Sevco (about to) sign Boyd

Whats your problem with Rangers signing a player from the lower end of the top tier league to play in (hopefully) the top end of the 2nd tier?

Afterall i believe that Bidco have recently signed a former Scotland international to bolster their squad.

Is Bidco meant to be some kind of insult btw? If so, I'm no sure how it's meant to be offensive naming us after the company who took us over and saved us from liquidation.

Or is purely because you can't handle other folk calling you Sevco that you have to make up something as poor as that to insinuate we're somehow similar to yourselves?

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess The Rangers didn't fancy being in a competitive league after-all. It's all about getting a good healthy points haul in by Xmas, to offset the inevitable points deduction. Only McCoist can fk it up for them now.

Do you mean a league like the SPFL Premiership?

Why would anyone care about a competitive league? Every team would want to win their league eqsily.

You're obviously hurting that Boydy never went to the sheep.

Tbh i'd rather see a competitive league, nothing worse than seeing a football season being over mid-March. Boyd will give Rangers goals but hopefully we see a good competitive division.

Is Bidco meant to be some kind of insult btw? If so, I'm no sure how it's meant to be offensive naming us after the company who took us over and saved us from liquidation.

Or is purely because you can't handle other folk calling you Sevco that you have to make up something as poor as that to insinuate we're somehow similar to yourselves?

It's only a company name, get knickers untwisted.....

It's only a company name, get knickers untwisted.....

My knickers are perfectly fine thanks.

Was just trying to grasp whether it was meant to be an insult. If you want to refer to us after the good Lady Budge's company name then feel free.

Was just trying to grasp whether it was meant to be an insult. If you want to refer to us after the good Lady Budge's company name then feel free.

They're probably still a bit peeved that since dying in hilarious fashion, two other clubs have been in the shite, but survived.

Wee shame :lol:

You do appear to be rather agitated over a wee joke....

Fizzing mate.

Anyway, I'll let you get back to discussing Boyd.

You Bidco fans could talk the hind legs off a Cribari, so do you reckon that Kris will fit into our hoofbaw system?

You Bidco fans could talk the hind legs off a Cribari, so do you reckon that Kris will fit into our hoofbaw system?

I think he'll obviously score goals, but is he needed for the majority of games? Daly and Miller would surely have been enough against most teams as well? If you're spending money, frim what I seen of you, you'd have been better getting another CH or central midfielder.

I accept my opinion is based on not having seen a great deal of you apart from a handful of matches on telly.

I think he'll obviously score goals, but is he needed for the majority of games? Daly and Miller would surely have been enough against most teams as well? If you're spending money, frim what I seen of you, you'd have been better getting another CH or central midfielder.

I accept my opinion is based on not having seen a great deal of you apart from a handful of matches on telly.

Daly toiled in the latter half of last season, McCoist should have rested him more, while Miller has worked well with Boyf before - i'm not sure what his games like now. A decent centre half to play besides Mohsni was a wish of mine but i don't enough about McGregor to say if he'll do the job.

We're ok in central midfield imo

We've probably strengthened a bit more due to you lot and Hibs being in the league.

We're ok in central midfield imo

Agreed. And with McGregor joining it means McCulloch is another who can be moved into central midfield if required.

I also agree that Daly was poor in the 2nd half of last season. It seemed obvious he was playing too many games yet McCoist simply kept starting him. He won't get many games next season yet probably earns more or equal to the wages of Kris and Kenny. I suppose the club deserve's praise in that respect, albeit wasteful in retrospect.

I'm not the sharpest tac in the box but have I missed something here?

I thought Sevco were in financial trouble so where has/is the money coming from for Boyd?

I'm not the sharpest tac in the box but have I missed something here?

I thought Sevco were in financial trouble so where has/is the money coming from for Boyd?

Let's try this question for starters....

Which club tried to sign Daniel Cousin the day they went into administration?

New club same idiocy. Wonder where they're getting the money for his no doubt ridiculously high wages. As for the comment of who wouldn't want to easily win a league,I'm pretty sure the majority of fans from all the clubs in the championship would prefer to see a open,competitive league.

Anyway, I imagine he will be one of the first to jump ship when the new club dies just like the old one.

Wonder where they're getting the money for his no doubt ridiculously high wages. As for the comment of who wouldn't want to easily win a league,I'm pretty sure the majority of fans from all the clubs in the championship would prefer to see a open,competitive league.

None of Rangers' signings (so far) are on high wages.

As for wondering where the money is coming from, Rangers have released some players who were on good money, most likely freeing up a total of more than the wages of the recent signings so its been a case of balancing the budget rather than adding to it, maybe even saving some cash.

Archived