Overseas Golf Holidays

Fuctifano

Coming in from work and the golf being on TV has got me thinking. I've got about 4 or 5 days to use before the end of November, probably not going to be taking them til mid-late October.

Would quite like a bit of sun but not a "sit by the pool" type of holiday person, especially as I'd be on my own. So I thought a golf holiday somewhere that would still be warm at that time of year would be decent.

I've been on golf holidays before but only in Scotland where we've just organised everything off our own back so I'm a bit clueless.

Can anyone recommend a resort or even a website to use? I'm not fussed about taking my own clubs depending on if it keeps the cost down if could just hire a set over there and avoid my clubs getting broken / lost.

And if we're talking ideal, probably somewhere near a decent town / city so I wouldn't just be stuck at the hotel all the time.

If you're looking just to hire, I used these guys a couple of weeks ago - http://www.clubstohire.com/

Good quality clubs, easy to pick up/drop off (at Malaga at least), and a good price considering how much you would pay to take your own or hire at a resort/course.

Agree with the Marbella shout - anywhere between Malaga and Gibraltar and you have a f*ckload of good quality courses to choose from.

Hi there

Just noticed your post there about golf holidays.

Give my mate a phone or email for some advice if your looking for a golf holiday. I go away a couple of times a year and he’s sorted some excellent packages for me and some pals previously.

He runs his on worldwide golf holiday company based in Irvine, Ayrshire.

It’s called Strike Golf Travel. www.strikegolftravel.com

The guy to speak to is John Macdougall Email: info@strikegolftravel.com Tel: 01294 539 162

They provide a brilliant service for their customers and have some great value deals and packages to destinations such as Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Dubai, Cyprus, USA etc.

Hope this helps.

Archived