Who's the better prospect?

Was a touch of sarcasm, I'll draw you a picture next time so you can try keep up. :)

As I have already said, if you claim that a club basis the values of a transfer bid from what they read in the media, well, the comment is laughable.

The club won't entirely base it on that, that I have never said, Wanyama and Hooper were overpaid for and that is partly down to Celtic being talked up in the Champions League

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair the price of Wanyama and Hooper etc was down to media hype

The club won't entirely base it on that, that I have never said, Wanyama and Hooper were overpaid for and that is partly down to Celtic being talked up in the Champions League

:blink:

If we are talking about a scout/coach/manager in England who wouldn't usually give the Scottish League a second glance all of a sudden talking an interest in a guy because of some headlines that I can agree with. To claim that said scout/coach/manager would be in some way influenced by the media when it came to a valuation, behave.

The guy clearly has a lot of talent if he's on the verge of joining a relatively big European club. They obviously feel he has great things ahead of him.

Or they've believed the media hype.

I didn't strongly imply anything. I merely pointed out that just because Sporting Lisbon are in for him doesn't vindicate your argument that he's not overhyped.

afd862e3ebfb2629a871fe80bcb262523bc17a8a

Do you, in your heart of hearts, not think Gauld has been overhyped?

Nope. In fact, I'm one of the United fans that thinks most highly of him.

I am devastated he's leaving as watching a kid with his talents is a once in a generation thing for a United fan.

This is by far the best and most exciting transfer of a Scotttish player in the last decade! So regardless of whether you think he is overhyped or not, let's get behind him and hope he lives up to his potential.

He could be playing in the champions league in 2 months time, for crying or loud.

This a great thing. Let's hope some of the "better" prospects can follow suit and make it to the next level.

Personally, GMS and Robertson are 2 that are capable of that. And I'd much prefer they went to Portugal than England.

The last Scottish player I can remember making such an exciting move was Collins to Monaco, plenty have left for bigger clubs but few have left for a club that concentrates on technical ability, if they're interested they must see something in him that's not there in your typical Scottish player.

Aye, Southampton parted with £12.5 million thanks to some Daily Record headlines. :rolleyes:

They can hardly get Scottish people to part with ten bob thanks to their headlines.

And that proves what?

Do you, in your heart of hearts, not think Gauld has been overhyped?

Good lord man, give it a rest :1eye

Noone think's he's the next Messi, despite the media hype. Sporting Lisbon don't think he's the next Messi, despite their in-depth analysis of articles in the Daily Mail and Auchterarder Express. He's a talented young player with a tonne of potential, and as such a mid-tier European force has paid a few million quid for that talent and potential. Sink, swim or soar, this is the business.

This is by far the best and most exciting transfer of a Scotttish player in the last decade! So regardless of whether you think he is overhyped or not, let's get behind him and hope he lives up to his potential.

He could be playing in the champions league in 2 months time, for crying or loud.

This a great thing. Let's hope some of the "better" prospects can follow suit and make it to the next level.

Personally, GMS and Robertson are 2 that are capable of that. And I'd much prefer they went to Portugal than England.

Gauld and Robertson are fantastic prospects. GMS is decent. There's a difference.

How much are Porto going to offer for Robertson? £7.5m?

Highly doubt it. Ps United fans in particular but also fans of other small teams told me Guald would be sold for 7-10 million. I said at most 2-3 million if he was as good as claimed. Turns out I was right. Even fairly great players like Wanyama playing at a big club like celtic or rangers only went for 12 million, 8 million for Allen Hutton. Because small clubs have even less weight as regards turning down offers the most I ever see a small club selling a player for is 6 million and that's if they have the actual next Messi, not some guy who I have never seen play at Messi level, more I have seen guald play at a slightly higher level than Shaun Maloney. Hames Rodriguez to me is a player that could develop into a great even greater than Messi btw, he's so exciting to watch and single handedly dragged his team to near victory vs Brazil and into the knock-out stage, pitty he's not Scottish tho.

Highly doubt it. Ps United fans in particular but also fans of other small teams told me Guald would be sold for 7-10 million. I said at most 2-3 million if he was as good as claimed. Turns out I was right. Even fairly great players like Wanyama playing at a big club like celtic or rangers only went for 12 million, 8 million for Allen Hutton. Because small clubs have even less weight as regards turning down offers the most I ever see a small club selling a player for is 6 million and that's if they have the actual next Messi, not some guy who I have never seen play at Messi level, more I have seen guald play at a slightly higher level than Shaun Maloney. Hames Rodriguez to me is a player that could develop into a great even greater than Messi btw, he's so exciting to watch and single handedly dragged his team to near victory vs Brazil and into the knock-out stage, pitty he's not Scottish tho.

You were right, if you decide that future fees don't count. The reason the offer was too good to turn down, was that United will be due a sell on fee, and if he lives up to his potential that could be huge.

And, Hames?

Archived