Who can take Talbot's throne this year?

Lt123

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not? On our day we're a match for any team it's doing it for 22 games is another thing. Medda have strengthen there team and am sure Hurlford will do the same Kilbirnie have brought in good signings and peasy will want a better season than last they had the same squad as season before so don't know wit went wrong last season for them. They done the double over us arthurlie look 2 have a decent team again after a bad season for them last season with Barr smith n Stewart up front that's a good strikeforce and then there's the promoted teams Beith n Shotts who will just wanna stay up n I reckon Troon will be in the top half of the table.

All these teams have strengthened dave but do they have what it takes to go all the way. Peasy went close 2 years ago but have only went one way since then. Think they will struggle big time. Arthurlie I think will be top 6. My top 4 teams are Hurlford meadow talbot and kilbirnie.

I've no real expectations this season, can't see us up there fighting for a top three finish.

Manager is still in the process of building a side, sad to see a few guys leaving but well pleased with what we have left from last season.

I'm sure Tam will add to the quality and produce a side capable of competing, I hope!

Hard away opener to the Peasies then the Talbot at home. Fecking great to be back.

If I was a betting man, a Danny Diver on the Bankies, I really enjoyed watching them last season.

Although they've lost a few good players if my memory serves me right.

Last season I thought we'd do well & for a good part of the season we were 3rd but Rabs apart every game we drew or lost pre January we could have got something from the game. Once we went out the cup & secured our status we stopped for 1 reason or other.

Hopefully this season we can keep it going throughout the season

Most of last seasons squad been kept with not all the support agreeing with all the re-signings but that's another discussion on another thread

Talbot still the team to beat although losin Pettigrew? to Stranraer will be a blow & will Campbell be an able replacement ?

Ayrshire teams are performing very well and will likely continue to do so. I don't know if Talbot will win the league but I feel fairly sure the champions will be an Ayrshire region side. Would be great if Bankies could reach that summit, but we've lost 3 big players for us - losing Ross McPherson, who provided a lot of goals for us last season; Vinny Berry, who was wonderful in midfield, and Ciaran McElroy who dazzled many with his performances on the wing, these guys were quite unique talents. We've signed a few new players and retained the majority of our squad from last season, so I'd hope we would continue to impress others with our performances as well as win the majority of times,

Talbot are the benchmark right now, but they showed a few signs that they can be shaken up. Hurlford are, naturally, spending, but I am admiring the fact they appear to be investing WISELY - they aren't just throwing money at random things, they look genuinely strong and well-rounded with this money being spent, and went one further than other sides who have splashed the cash in the recent past and got little back for it. It's difficult to compete with this throughout the course of a whole season but I'm confident the Bankies will give it their best!

Really depends on how the new bods settle in ... we looked vulnerable in the Centre of defence esp towards the end of the season ... so see how that works out. Vinnie will be a loss but we've signed some potentially influential replacements for him ... Archie ( McPherson ) 's goals came mainly from set pieces / free kicks / long range efforts - so we'll need to adapt our play ... Ciaron only rarely actualyl started a game - and I actually thought that Goldie was / is a more influential and effective winger - albeit we'll need some balance now ... Shelvey may be that man.

Got more players coming to training ( as I understand it ) from u-21s and Juvs - so may be a few gems in there ... We can't compete ( for the time being ) with teams that have other income streams ... whether they be benefactors / social clubs or wealthy sponsors - or an other - so we rely on havign a great management team that have worked wonders with a fraction of the budget of other sides ... but this is always a time for optimism ... everyone's on the same points ... so let's get it on !!

Won't be happy to just stay up, personally aiming for mid table just now.

As for beating Talbot, sure Meadow & Hurlford will give it a good go & wouldn't be surprised to see either win it.

In a 22 game league ( woefully low ) then it only takes a bit of cut-throatedness to let another team up through the middle ...

We lost 9 league games last season ... 6 single goal defeats and 3 by 2 goal margins

Most of these couldve gone either way ( as could a few of our draws / wins ) ...

We could easily have ended up with 4 points out of 6 against Talbot , same with Medda and a cpl of draws agaisnt hurlford ... if one or two other teams ( Ladeside look to be making progress, Troon mibbee ... Beith ?) can do the same and Talbot, Medda and Hurlford drop points to each other then who's to say what can happen. A run of 5 or 6 wins can mean a big move ...

I think it could be a pretty open league

Won't be happy to just stay up, personally aiming for mid table just now.

As for beating Talbot, sure Meadow & Hurlford will give it a good go & wouldn't be surprised to see either win it.

When Beith deservedly won the title a few seasons ago I stated that it's easier to win it than to stay there, reason being everyone is up for it against the champions. This is something that Talbot have had to deal with as every team is up for it big style against them, even when they're not champions. Also as Beith found out competing in the big Scottish takes it's toll. Three titles in a trot has never been done, but if any team can do it? Looking forward to a very good competitive league and welcome back Beith, good club with decent facilities.

How times have changed, when Meadow were winning the League Talbot were only interested in the Scottish Cup the League didn't matter apparently!

I've always said that winning your League is a great achievement. I think the top 3 will be the same as last year, in what order time will tell.

How times have changed, when Meadow were winning the League Talbot were only interested in the Scottish Cup the League didn't matter apparently!

I've always said that winning your League is a great achievement. I think the top 3 will be the same as last year, in what order time will tell.

My Meadow chum, it is my opinion that the Scottish Cup is the Blue Ribbon tournament, for West teams the league is next. However, it would be good for Talbot to create another record by winning three league titles in a row, could only add to the pedigree which includes only team to do that double, hmmm twice! Only team to win Scottish three in a row, etc etc etc. Of course winning the league is a great achievement, the debate is whether it makes them the best team.

Archived