Argentina v Belgium, Saturday 9pm, BBC

Mr Bairn

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the teams to play argentina so far have sat deep and gave them no space if Belgium open up can see argentina getting a good result,it may be Belgium play on the counter and use hazard and origi and there peace and skill,either way it will be a interesting game

Two poor teams, hopefully they realise what is at stake and play a match worthy of the occasion. However I fear that the two teams will actually realise what is at stake and shit it to produce another not so great match, something both these teams have excelled at during this World Cup.

Unless Argentina up their game after the Switzerland game, I can see Belgium winning this. I think we have still to see the best of Belgium. Wilmots doesn't seem to have got his best line up sorted yet.

Can Ze Maria play that bad again?

Will Fellaini get dropped?

Last night Belgium looked much better than they had any other night although still have plenty of improving to do. Argentina were never in contention for this world cup IMO and Belgium will edge this one 1-0

Unless Argentina up their game after the Switzerland game, I can see Belgium winning this. I think we have still to see the best of Belgium. Wilmots doesn't seem to have got his best line up sorted yet.

Can Ze Maria play that bad again?

Will Fellaini get dropped?

Ze Maria's not doing badly for an ex-Brazil fullback in his forties. Angel Di Maria, on the other hand, will either be a total liability or a matchwinner. In fairness, Argentina haven't been pish....they're just extremely overstated much like their direct opponents here. I've never seen Lavezzi, Palacio or Gago have a match good enough to be described as a 'worldy' which is whats required here...defensively they are slow and this will be exploited. Belgium for me look like giving someone an absolute beasting, with a team full of guys with a helluva lot to prove. 3-1 Devils.

Argentina and Germany were my favourites to win it before it all started. I think Belgium will beat Argentina though.

Argentina basically only have Messi, Aguero, Di Maria and Higuain to an extent. The rest of their side look average. Belgium are solid at the back with a great goalie and they have very good attacking players that can hurt the argies defence.

You'd expect Messi to get plenty of space in the middle, with Witsel and Fellani not performing all too well.

Belgiums defence is alright not great. Vertoghan will push really high, and Di Maria can exploit that.

Saying that Belgium's front 4 will love playing against a relatively poor backline.

You'd expect Messi to get plenty of space in the middle, with Witsel and Fellani not performing all too well.

Belgiums defence is alright not great. Vertoghan will push really high, and Di Maria can exploit that.

Saying that Belgium's front 4 will love playing against a relatively poor backline.

Dembele will play in midfield instead of Fellani and that will give them a much better and even midfield.

Belgium are gonna win this. They upped the gears against the USA and will do again.

Pretty much the way I see it.

Belgium are at least improving, they have some forward momentum. Argentina, if anything, have been getting worse.

Ze Maria's not doing badly for an ex-Brazil fullback in his forties. Angel Di Maria, on the other hand, will either be a total liability or a matchwinner. In fairness, Argentina haven't been pish....they're just extremely overstated much like their direct opponents here. I've never seen Lavezzi, Palacio or Gago have a match good enough to be described as a 'worldy' which is whats required here...defensively they are slow and this will be exploited. Belgium for me look like giving someone an absolute beasting, with a team full of guys with a helluva lot to prove. 3-1 Devils.

I don't remember Ze Maria as well as my sub conscience. Thanks ShawfieldAggro.

I think Dembele replacing Fellaini to support Witsel and Mirallas playing wide right for Mertens should strengthen Belgium. Their only weakness seems to be Wilmots. Does he know how to make the most of the talent he's got available? If Fellaini had been subbed at half time the other night, there probably wouldn't have been extra time.

Archived