The Leftovers

Quentin Taranbino

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved this week's episode but have questions?

Who is the dog killer guy? At first I thought he wasn't real etc but now I'm not sure

Whose bodies were in the truck? I thought the bodies had vanished or are these dummies made by that guy Nora met?

Do we think Aimee is banging her friends dad?

Are the two lads they hang around with brothers or a couple?

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched episode 9 there and have to admit, I thought it was the best one yet, quite interesting seeing everybody's lives before the "event"!!!

Also the reason the Chief's wife joined the cult finally explained and it was a cracker, didn't expect it all and it makes so much sense!!!

The fact she didn't tell anybody that she was pregnant and can't speak about it because she can't speak, fully explains why she joined the cult, as she DID lose somebody when it all happened but nobody actually knows that she did so nobody can understand why she joined and she obviously can't tell her family, who to their knowledge didn't lose anybody and are all confused and emotionally fuckedup!!!

Also the fact that everybody else in the episode has been seen or mentioned previously was a nice touch!!!

The next episode is the last one, its not going to get all wrapped up is it??

I think the next episode is going to see some really horrible stuff, but yeah, I assume we're not seeing much getting wrapped up in it. Which is good. Because it doesn't seem like the show where you can do that and actually make it work. If it gets wrapped up, the series is over pretty much.

Took me a while to get into this but it's growing on me. Really like the episodes where they focus on particular characters, they need to do more of that.

Doubt much will be wrapped up, it's been renewed for a second season so they must have more they want to tell otherwise why would they do that

Starting on Sky Atlantic soon, so I've tried not to read above posts!

Had a read through and there isn't much in the way of spoilers (nothing major anyway) anything crucial has been put in spoiler tags so don't open them!

My advice would be to stick with it until at least 3 episodes and then decide whether to stick with it or bail

Gave this a go based on this thread.

Unbelievably slow. Watched the first 5 episodes and have just now watched 6 and 7 on 5 second skips. For such a lofty premise, almost nothing has happened either in advancing the plot (is there a plot?), nor in-depth speculating/invesitgation on the nature of what happened, nor explanation about what the fcuk is going on in the various story threads. Who are the GR? What are they trying to do? Where did they come from? Why are they all smoking? Why are they dressed in white? Why won't they talk? Who is the black healer geezer, where did he come from, what's the point of his role, how does he keep seeing the future? What's with the Asian girl? What is happening to the cop? Why is so much time being focused on his and his irrelevant daughter's life? What's with his dad? Who is the dog hunter? Why is he killing dogs? Why is he giving away VIN-less trucks? Why is Ecclestone's accent so abysmal? Why was he given a whole episode? Why are all the cliched small town characters there? (cop, mayor, high school kids, priest, etc), etc etc etc etc etc.

And what is with all the fcuking violin and piano music?

Could've been a good sci-fi-y show, but quickly devolved into a directionless character soap opera. The story really really needs to get into gear rather than these achingly slow reveals that haven't happened yet. Really really poor for HBO.

People who have lots of questions and will base their opinion on the show by expecting answers should probably not bother their arse with it.

The creator of the show and the channel the show is on should leave absolutely nobody in doubt as to how things will go.

Just watched the first one on Sky Atlantic.....did you lot watch on Netflix or by aherm some other means?

Anyhoo I thought it was quite intriguing so i'll stick with it for a few weeks to see if it makes anymore sense. I'm not holding my breath though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived