Australia

calum_gers

If you are going to Melbourne do the Great Ocean Road. Seeing koalas in the wild is something I'll never forget. You see them on the road to Cape Otway lighthouse. St. Kilda is good it's like Byres Road on the beach. IIRC they have a rooftop cinema there too.

I was in Australia for a year and struggled to see everywhere i wanted to so doing it in a month would be an absolute mission and very expensive. I did a month in New Zeealand though which was absolutely the best thing i have ever done in my life, its far smaller and easier to see it all in a month. I never even went to Northern territory, Southern Australia and Western Australia in my year and a bit there just because it was so big, so expensive and i had to make other plans! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

If you are going to Melbourne do the Great Ocean Road. Seeing koalas in the wild is something I'll never forget. You see them on the road to Cape Otway lighthouse. St. Kilda is good it's like Byres Road on the beach. IIRC they have a rooftop cinema there too.

Resist the temptation to climb the same trees as them.

Off to Sydney for 4 nights tomorrow. Managed to get return flights from Auckland for around £150. Not too shabby. The weather looks cracking too.

Really? Suppose it depends what you are used to. We had severe storms yesterday, and it's meant to raise today and tomorrow. Temps are quite high for spring.

Obvious places include Kings Park, Cottesloe and Rottnest Island. Northbridge is quite a good area for food and bars. Also head to Freo for the day for Maritime museum, jail, markets and marina area.

Yep I would recommend them as well. There's a lot more places I went to which were decent but I can't remember the name and area. Somewhere in Freemantle rings a bell?

Fantastic city though and I'm on the verge moving there next year.