Question Time

ICTJohnboy

Doesn't remotely sound like he's spent long in Nairn. On radio I'd have assumed it was Ian Paisley.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't remotely sound like he's spent long in Nairn. On radio I'd have assumed it was Ian Paisley.

He's originally from Inverness. Apparently.

Edit: if you thought that, staying in Inverness, then it's little wonder a number of Central Belt folk ask if you (as in Highlanders) are from Norn Iron.

He's originally from Inverness. Apparently.

Edit: if you thought that, staying in Inverness, then it's little wonder a number of Central Belt folk ask if you (as in Highlanders) are from Norn Iron.

To be honest I thought he sounded half Geordie, half PROUD ULSTERMAAAAN. Until recently I worked in Merkinch, and also Nairn for a bit, so am familiar with the local vernacular. He's probably been away with the BRUHTISH AARMEH most of his life.

You notice the drop they Ireland, from "Former Scotland and British Lions player"

Was it definitely called the British and Irish Lions when he played for them?

It's a relatively new name.

He wasn't in the British and Irish Lions. They only adopted that name in 2001. He played for the British Lions, as they were then called, on tours in 1989 and 1993.

It would be incorrect, for instance, to say that Miroslav Đukić was a Serbia and Montenegro international. He played for the Yugoslavia national team. He ceased to play internationally before the Serbia and Montenegro national team came into being.

Pre-2001, the team was only nicknamed the British Lions. Officially, they were known as the British Isles, as can be seen from the team listing approximately 30 seconds into this video from the 1993 tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41v3hsgX3x8

At that time, the "British Lions" nickname was used less often in Ireland, as the team was considered to be made up of British players (from England, Scotland & Wales) & Irish players (from NI & Eire). The term "British Isles", obviously included all the players

After independence, of course, Scotland will still be part of the geographic British Isles, and like Eire will not be part of the UK. Scots will still be eligible to play for the Lions

As such, I'm not really sure what point Scott Hastings point was trying to make.

"Just a fortnight ago Mr Hanlin roused 10 people, including Moray Conservative councillor and MSP Mary Scanlon’s spokesman Douglas Ross and Scottish Labour Party prospective candidate Mike Robb, to a meeting at the Community Centre for a sing-song and a pro-Union rally."

Sing-song and pro-union rally? Sounds like an orange walk to me.

Alan Savage should have not have been anywhere near a BBC studio.

His previous disgraceful comments should have forever debarred him.

However, as it turned out, he put himself even further beyond the pale.

So just discovered these comments on a YouTube clip of the video..... Imagine what the bbc would be saying if it was yes voters saying this

post-38578-14051176243201_thumb.jpgpost-38578-14051176363988_thumb.jpg

Was it Alan Savage who said he would move out of Scotland if it became independent? Also Michelle "Moan"? Did they give legitimate reasons for moving their businesses other than for doing it out of spite / project fearmongering?

Was it Alan Savage who said he would move out of Scotland if it became independent? Also Michelle "Moan"? Did they give legitimate reasons for moving their businesses other than for doing it out of spite / project fearmongering?

Because they're c***s.

So we can cross if Slobodan Milosevic in our 'Nasty people Salmond has been compared to' bingo. I just need Ivan the terrible, Vlad the impaler for house.

Michelle Mone is an abject arsehole. It's hilarious when you see her on TV desperately trying to lose her weegie accent and utterly, utterly failing.

I have now watched QT and what an arsehole Alan Savage is. I thought he was spectacularly mis-informed and just came out with scare stories like as if they were fact - NO currency, NO Euro and NO credit rating and immediate bankruptcy! And what the f**k was that chat about Scottish people hating Westminster because we don't like English people? Are there no Scottish, Irish or Welsh MP's in Westminster?

Also, I liked Joan Burnie. Never thought I'd say that.

Scott Hastings - said loads without making one valid point. Utter hot air and not the least bit bothered about inequality.

And Dimbleby - shame on him for going back to the clearly mentally ill Jesus guy. He should be dug up for that.

Michelle Mone is an abject arsehole. It's hilarious when you see her on TV desperately trying to lose her weegie accent and utterly, utterly failing.

I have now watched QT and what an arsehole Alan Savage is. I thought he was spectacularly mis-informed and just came out with scare stories like as if they were fact - NO currency, NO Euro and NO credit rating and immediate bankruptcy! And what the f**k was that chat about Scottish people hating Westminster because we don't like English people? Are there no Scottish, Irish or Welsh MP's in Westminster?

Also, I liked Joan Burnie. Never thought I'd say that.

Scott Hastings - said loads without making one valid point. Utter hot air and not the least bit bothered about inequality.

And Dimbleby - shame on him for going back to the clearly mentally ill Jesus guy. He should be dug up for that.

Ah, the great Michelle Mone, who left school at the age of 15 with no qualifications, despite the fact the legal leaving age at the time was 16. Assuming her quoted age is correct.

A girl I know used to work for MJM - she reckoned all the work was done by Mone's husband, and described big Michelle as "the tits of the company".

She would be no loss to Scotland - if anything, her leaving is another positive for the Yes campaign.

Ah, the great Michelle Mone, who left school at the age of 15 with no qualifications, despite the fact the legal leaving age at the time was 16. Assuming her quoted age is correct.

A girl I know used to work for MJM - she reckoned all the work was done by Mone's husband, and described big Michelle as "the tits of the company".

She would be no loss to Scotland - if anything, her leaving is another positive for the Yes campaign.

The arrogance of Mone and Savage is breathtaking. Do they really believe that by threatening to relocate their crappy business's south of the border that they might somehow influence the odd vavering voter?

you can leave at 16, just depends when your birthday is, am sure you can leave at the May even though you will not be 16 until the August or September, so you could leave school at 15, hope this clears this up for you

you can leave at 16, just depends when your birthday is, am sure you can leave at the May even though you will not be 16 until the August or September, so you could leave school at 15, hope this clears this up for you

Her birthday is in October, meaning she couldn't leave until the Xmas holidays at the earliest.

Her birthday is in October, meaning she couldn't leave until the Xmas holidays at the earliest.

if you looked this up, you really need to get out more, good grief :blink:

Archived