Sevco (about to) sign Boyd

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't begrudge him this move at all. It's not like he's going to do much more than he can do in the game really, and if he's making more money, which I'd assume he is given he turned down the likes of Dundee United and Aberdeen, then fair fucks.

He may as well jump on the gravy train. Its like taking sweeties from bairns for these players. Good on them I say. If he signs, what will their front two be on between them? 10K a week? More than likely 15k+, though.

Yes, they will do the business, but throwing crazy money around when you're a financial embarrassment is - Hilarious. I'm sure they have players itching to get a chance (who would probably be decent) but never will.

Sells out again. :lol:

When did money being a factor become such an evil thing btw? It SHOULD be a factor. You look after #1 first and foremost. Would take a proper idiot to take a look at someone like Boyd and somehow begrudge him this.

It's like the fucking Blues Brothers...

"We're putting the team back together again. It's 50 miles to the hotel, the luxury coach has got a full tank of gas, it's dark and we're wearing the Union Jack third kit. Hit it."

"We're putting the team back together again. It's 50 miles to the hotel, the luxury coach has got a full tank of gas, it's dark and we're wearing the Union Jack third kit. Hit it."

That made me chuckle!

Not an idiot mate, I just think Boyd has had his big pay days at Rangers and abroad and now he should be wanting to continue playing at the highest level possible instead of chasing the money all his career.

You need to remember it's a very short career in comparison to other jobs. If someone was going to offer you 3 times your wage just now I'm sure you'd take it.

If The Rangers want to pay over the odds to win the championship they're the fools not the players.

Not an idiot mate, I just think Boyd has had his big pay days at Rangers and abroad and now he should be wanting to continue playing at the highest level possible instead of chasing the money all his career.

You need to remember it's a very short career in comparison to other jobs. If someone was going to offer you 3 times your wage just now I'm sure you'd take it.

If The Rangers want to pay over the odds to win the championship they're the fools not the players.

Superb :lol:

Correct.

Kris Boyd has no reason to play at a higher level for less money anymore. Anything that he can do from now on has already been done. So what's the point of it? It's easy to throw the "MONEY GRABBER!!!" label at folk, but it's not always a bad thing to grab it.

Poor wee Fat Sally. He thinks he needs a front two of Miller and Boyd, on a combined wage of f*ck knows what, to win the Championship.

I almost hope they get promoted; he'll be lucky to last two months in the Premiership. His parting shot will be "...but if they'd just let me sign Robben and Messi..."

Correct. Kris Boyd has no reason to play at a higher level for less money anymore. Anything that he can do from now on has already been done. So what's the point of it? It's easy to throw the "MONEY GRABBER!!!" label at folk, but it's not always a bad thing to grab it.

Better chance of a Scotland cap if he plays in the top flight for starters.

Better chance of a Scotland cap if he plays in the top flight for starters.

Aye, that's going to happen.

His time has been and gone in the national side. If he was going to be picked, it'd have been during the post-season friendlies or at the end of the qualifying campaign.

Aye, that's going to happen.

His time has been and gone in the national side. If he was going to be picked, it'd have been during the post-season friendlies or at the end of the qualifying campaign.

He was called up about 6 months ago for a friendly

Archived