Sevco (about to) sign Boyd

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didn't get along with Burley but it's not like he hates his country! Pretty sure he offered to play for Levein and Strachan obviously rates him so if he chooses to stay playing at the highest level possible you never know, his goals could take us to Euro 16!

You need to remember it's a very short career in comparison to other jobs. If someone was going to offer you 3 times your wage just now I'm sure you'd take it.

If The Rangers want to pay over the odds to win the championship they're the fools not the players.

While I don't give a flying f**k what Boyd does, I am sick of that argument for paying players as much as they get. When a footballer retires at 35, does that mean that his life is over. No, he can go out and earn until he's in his 60s like the rest of us have to. Even within football, there are jobs that can be done, but hey, guess what? They'll have earned enough to be able to afford to set up their own business and maybe employ some other folk at the same time, or to pay to be retrained into another career.

Yep you can make money all your life but you might only get one chance to put one past Neueur in a Euro qualifier.

I'd rather have the money in the bank than be the auld jakey in the corner telling anybody that'll listen that I once scored in a euro qualifier. As soon as players are past being useful they're shown the door so they should make as much as they can while they're able. If that means dropping a level and affecting their Scotland chances, big deal.

Yep you can make money all your life but you might only get one chance to put one past Neueur in a Euro qualifier.

Unless he finds a way to injure the six or so strikers ahead of him in the pecking order then that's very unlikely to happen no matter who he signs for.

It's like the fucking Blues Brothers...

"We're putting the team back together again. It's 50 miles to the hotel, the luxury coach has got a full tank of gas, it's dark and we're wearing the Union Jack third kit. Hit it."

Genuinely laughed out loud at that. :lol:

I'd rather have the money in the bank than be the auld jakey in the corner telling anybody that'll listen that I once scored in a euro qualifier. As soon as players are past being useful they're shown the door so they should make as much as they can while they're able. If that means dropping a level and affecting their Scotland chances, big deal.

Typical old-firm "money is everything" shite post.

they should make as much as they can while they're able. If that means dropping a level and affecting their Scotland chances, big deal.

Well this is a fantastic attitude for any player to have.

Not a lover of playing for the jersey then?

Well this is a fantastic attitude for any player to have.

Not a lover of playing for the jersey then?

Why are you wetting yourself over whether a player decides to play for money or play for a jersey?

Why are you wetting yourself over whether a player decides to play for money or play for a jersey?

I was more focussing on your f**k Scotland part of the post.

Boyd can play where he pleases as far as I'm concerned.

You say that a football player should make as much money as he can when he's young enough to do it.

Why shouldn't he get as many caps for his country and make his family proud forever whilst he can?

Why do people on the internet when someone has a different opinion assume they're either an idiot or they're wetting themselves? It's called a debate, grow up a bit.

Boyd should aim to be playing for someone like Aberdeen next season I think, he would still be banging them in, this time for a bigger club, and Strachan would be forced to consider him for the number 9 shirt in qualifying.

Why do people on the internet when someone has a different opinion assume they're either an idiot or they're wetting themselves?

Possibly because fannies say things like this:

Boyd should aim to be playing for someone like Aberdeen next season I think, he would still be banging them in, this time for a bigger club, and Strachan would be forced to consider him for the number 9 shirt in qualifying.

Unless he finds a way to injure the six or so strikers ahead of him in the pecking order then that's very unlikely to happen no matter who he signs for.

Name the 6 strikers ahead of him... Naismith, maybe Fletcher and Griffiths but you have to admit Boyd is in there and if he keeps up his fitness and hits good form and Naisy dosn't get enough games for Everton he's an option for first choice striker.

Ally McCoist doesn't seem to have any imagination when it comas to signing players. Time and time again Rangers are linked with bringing back players who played for the previous club.

Sign him expect ST sales to rise = wonga, give them past glories to relive and all that bolloxs.

Archived