Same old 'The Rangers'...........

Aye well so Im bored so thought Id chuck in my bawbees worth here.

1. Wee Angela may well have her shortcomings but you simply dont use terms like those which have been reportedly used about anyone and those who do so are folk Id never befriend. Were classier than this.

2 Wee Angela ugly? To use the P&B word, Wid. Mind you, its that long since I last met a certain Mr Nat King that, on seeing Vanessa Feltzs photo in the paper the other day, I was taken by how svelte, gamine and nymph-like she was.

3 Another day and the P&B sweetie wifes (not a typo) getting off over Rangers fans' misbehaviour. Oh that Mr Pavlov was alive to see a group of mammals more easily conditioned and with more predictable behaviour then even his own well-trained dugs.

4. There is, actually, a story here though. I clicked on the link to the Youtube video and I listened to the eminently rideable Sarah Smith say something like (not verbatim) the following:

Its not easy being a Rangers fan. Watching the club go broke, stripped of its trophies, relegated..

Now clearly the fragrant Ms Smith isn't at fault here.but who the f**k at the BBC came out with this dross?

'kin hell TK, have you not been warned about making reasonable posts on here?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The above posts make my point more succinctly than I ever could. youngsy sees what he wants (or needs) to see in the Haggerty blog/article. AB points out, quite correctly, that what he wants to see isn't there.

Our resident MPD sufferer appears, trying to muddy the waters by dragging some more of the woman's output into the conversation. Showing, by his sly innuendo and unwillingness to make a forthright statement, that he has much more in common with Ms Haggerty than he'd like to think. The technique is eerily similar, almost like two opposing halves of a whole...

youngsy rounds off with a slippery back-pedal, now accusing the woman of "inferring", and attempting to lure AB into defending her writing. Something which I am fairly sure neither he, nor any sane person, would do.

Fact remains, there is no mention of "all" rangers fans - neither in the original segment highlighted by youngsy, or Vicky's wee diversionary contribution.

Nice try, though, berrz.

Oh, and Magoo? Have you got any patter you haven't copied verbatim from Vicky? Fucking Vicky, the soul of wit and repartee? :lol:

Again you're being pedantic on this. Who do you think she was alluding to? Haggerty was targeting Rangers fans, not a specific group of Rangers fans but Rangers fans in general. The woman has got an inherent hatred of Rangers and the Rangers support. Too bad if you can not or will not see that.

Again you're being pedantic on this. Who do you think she was alluding to? Haggerty was targeting Rangers fans, not a specific group of Rangers fans but Rangers fans in general. The woman has got an inherent hatred of Rangers and the Rangers support. Too bad if you can not or will not see that.

Oh, I can see it alright. What I can't see is her comparing all rangers fans to the KKK. And that, you argumentative old grouch, is what you have accused her of.

The corduroy cowboy wasn't mentioned in the original post.He is merely an attention seeker much like wee Jum...

Fair enough.

He was mentioned in the quote above the post you made, the one I was responding to, but I see now that neither he or Thomson counted among the three you were insulting.

FWIW, I think this Haggerty character sounds like something of a bigoted clown. If decent Rangers fans were prepared however to condemn outright, abuse of the nature she received (as Kincardine in fairness, does), then the climate in which the scumbags on both sides can currently thrive might feel a little less hospitable to them.

Fair enough.

He was mentioned in the quote above the post you made, the one I was responding to, but I see now that neither he or Thomson counted among the three you were insulting.

FWIW, I think this Haggerty character sounds like something of a bigoted clown. If decent Rangers fans were prepared however to condemn outright, abuse of the nature she received (as Kincardine in fairness, does), then the climate in which the scumbags on both sides can currently thrive might feel a little less hospitable to them.

Again, why should it specifically be rangers fans condemning the abusers?

I condemned it but I was specific that I didn't do it as a Rangers fan. Rangers fans are just the same as everyone else, responsible for their own actions and not responsible for the actions of others.

There's talk in this thread about the KKK. They were created by white men, many of whom were born in Scotland and moved to the USA. Should all white Scots be appologising for the actions of thse assholes? Of course not.

Also, as well as being stupid, it's counter productive. All decent folks want bigotry removed from Scottish football and the way to do that is to target the bigots. If you keep putting effort into not recognising those people as individuals then they become harder to target.

The question is: Do you want rid of the bigots because of moral reasons or do you not care in the slightest about sectarianism and just want rid of Rangers because of your own bigotry?

I condemned it but I was specific that I didn't do it as a Rangers fan. Rangers fans are just the same as everyone else, responsible for their own actions and not responsible for the actions of others.

