Rob Roy Signing News / pre season / squad info

RobRoyGuy

Sorry only just seen this R & B . Yes it was kilsyth today ( drew 1-1 ) and next saturday its Kilsyth Rangers against this time in the league at Duncansfield. Current squad details below....

GK

Johnny Murdoch

Jordan Brown

Defenders

Jonathan Carter ( Captain )

Paul Finnegan

Daniel McKenzie

Martin Brogan

Kenny Jarvis

David Barr

Midfielders

Alan Uruqhart

Jamie Hunter

Gary McMenamin

Scott Upton

Ally Martin

Jordan McKechnie

Strikers

Chris Duff

Scott Morton

Steven Aitken

Dominic O'Hallaron

Ryan Tiffney

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't make the game today....how did we look? any good?

As a totally unbiased Kilsyth supporter we probably had just the better of the first half, but Rabs had a better time in the second. Overall a draw was about right and we both avoid the wooden spoon. Looking forward to next saturdays game

As a totally unbiased Kilsyth supporter we probably had just the better of the first half, but Rabs had a better time in the second. Overall a draw was about right and we both avoid the wooden spoon. Looking forward to next saturdays game

:o

Favour - any chance of your starting line up , no problem if not just wanted to do the nosey so to speak.

• 1 month later...

Hey folks!

I have only been to four games this season so far but have a friend who goes every week.

I hear his views on how the team are shaping up now looking for one or two other supporters thoughts and opinions if possible. Thanks!

As ever Mon the famous Rabs !!

Decent start to the season. We haven't been spectacular or looked world beaters but some decent signs at the same time lots to work on.

The managers signings this season have been very good,

Murdoch been impressed with, best keeper we have had in a while

Finnegan, Top notch, works hard all game great experience, oldest player in the team but looks the fittest, not sure why he isn't captain.

, McMenamin as long as he keeps the head, Good solid player.

Upton,Just as i remember him first time with us, industrious player who can make things happen.

tiffney has looked very sharp in front of goal but needs to have a look along the line and stay onside never seen a player caught offside so much as he was in particular yesterday. ,

Barr looks a solid big defender

The keeper and defensively we look a lot better this year, brogan and barr looked very solid yesterday, Finnegan excellent full back and young Mackenzie or Jarvis at left back will do a decent job.

Midfield we have struggled a bit , can't seem to get a good combination in there and if we want to get promoted this is the area for me we need to somehow get right.

Up front we still haven't got a natural striker like Sawyers but guys like that are difficult to replace.

Overall we have done reasonably well, lots to work on and i think the management team will know better than me that we do have to improve if we are to go back up at the first attempt.

One thing i should of added earlier was a few people mention to me that the manager does himself no favour with his conduct at times on the sidelines. I personally have always stood away from our dugout as i just like to watch the games away from that area so don't often see it for myself first hand. But one thing that may drag Maxwell down is this. Personally i hope not as i think we have the right guy in charge who is maybe still a bit raw.

• 3 months later...

Just a little update to this thread while no games are on . Some squad info for anyone doing programmes and my general thoughts.

GK
Johnny Murdoch
Jordan Brown

Defenders
Paul Finnegan
Daniel MacKenzie
Martin Brogan
Kenny Jarvis
David Barr

Gordon Moffatt - Player Coach

Midfielders
Alan Uruqhart
Jamie Hunter
Gary McMenamin
Scott Upton
Alistair Martin
Lee Davison ( Loan from Queens Park )

Strikers
Chris Duff
Steven Aitken
Stephen McDonald ( On Loan from Petershill )
Ryan Tiffney

Kevin Watt ( On Loan from Clyde )

Jordan McKechnie - Transfer Listed

Dominic O'Halloran - On Loan to Petershill

Friendly Match tonight - Glenafton 0 V Rob Roy 4 , Aitken , Duff , Davison and McDonald with the goals

Next Match Arthurlie away 4th round scottish , 4th attempt to play game , supporters bus running to game details on website.

Word on the job our management team are doing this season . For the last 4 or 5 season always had a lot of Rob Roy chat on here , this season there as been very little comment on us mostly down to the guys going about their business in a quiet fashion , no fuss just concentrating on the job.

Tough job what with no ground , little money, relegation last season and losing our best two players from last season ( many would have walked ) but the guys have done really well in regrouping and putting together a well organised , hard working side which has a good blend of youth and experience. Are we world beaters no but we have a team who are giving their all for the club which is good to see. So well done the management team and the players keep it up !

Just a little update to this thread while no games are on . Some squad info for anyone doing programmes and my general thoughts.

