Clyde vs Cowdenbeath

On Nichol, I don't think I have ever heard a manager shout at his players by number before. "No 10, come for it". Does he not know his own players names?

They had names on the back of their shirts as well.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Nichol, I don't think I have ever heard a manager shout at his players by number before. "No 10, come for it". Does he not know his own players names?

Though have you ever heard him speak , What he was shouting which sounded like No10 was probably his dialect and he was actually calling the player by his name :lol:;)

I found the smiddy. It was fkn miles away

If you go behind the houses it takes 10-15 mins max to walk

Hope you never went the long road/Driving route

Regardless of either journey you and your thirst will be glad you never went to the Farm and there 2 bar staff when home games on

even though weve only played there for 20years

Sigh

Just listened to BFs Audio

He wants another player or two it seems in what positions ?!

He has got a replacement if he would just put on the boots. At times today is was crying out for a quality player like him to put his foot on the ball and calm things down, still pretty pleased with the way we played and created a few chances and encouraging signs for the season ahead.

Cowdenbeath look a pretty decent passing side and created a few chances themselves, a pretty entertaining game overall but cruel the way it finished but hay ho i would take that for an injury time winner in a league game.

Good to get through - a bit of a mixed bag with some pluses and minuses. We wont have a 40 goal strikeforce this season so the midfield will be required to contribute more goals this season - Lewis Milne really looks like he can deliver and shows signs of being a player with a real future in the game.

I'll say this once and once only. Will i f**k utter the words 'not disgraced by two leagues above/decent Ch-ship outfit' while teres an ounce if strength in my being, but that said....on matters Clyde, i'm very impressed. High intensity pressing, a lot more confidence both on the ball and in the challenge, and the removal of fear from making a mistake. If thats a 'Championship' side though, i'm glad we ain't paying 16 (sixteen, ladies and gentlemen) and upwards fucking brass counters to suffer it. Privateering if ever i've witnessed it. At least we had Paul Hartley, Tommy Lovenkrands and Alan Main to watch when St Johnstone were robbing the innocent back in 2003. Excellently taken winner it has to be said. Reminded me of Junior Mendes and Martin Cameron doing roughly the same thing to us for St Mirren in one if the best ever matches at Broadwood. And in the same way our opener had Andy McClay v Thistle '99 written all over it. The question now, is can we continue such an approach every week (losing the goal was NOT because anyone was tired, we got caught out plain and simple) with everyone prepared to give it time?? I've not felt this positive about new approaches since the Junior revolution....and we lost to Berwick on pens in their first match. And also lost eight of our last twelve games in the first season. Look how that panned out. McManus looks to me pike everything Marc McCusker could have been, the midfield are getting the best tutor imaginable in regards to wanting and distributing the ball, and overall the only obstacle in our path to me looks like naivety. Like every great Clyde story, it'll end in tears somewhere, but not before a few doings are dished out and our pride of place restored. IBWT.

I'll say this once and once only. Will i f**k utter the words 'not disgraced by two leagues above/decent Ch-ship outfit' while teres an ounce if strength in my being, but that said....on matters Clyde, i'm very impressed. High intensity pressing, a lot more confidence both on the ball and in the challenge, and the removal of fear from making a mistake. If thats a 'Championship' side though, i'm glad we ain't paying 16 (sixteen, ladies and gentlemen) and upwards fucking brass counters to suffer it. Privateering if ever i've witnessed it. At least we had Paul Hartley, Tommy Lovenkrands and Alan Main to watch when St Johnstone were robbing the innocent back in 2003. Excellently taken winner it has to be said. Reminded me of Junior Mendes and Martin Cameron doing roughly the same thing to us for St Mirren in one if the best ever matches at Broadwood. And in the same way our opener had Andy McClay v Thistle '99 written all over it. The question now, is can we continue such an approach every week (losing the goal was NOT because anyone was tired, we got caught out plain and simple) with everyone prepared to give it time?? I've not felt this positive about new approaches since the Junior revolution....and we lost to Berwick on pens in their first match. And also lost eight of our last twelve games in the first season. Look how that panned out. McManus looks to me pike everything Marc McCusker could have been, the midfield are getting the best tutor imaginable in regards to wanting and distributing the ball, and overall the only obstacle in our path to me looks like naivety. Like every great Clyde story, it'll end in tears somewhere, but not before a few doings are dished out and our pride of place restored. IBWT.

Well put and your last few lines just somes up being a clyde fan if theres any left..

Anyway See you sat and Mind stick to the Boiled Rice tonight , Your eyes when I told you the Fried Version was 650kl was priceless and I wasn't winding you up ...

Forever n eva

First 30 minutes they looked fired up after their embarrassment last week and we didn't get near Robertson/O'Brien in midfield. I thought that such an energetic start took its toll though and for the remaining hour of the game we looked a bit sharper than they did. That header from Higgins to set up the winner was brilliant though.

We're as well moving McColm on if he's going to be played on the right. His game is all about getting in behind teams and he won't be doing that out there. Watt did absolutely nothing when moved onto the left either.

Overall, a good test which we came through in the main and it sets us nicely up for the start of the league season. It'll be interesting to see who starts in place of Sweeney next week; may see Capuano in with Gray moving forward.

The severe baw-toeing dished out to the mdfield clearly worked, but im very hopeful Barry will make his ambition of playing for Clyde one day a reality next week. It will be very difficult to maintain such ferocity for 90 minutes+ consistently, and perhaps having the deep-sitter role permanently occupied is the only way it will work.

Thought it an entertaining game today. We started well and were guilty of trying to pass the ball in the net at times.After a dreadful mistake from the back Clyde hit the bar and they got a hold of the game towards the end of the half.right on half time they scored from a long range effort that flew in the far corner.

Deserved our equalizer when Milne hit an equally first e effort in off the underside bar.Bit of a sucker punch for the home side when we got our winner just after we had a close thing in our own area before we broke. It was clever play from Higgins to lay the ball off for Miller to score.

What Brownlie must be thinking sitting on the bench just now.No way would he have been signing expecting that.

No way we will survive with the formation Jimmy is using just now...so obvious to everyone we need our back three playing together.

Watt and McManus our best players today ,David w really has a hang up about watt ,seems to look for any reason very sad ,if your good enough son your chance will come or your sons ,buddy whoever you are

I like Watt but not sure of him playin as a 3 to be honest

Would prefer Daly,Fergie and McManus as Daly brings a good aerial threat should we need to shake it up

Watt and McManus our best players today ,David w really has a hang up about watt ,seems to look for any reason very sad ,if your good enough son your chance will come or your sons ,buddy whoever you are

Try reading what I wrote again and then blubber out another response.

Watt was much more dangerous last week than he was today. McManus had a far better game than him, as did several other players in our team. And I'd say you're far more hung up on Watt than David W is.

Archived