Who's the better prospect?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryan Gauld however remains the best prospect for me by far. He dropped off badly after being used too much last season, but he has the talent to go all the way in the game.

Looks like Sporting Lisbon agrees with me :(

Odd to be losing a player who isn't even a guaranteed starter yet!

Or they've believed the media hype.

A club like Sporting Lisbon spend millions on hype? Get a grip of thyself!!!

Having watched Gauld week in week out, it was abundantly obvious that he was destined for a big move. Robertson, Armstrong and GMS are players, no doubt, but none has the potential of Gauld.

Absolutly gutted to see the wee man go. He'll be sold on for 8 figures soon enough, I have no doubt. Best have a BIG sell on clause in there United.

I've done a quick calculation and reckon the United squad is worth £90m - £95m.

That's not including the mascot whose likely to go to an Italian side for about €1.8m. You heard it here first.

Or they've believed the media hype.

A few months back, I was having a conversation with a the rangers fan about how Celtic now find themselves in the position of being a selling club. He hit out with a statement about how we only received such amounts for Wanyama, McGeady, Ki, etc etc, thanks to the Scottish media, or "mhedia" as he referred them too, over hyping these players. Idiocy such as that is somewhat expected from a the rangers fan, what's your excuse?

A few months back, I was having a conversation with a the rangers fan about how Celtic now find themselves in the position of being a selling club. He hit out with a statement about how we only received such amounts for Wanyama, McGeady, Ki, etc etc, thanks to the Scottish media, or "mhedia" as he referred them too, over hyping these players. Idiocy such as that is somewhat expected from a the rangers fan, what's your excuse?

To be fair, Wanyama was ridiculously over valued and the media lapped it up. The pro-Old Firm shows/pundits also gave it the "if he was playing like that in England then he'd be worth double" - clue, he wisnae so he isnae.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic/9636360/Celtic-midfielder-Victor-Wanyama-priced-at-25-million-by-coach-Neil-Lennon.html

It would help if that was even remotely similar to what I said,but keep trying to shoehorn the OF into every conversation, it seems to be going well.

It would help if that was even remotely similar to what I said,but keep trying to work the OF into every conversation, it seems to be going well.

That aside, you did strongly imply that Sporting Lisbon was heavily influenced by media hype. That was a stupid statement and had you admitted so this would not have gone on.

It's not too late you know, admit it was daft and feel the loving caress (metaphorically) of your fellow P&Brs. We're only to willing to forgive a sinner.

To be fair, Wanyama was ridiculously over valued and the media lapped it up. The pro-Old Firm shows/pundits also gave it the "if he was playing like that in England then he'd be worth double" - clue, he wisnae so he isnae.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic/9636360/Celtic-midfielder-Victor-Wanyama-priced-at-25-million-by-coach-Neil-Lennon.html

Celtic done remarkably well to receive 12 times what they paid for Wanyama, not often a team has a return like that, personally as much as I rated Wanyama, I certainly didn't expect a fee like that, but if anyone was to claim Southampton paid this because they have believed media hype, as said the rangers fan did, well, comments like that are laughable to say the least.

It would help if that was even remotely similar to what I said,but keep trying to work the OF into every conversation, it seems to be going well.

You believe media hype could be a factor in Gaulds proposed moved to Sporting, he believed media hype was a factor in Wanyama/McGeady/Ki's tranfers........hardly chalk and cheese here pal.

:lol: And trying to work the OF into EVERY conversation? :lol: Really?

That aside, you did strongly imply that Sporting Lisbon was heavily influenced by media hype. That was a stupid statement and had you admitted so this would not have gone on.

I didn't strongly imply anything. I merely pointed out that just because Sporting Lisbon are in for him doesn't vindicate your argument that he's not overhyped. Then Keeper/Weeper/Sweeper Dee started rambling on about me fancying myself as a Sporting Lisbon scout.

Celtic done remarkably well to receive 12 times what they paid for Wanyama, not often a team has a return like that, personally as much as I rated Wanyama, I certainly didn't expect a fee like that, but if anyone was to claim Southampton paid this because they have believed media hype, as said the rangers fan did, well, comments like that are laughable to say the least.

You believe media hype could be a factor in Gaulds proposed moved to Sporting, he believed media hype was a factor in Wanyama/McGeady/Ki's tranfers........hardly chalk and cheese here pal.

:lol: And trying to work the OF into EVERY conversation? :lol: Really?

To be fair the price of Wanyama and Hooper etc was down to media hype

Kilmarnock made 1900000x what we paid for Naismith. Go us.

Aye, Southampton parted with £12.5 million thanks to some Daily Record headlines. :rolleyes:

He was no way worth 12.5 million, Hooper and Wanyama were made out to be absolute gods in this league when they were far from it.

He was no way worth 12.5 million, Hooper and Wanyama were made out to be absolute gods in this league when they were far from it.

Well thank God for the media and gullible scouts then eh?

So, you've just completely backed up my point? Fucking thick ****

Was a touch of sarcasm, I'll draw you a picture next time so you can try keep up. :)

As I have already said, if you claim that a club bases the values of a transfer bid from what they read in the media, well, the comment is laughable.

Archived