GK

Johnny Murdoch

Jordan Brown

Defenders

Paul Finnegan

Daniel MacKenzie

Martin Brogan

Kenny Jarvis

David Barr

Midfielders

Alan Uruqhart

Jamie Hunter

Gary McMenamin

Scott Upton

Alistair Martin

Strikers

Chris Duff

Steven Aitken

Ryan Tiffney

Friendly Match tonight - Glenafton 0 V Rob Roy 4 , Aitken , Duff , Davison and McDonald with the goals

Next Match Arthurlie away 4th round scottish , 4th attempt to play game , supporters bus running to game details on website.

Word on the job our management team are doing this season . For the last 4 or 5 season always had a lot of Rob Roy chat on here , this season there as been very little comment on us mostly down to the guys going about their business in a quiet fashion , no fuss just concentrating on the job.

Tough job what with no ground , little money, relegation last season and losing our best two players from last season ( many would have walked ) but the guys have done really well in regrouping and putting together a well organised , hard working side which has a good blend of youth and experience. Are we world beaters no but we have a team who are giving their all for the club which is good to see. So well done the management team and the players keep it up !

hows McDonald doing? Seen him a few times and thought he had a touch of class about him!

GK

Johnny Murdoch

Jordan Brown

Defenders

Paul Finnegan

Daniel MacKenzie

Martin Brogan

Kenny Jarvis

David Barr

Midfielders

Alan Uruqhart

Jamie Hunter

Gary McMenamin

Scott Upton

Alistair Martin

Strikers

Chris Duff

Steven Aitken

Ryan Tiffney

So, let me get this right, the "massive" Rutherglen Glencairn squad that you go on ad nauseam about actually has four less players than your own team's current squad ? Yes or no ? ;-)

So, let me get this right, the "massive" Rutherglen Glencairn squad that you go on ad nauseam about actually has four less players than your own team's current squad ? Yes or no ? ;-)

I don't deny we have a big squad though! You do don't try kid you don't and have had for years Now move on!

18 players mate. :-)

Your own player commented on the glens revolving door! Anyway the info is there for anyone who needs it, you won't do a programmed will you?

hows McDonald doing? Seen him a few times and thought he had a touch of class about him!

Hasn't been with us long and i haven't seen him play myself. Was he at kilbirnie?

Your own player commented on the glens revolving door! Anyway the info is there for anyone who needs it, you won't do a programmed will you?

Hasn't been with us long and i haven't seen him play myself. Was he at kilbirnie?

no I remember him from when he played with Blantyre last season,watched them twice and he was a stand out.nice touches on the ball and scored a couple of crackers too!

• 4 months later...

Two or three guys were asking where my Roy news was no this, think some of it maybe lost in bigger threads so will put it in this One from last season to save starting a new One.Just pre season and squad news.....

Pre season starts this Saturday July 4th exactly a month since our last game the playoff.

Check website to see if bus running to the friendlies, should be.

The Meldrum Cup

Loch Park, New Cumnock. - Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th July 2015

Saturday 18th July.

Game 1. - Airdrieonians v Rob Roy. Kick off 12.30pm.

Game 2. - Glenafton Ath v Dalbeattie Star. Kick off 3pm.

Sunday 19th July.

Play Off. Losers Game 1 v Losers Game 2. Kick off 12.30.

Final. Winners Game 1 v Winners Game 2. Kick off 3pm.

Presentation; 4.45pm.

The following Friendlies have now been arranged ;-

Monday 27th July 2015; v Hamilton Accies at New Douglas Park, ko 7.30pm

Saturday 1st August 2015; v Haddington Athletic at Millfield Park, ko 2.30pm

Rob Roy will play Larkhall Thistle in a friendly on Saturday 22nd August 2015 at Gaswork Park, Larkhall with a 2pm kick off

Rob Roy have signed the following..

Stephen Maguire from Cumnock striker

Tony McParland Irvine meadow striker

Daniel Boyle Cumbernauld Utd defender

Gavin MacKie Cumbernauld Utd midfielder

Jordan McGuire campsie black watch midfielder (played at the end of last season for us in playoffs).

Left

Thomas Collins, beith

Kevin Watt Annan athletic

Kenny Jarvis St Rochs

Martin Brogan unsure me but hasn't resigned yet so may be moving on. Same for Josh flood unsure.

Ryan Tiffney Blantyre Vics

And a Scott Morton who was with us but who left to work abroad is back and signed for lowland league side east kilbride

Re-signed

Johnny Murdoch

Jordan Brown

Jonathan Carter

Daniel McKenzie

Paul Finnigan

David Barr

Gary McMenamin

Lee Davison

Jamie Hunter

Alan Urquhart

Scott Upton