan is a major columnist with the Sun (formerly the record) and one of the main sports presenters/pundits on Radio Scotland.

you could start a poll and ask them?

I was willing to go through the games of both clubs over the past few years and work it out if somebody had just answered it properly, I'm hungover and enjoy mind numbing exercises to concentrate on

Boyd is an excellent signing for Fat Salary and will suit the piemans tactics perfectly, just lump the baw up to the lone striker and hope the fat lazy bassa makes contact with a player in the box and a few seconds later falls to the floor and a dodgy penalty given ? simples.

Boyd is an excellent signing for Fat Salary and will suit the piemans tactics perfectly, just lump the baw up to the lone striker and hope the fat lazy bassa makes contact with a player in the box and a few seconds later falls to the floor and a dodgy penalty given ? simples.

But he won't be a lone striker, HB. He'll have Kenny Miller alongside him. That's a formidable partnership for the Championship teams to contend with.

But he won't be a lone striker, HB. He'll have Kenny Miller alongside him. That's a formidable partnership for the Championship teams to contend with.

Not sure how often McCoist will play with 2 up. He didn't do it in the lower leagues, so I suspect he's going to be even less adventurous in the Championship.

I didn't see Boyd doing any of that last season.

ETA: Some glorious goals in this.

Boyd up front all alone with Miller having a free role in midfield to support him with runs down the wing. If failing that and the Gers are pish then it's hump the baw up the park and hope Boyd goes down for a penalty.

Fat Salary favours the lone striker approach and will at times use a forward as an attacking midfielder ffs.

I didn't see Boyd doing any of that last season.

ETA: Some glorious goals in this.

He wasn't at Rangers last year was he ? and was the tactics Smith used often with Boyd so is fair to say the Pieman will also use him alone up front.

Boyd up front all alone with Miller having a free role in midfield to support him with runs down the wing. If failing that and the Gers are pish then it's hump the baw up the park and hope Boyd goes down for a penalty.

Fat Salary favours the lone striker approach and will at times use a forward as an attacking midfielder ffs.

Just like listening to Clyde super scorebaord.

Always nice to get a considered and impartial opinion from m'learned friend :-)

Always nice to get a considered and impartial opinion from m'learned friend :-)

Mags you know I'm right, the long baw technique will be used because they have Boyd up front as the lone striker. And Boyd has been known many times to fall to the ground if the wind picks up by half a knot if he is in the opponents penalty box.

Archived