Are you supporting anyone in particular?

Don't think there's anyone local to me appearring except a middle-distance runner with an outside chance. We had some swimmers at previous games.

I like to support the underdog so that will be the motivation in some cases. Not thick, immature or bitter enough to go in for all of this "whoever's playing an Englishman" cringe so that won't come into it. I'd also like to see Malawians do well due to Scotland's special connection there although I doubt they've many real prospects.

....Not thick, immature or bitter enough to go in for all of this "whoever's playing an Englishman" cringe so that won't come into it......

Calm doon, It wis a wee bit tongue in cheek.

It's acceptable in fitba' so I thocht I wid widen the scope a bit. :lol: :lol: :thumsup2

Was supporting two folk who I've written about in the paper for work - Gareth Montgomerie from Castle Douglas, who finished 11th in the mountain biking (was fourth or fifth early on) and Kirsty Yates from Haugh of Urr, who finished eighth in the shot put. She set a personal best and avoided being one of the four who drop out half way through so can't ask for more - she was using it as experience for 2018.

Archived