Rob Roy Signing News / pre season / squad info

RobRoyGuy

I have seen maybe 15 minutes of the 21's that was after a late call off against Hurlford we headed, I was forced, to Glasgow as the boys warmed up I headed down to the nearest boozer for copious amounts of lager!

Last years Arthurlie 21's were a quality group so if the boy was captain that must tell it's own story ;)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whitsitcalled has a cracking set up with the bar outside area and the pitch itself might be an idea to do a wee video tour of it and put it on your website for any not sure about traveling, I confess if I was a Rabs fan I'd hope the new ground build would take a but longer ;)

Or you could link to our Facebook page at www.hattrix.co.uk

Presumably he's not deemed as good as the CBs they already have? Maybe he wanted a better chance of regular games?

Just surprised that a junior club having a under 21 team don't give the captain of a successful youth side a chance. I would be looking to bring him in , give him a season of learning next to experienced guys and play him in certain games and take it from there, you would think that's the point of having a under 21 team. Then again i ain't a manager so what do i know.

Or did they consider him and felt he was not up to premier league just yet and that was that . Makes you wonder what a boy at a under 21 premier league team has to do to get signed up by the full team.

RRG how do you know if Arthurlie wanted him or never wanted him?We have Ryan Jordan (injured) Kevin green Jamie Lyden and David Merriman.Doubt there would be any space for him at centre half.Seen a couple of games for 21's and wasn't overly impressed and don't think better than what we have.hopefully he does well at the Roy.

RRG how do you know if Arthurlie wanted him or never wanted him?We have Ryan Jordan (injured) Kevin green Jamie Lyden and David Merriman.Doubt there would be any space for him at centre half.Seen a couple of games for 21's and wasn't overly impressed and don't think better than what we have.hopefully he does well at the Roy.

Ok you saw a couple of games and he wasn't great , young guys are inexperienced and blow hot and cold. I am not for one second saying he is better than those guys , what i am saying is a boy from the lie under 21's captain would benefit greatly imo in coming into the full squad and spending a season with the full squad rather than being told he is not wanted and that's that. It's pretty obvious is it not he wasn't wanted otherwise why would the lie under 21 captain say no thanks i want to go and play in the league below with a team from kirky. Don't get me wrong i understand the pressure on a team to stay in the premier league , you would just think maybe take a punt on one or two of them , get them in and around the full team and take it from there.

Ok you saw a couple of games and he wasn't great , young guys are inexperienced and blow hot and cold. I am not for one second saying he is better than those guys , what i am saying is a boy from the lie under 21's captain would benefit greatly imo in coming into the full squad and spending a season with the full squad rather than being told he is not wanted and that's that. It's pretty obvious is it not he wasn't wanted otherwise why would the lie under 21 captain say no thanks i want to go and play in the league below with a team from kirky. Don't get me wrong i understand the pressure on a team to stay in the premier league , you would just think maybe take a punt on one or two of them , get them in and around the full team and take it from there.

We knew exactly what was happening with Greg and he knew where we stood. He needs to play to keep on developing & at the moment he wouldn't play enough. He leaves with everyone's best wishes. He has been involved in the squad several times (actually made his debut vs the Roy 2 seasons back). Greg spent the first 2 weeks of preseason with us before going to the Roy.

In terms of the 21s. We have signed 2 players from them for the forthcoming season (which considering this was the first full year is great IMO). We have a youth set up that has approx 290 kids in it. We have been very fortunate that the 21s have been successful and have produced players that have been involved with the first team.

Fair enough mate. Always difficult for under 21s to break into a premier league team. Look forward to seeing what the guy can do.

The 21's create a problem if their not eligible for the new season as there isn't another age group to go up to . If you're a top league side can you afford to play them ? Don't think so . Kelty have a good young player who wouldn't get much game time so they've farmed him out to Rosyth ,maybe this is the road to go down .

Alki so you are ha.

No seriously while your on do you know anything about Grieg Barr your under 21 captain from last season? We signed him, cracked his head open in the first night of pre season going by his twitter, sounds like my kind of midfielder.

Puzzled me why arthurlie never took him on, guess you guys are well covered in midfield.

He's a centre half.

I didn't know Adrian Chiles posted on here!

The 21's create a problem if their not eligible for the new season as there isn't another age group to go up to . If you're a top league side can you afford to play them ? Don't think so . Kelty have a good young player who wouldn't get much game time so they've farmed him out to Rosyth ,maybe this is the road to go down .

It is something we did last season with Craig Holmes who went on loan to the Ants. I agree it makes sense to do that but at the end of the day it is up to the player.

He thinks he'll struggle to get a regular game at Meadow.

found that strange as Willie is different class and one of the best goal scorers I've ever played with

Not really strange. He was a guaranteed goal scorer and starter for us and we would play to his strengths.

At meadow he won't have a team playing to his strengths, he won't be number one man and the competition will be tough. Wish Willie well but he will find it tough to get a run in a very good meadow team.

Archived