Motherwell FC 2014/15 season

He is out of contract. The fact he got a 2 year deal a couple of years back is an absolute farce.

Seems a nice enough guy, but plainly obvious to everyone, he was never a top flight striker. He'll be doing well for himself if he gets a Championship team next season. I can see him having to settle at a League 1 side.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pleased with this news.

Pearson is everything we have been missing this season. A mobile midfielder with a good engine that can attack and close down and hopefully chip in with the odd goal.

Hopefull tie up a few others and give the squad a boost in the run in and a critical period ahead.

Pearo - Another very good bit of business from Alan Burrows / MFC, am impressed in the way AB is going about his business. Skippy on a longer deal would be great also.

Really hope Lee Erwin is also one of the next to sign and committ. I would not like to lose him with only the development fee coming in.

I'm not going to start a new thread for this.

24 years ago today, Motherwell faced Celtic in the Scottish Cup Semi final replay.

We won that game 4-2 after a stunning strike from Colin 'Psycho' O'Neil to make it 3-2.

Full highlights of that game are on Youtube.

post-31712-0-40278600-1428591416.gif

Some strike from the wee man and hopefully more of the same from the current side to come.

Happy Colin O'Neil Day!

:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2

Some strike from the wee man and hopefully more of the same from the current side to come.

Happy Colin O'Neil Day!

:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2

My favourite ever goal from a Well player, there was mayhem on the terracing when that went in.

My second favourite would have to be Fitzy’s Semi Final goal at Easter Road which knocked Hearts out the cup (more mayhem).

My third and final goal has to be the Juke’s goal against Hibs (even more mayhem).

underboyleheating's post made me have a wee think about my favourite Motherwell goals that i've celebrated the wildest. From games i've been at, i'd have the following as Top 5;

5) John Sutton v St. Johnstone (2011) - Scottish Cup Semi-Final at Hampden, dipping volley from at least 30 yards. I knew in my celebrations that we were going to be in the Final. Just a shame what happened in the Final itself...

4) Jim Hamilton v Celtic (2006) - the only defeat in the Top 5, but what a strike. In my old East Stand seat, I sat next to a guy who rarely said much, but was a nice enough guy. Hated Celtic though for some reason. When that strike went in, i've never seen him go so tonto. I wasn't far behind myself. Superb strike. I'm sure it was later voted Goal of the Decade or something along those lines.

3) Phil O'Donnell v Hearts (2004) - 2-0 victory at the start of the season. Kevin McBride had opened the scoring with a penalty. I was in the Davie Cooper stand that day for a change, so was behind the goal when the volley went in. Another amazing strike. I remember standing in the Cooper Stand aisle with my hands aloft for a good 60 seconds after the ball hit the net. What a player. What a man. What a goal.

2) Marc Fitzpatrick v Hearts (2005) - 2-0 up coasting with less than 10 minutes to in a League Cup Semi-Final, before it all goes horribly wrong. Into Extra-time and we're all set for penalties, when McDonald plays in Fitzy. What seemed like the longest 30 yard run in history ended with a well taken finish across goal to send us crazy behind the goals. The less said about the Final the better...

1) Chris Porter v Hearts (2008) - our first game back following the death of Phil O'Donnell and we're trailing 2-0 at Tynecastle in the Scottish Cup. Porter gets one back before he scores again to equalise. I was about 5 or 6 rows from the front in the Roseburn end and with the steepness of the stand, I knew it was in as soon as I left his foot. Only the net stopped the ball coming into my arms. A full stand of nearly 4000 'Well fans just burst with the type of emotion I doubt i'll ever experience again at a football ground. A brilliant moment, and one i'll cherish for a long, long time.

I've just noticed my 3 favourite goals are all against Hearts. I don't actually have anything against them, strange how it worked out like that. The Jutkiewicz goal in the 6-6 I was in the pub for. I was one of the idiots that left at 6-2. For O'Neill's goal in '91, I was only a kid so wasn't at the game.

Anyone else care to share their Top 5?

Games I was at & in order:

1) Psycho vs Celtic as above - probably won't be beaten

2) Ferguson's opener in the 91 final - still the best header I've ever seen - I was too knackered when Kirk Scored the winner

3) Fitzpartrick vs Hibs in the LC Semi final - epic celebrations after that - there was a piece on teletext (teletext!) mentioning there were 30 lost sets of keys and "a large amount of money" found in the away end at Easter road :)

4) Reid vs Aberdeen to clinch 2nd: nuff said.

5) Hateley vs Odense - great freekick and the entire motherwell end was steamin' :)

ETA - Damn - I forgot Arnott's winner at Ibrox when we came from a goal down in a midweek game in the 90's :)

Oh - and Bobby Russell's last minute Shimmy King goal at Parkhead.

I'll stop now.

Top 5 is a difficult one, I'm going to leave an obvious few off but here goes:

1) Jutkiewicz vs Hibs. I was leaving at 6-2 halfway down the east and turned back. Glad I did. What a game.

2. Jim Hamilton vs Aberdeen. Not as notable as the one against Celtic but, and again, memories may be hazy, but a dipping volley from just about the centre circle up at Pittodrie. Bedlam.

3. I can't have two from Tom Hateley on the list and although the Odense moment was cracking, I'll go for his almost carbon copy vs St Mirren which sent a packed away end mental.

4. Faddy has to go on the list somewhere, could go for his semi final goal vs Rangers but I'll go for the one vs Livingston where he ripped the pish out of half their team and slotted it past Main.

5. Fitzy vs Hearts. Scenes.

God this is hard to pick from.

5. Big Lukas belter in the 6-6 game utter stunner.

4. Psycho 40yard Thunderbolt.

3. Fitzy's against hearts in the sem-eye final.

2. Kirks winner in the final in 91. I was only 14 but was at the game with almost my full family, grandad, uncles, dad, aunts and cousins. Watching my dad who would have been my age now nearly in tears and going tonto will live with me forever and is what makes me love my club so much. The joy it brought my full family was immeasurable.

1. Different choice from most but wee Dougies goal against Celtic at Parkhead to win 1-0 just after Fergus took over. Celtic fans hailing the messiah McCann and 9mins in up pops Wee Dougs to shut the fuckers up midway thru YNWA by meggin Muggleton. Again my dad and papa went hyper tonto. Loved getting it up their 'revival' party.

1. Different choice from most but wee Dougies goal against Celtic at Parkhead to win 1-0 just after Fergus took over. Celtic fans hailing the messiah McCann and 9mins in up pops Wee Dougs to shut the fuckers up midway thru YNWA by meggin Muggleton. Again my dad and papa went hyper tonto. Loved getting it up their 'revival' party.

The chant of "sack the board" from the 'Well fans was classic - as was Sieb Dykstra trying to thump Pat McGinley :)

Archived