Argentina v Belgium, Saturday 9pm, BBC

Mr Bairn

Both teams have failed to impress so don't really know what to expect.

For me Belgium failed to impress during the group stages but stepped up against the USA. Although Belgium should still be playing better again in this game. Argentina have been poor throughout but hopefully getting to this stage they will get there act together before its too late and we get to see a good game where both teams play well.

My opinion on this game is that out of all the games this one has so much "superstars" or "world-class" players yet the only reason I want to watch it is because I have money on Belgium, both teams need to step up to win the tournament.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen a lot of people, not on here, writing off Belgium. Personally I think they'll win. Argentina have looked really poor throughout and although Belgium haven't exactly set the World Cup alight they were pretty decent in the last round.

Lukaku did more in 15 minutes of extra time vs USA than he's done all tournament so would think he would start.

Don't read on if you don't care about betting.

Going to back Belgium outright at 3s and to qualify at 6/4. Doubt we will see many goals in this either so under2.5 or even a correct score of 1-0 to either team would be a good bet.

Argentina to win as they are, quite simply, better than Belgium. Belgiums cause won't be helped by players being shoehorned in all over the place and Hazard being stunted by Zabaleta. Lukaku will start and do the grand sum of f**k all

Really can't call this. Looking at each teams results in the last year doesn't help, Belgium have played nobody of note in a competitive game in the last 12 months and lost two friendlies against Japan and Colombia.

Argentina are much the same, they've only played one good team in a competitive game in the last 12 months and lost it, 3-2 to Uruguay. They did beat Italy 2-1 in August but that's pre season.

Simply because Argentina are such big favourites and I don't think there's justification for that I'm going to back Belgium.

Argentina starting XI: Romero, Garay, Zabaleta, Biglia, Di Maria, Higuain, Messi ©, Mascherano, Demichelis, Lavezzi, Basanta.

Belgium starting XI: Courtois, Alderweireld, Kompany ©, Vertonghen, Witsel, De Bruyne, Fellaini, Hazard, Mirallas, Van Buyten, Origi.

Archived