There's talk in this thread about the KKK. They were created by white men, many of whom were born in Scotland and moved to the USA. Should all white Scots be appologising for the actions of thse assholes? Of course not.

Also, as well as being stupid, it's counter productive. All decent folks want bigotry removed from Scottish football and the way to do that is to target the bigots. If you keep putting effort into not recognising those people as individuals then they become harder to target.

The question is: Do you want rid of the bigots because of moral reasons or do you not care in the slightest about sectarianism and just want rid of Rangers because of your own bigotry?

Sorry but that's a fucking awful analogy. You choose to go to Ibrox/associate with a clearly bigoted organisation.

By being born white, we do not choose to be associated with 'sins of the father' stuff..

I'd a wee look at Ms Haggerty's twitterings earlier, i actually ended up feeling a bit sorry for her. The amount of baggage and resentment that she's carrying around isn't healthy and i suspect that she is being manipulated by Scottish Phil and co...

Sorry but that's a fucking awful analogy. You choose to go to Ibrox/associate with a clearly bigoted organisation.

By being born white, we do not choose to be associated with 'sins of the father' stuff..

Despite claims from those with their own predjudices, supporting Rangers does not mean you choose to be associated with anything other than a football team.

Would you prefer the analogy of whether you identify as Scottish or british? Both have done some utterly awful things and both have had institutionalised bigotry.

The facts are that you apparently choose to treat all rangers fans like scum for what you call their 'bigotry' but you seem to hate those who want no links between rangers and sectarianism just as much as you hate rangers fans who are proper bigots and even support terror groups.

Despite claims from those with their own predjudices, supporting Rangers does not mean you choose to be associated with anything other than a football team.

Would you prefer the analogy of whether you identify as Scottish or british? Both have done some utterly awful things and both have had institutionalised bigotry.

The facts are that you apparently choose to treat all rangers fans like scum for what you call their 'bigotry' but you seem to hate those who want no links between rangers and sectarianism just as much as you hate rangers fans who are proper bigots and even support terror groups.

Are their bigot rangers fans and then, proper bigot rangers fans?

Like weekend bigots?

Peter LOL

What next?

''I support the UVF but not the killers. Why do you treat all us UVF supporters the same? :bairn ''

Jeeeesus H, you see a 'toxic' brand, choose to follow it then complain about how you are perceived?

Peter LOL

What next?

''I support the UVF but not the killers. Why do you treat all us UVF supporters the same? :bairn ''

Jeeeesus H, you see a 'toxic' brand, choose to follow it then complain about how you are perceived?

Not exactly the best analogy. There are 2 UVFs and one was a regiment in the British Army that served with great distinction during the first World War and won its fair share of VCs

Even with my own ears I've heard bigoted bile come out the mouths of your fellow supporters. Yet you either turn a deaf ear/ignore them.

Both ways that makes you a cowardly bigot.

Peter LOL

What next?

This is the stupidest comparison I have ever seen on here. It's a football team ya crackpot !

I'd a wee look at Ms Haggerty's twitterings earlier, i actually ended up feeling a bit sorry for her. The amount of baggage and resentment that she's carrying around isn't healthy and i suspect that she is being manipulated by Scottish Phil and co...

The only difference between her and the people abusing her is that she is clever/devious enough to hide it.

The only difference between her and the people abusing her is that she is clever/devious enough to hide it.

She's not exactly doing a good job of hiding anything IMO.

I never suggested that Rangers fans here should apologise for anything.

Condemnation and apology are different.

And don't accuse me of bigotry. It's not a charge I throw your way.

Even with my own ears I've heard bigoted bile come out the mouths of your fellow supporters. Yet you either turn a deaf ear/ignore them.

Both ways that makes you a cowardly bigot.

Bearing in mind that you are apparently crusading to have all rangers fans dehumanised and labelled as scum, what is it you've done to combat bigotry?

In fact you go against Rangers fans who hate bigotry themselves. So please stop pretending you hate bigotry, you don't mind it and are guilty of it yourself. What you hate is Rangers.

Peter LOL

What next?

Nestle are responsible for thousands of infant deaths in Africa. That's a toxic brand.

If I were to compare someone who eats lion bars to someone who actually kills kids, that's about as accurate a comparison as yours.

So I will once again point out that if you claim to be against sectarianism and bigotry but if its a case of supporting a rangers fan standing against sectarianism against a diddy fan being a bigot against Rangers, it's clear which side you'll take.

Archived