Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock - 09/08/2014

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How will Killie be lining up? Magennis up top with Miller?

I doubt it. I imagine it'll be one of Miller/McKenzie or Magennis/McKenzie. Rory has started every (?) pre-season game up-front with one of either Miller or Magennis, so can't see us changing it at such a late stage.

We had Daryl Westlake (RB) and Chris Chantler (LB) on trial yesterday and I'd imagine at least one from Westlake, Chantler and McAllister will sign early this coming week. Miller didn't feature yesterday at all, so he may have a knock which would suggest Magennis (who has been in the goals pre-season) might get the nod.

Samson

Barbour Pascali Connolly New-LB

Hamill Slater

Obadeyi Johnston

Magennis McKenzie

That's subject to change should Westlake sign and AJ decides to drop Barbour who was poor against Annan and Rotherham, but other than that I can't imagine we'll differ too much from that line-up. Maybe the only question mark would be who will play at left-back should we not sign anyone (O'Hara probably) or whether Obadeyi or Cairney gets the nod out right.

Quitongo's Left Peg, on 03 Aug 2014 - 19:54, said:

Problems with the medical of a guy who played 40 times last season?

He'll end up signing for St Johnstone and playing all season :rolleyes:

We're in need of a LB...

Problems with the medical of a guy who played 40 times last season?

He'll end up signing for St Johnstone and playing all season :rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry about that, it's impossible for anyone to sign for St Johnstone.

Aye he was rank. But don't worry, he's still got... :rolleyes:

I hope nobody seeing your avatar suffers from epilepsy.

Cutting to the chase what are your expectations for Killie this season QLP?

I've been delighted with our summer but this game on Saturday is fairly important to us - a home game against a team we hope to be competing with. A lot of the goodwill could evaporate pretty quickly if don't perform.

I hope nobody seeing your avatar suffers from epilepsy.

Cutting to the chase what are your expectations for Killie this season QLP?

I've been delighted with our summer but this game on Saturday is fairly important to us - a home game against a team we hope to be competing with. A lot of the goodwill could evaporate pretty quickly if don't perform.

I think we'll surprise a few people this season.

Last year was a bit of an anomoly. A manager coming in with zero charisma (well, in comparison to Shiels) with an assistant manager that is roundly disliked by the support. The football on show was very poor for the majority of the season, and a group of fans were boycotting the club which led to home games being hard work and away games becoming fractious. I genuinely believe that had we finished where we did but by playing a more attractive style of football then AJ wouldn't be getting half the stick that he did.

There were positives though, and those will benefit us this year - plenty of youth players got promoted to the first team and played a fair bit e.g. and as such Rory McKenzie, Chris Johnston, Craig Slater, Robbie Muirhead, Lee Ashcroft, Greg Kiltie and Mark O'Hara will all benefit from the experience of last term. The toxicity of Sandy Clark has been removed, and Gary Locke (very popular amongst the players) will be a much more positive influence on the team and the manager. I've seen us play twice this pre-season and in both games we've played the ball on the deck. The reports from every other game say the same thing too, which is very positive. Our signings, whilst not exactly fancy-dan, will benefit the very talented crop of kids at the club. All have experience at a decent level, and most have SPL/Premiership experience to boot.

To be completely honest about the rumoured Eremenko signing, I'm still in the same boat I was in when he re-appeared last season. He's still the most naturally gifted footballer I've seen in stripes, and it's natural to yearn to see that again. But he was poor last year (one or two games aside) and has missed all of pre-season by remaining in Helsinki. If he can sign either within our budget or by being funded by Bowie then I'd be willing to give him one last chance. A full season to get fit and shine with the ball on the deck. We've been playing with a 4-4-2 in pre-season, with two deeper midfielders (usually Slater and Hamill) so to include Eremenko would mean a change of system. I guess we could play Eremenko as the deeper striker, with a pacy forward like McKenzie or Magennis playing off him. That would rely on him being a lot fitter however.

Rory McKenzie and Chris Johnston will be our star players IMO, with the latter ending up playing in the middle should we not sign Losa. Magennis will surprise plenty this year, and I fancy him to reach double figures - especially with the service Eremenko can give him if he gets back to his best. I think we'll draw or lose on the opening day, and struggle for the few games after that but then go on a winning streak that takes us up the table. If I'm calling it now, then I think we'll finish top of the bottom six.

Quitongo's Left Peg, on 04 Aug 2014 - 17:11, said:

I think we'll surprise a few people this season.

Last year was a bit of an anomoly. A manager coming in with zero charisma (well, in comparison to Shiels) with an assistant manager that is roundly disliked by the support. The football on show was very poor for the majority of the season, and a group of fans were boycotting the club which led to home games being hard work and away games becoming fractious. I genuinely believe that had we finished where we did but by playing a more attractive style of football then AJ wouldn't be getting half the stick that he did.

There were positives though, and those will benefit us this year - plenty of youth players got promoted to the first team and played a fair bit e.g. and as such Rory McKenzie, Chris Johnston, Craig Slater, Robbie Muirhead, Lee Ashcroft, Greg Kiltie and Mark O'Hara will all benefit from the experience of last term. The toxicity of Sandy Clark has been removed, and Gary Locke (very popular amongst the players) will be a much more positive influence on the team and the manager. I've seen us play twice this pre-season and in both games we've played the ball on the deck. The reports from every other game say the same thing too, which is very positive. Our signings, whilst not exactly fancy-dan, will benefit the very talented crop of kids at the club. All have experience at a decent level, and most have SPL/Premiership experience to boot.

To be completely honest about the rumoured Eremenko signing, I'm still in the same boat I was in when he re-appeared last season. He's still the most naturally gifted footballer I've seen in stripes, and it's natural to yearn to see that again. But he was poor last year (one or two games aside) and has missed all of pre-season by remaining in Helsinki. If he can sign either within our budget or by being funded by Bowie then I'd be willing to give him one last chance. A full season to get fit and shine with the ball on the deck. We've been playing with a 4-4-2 in pre-season, with two deeper midfielders (usually Slater and Hamill) so to include Eremenko would mean a change of system. I guess we could play Eremenko as the deeper striker, with a pacy forward like McKenzie or Magennis playing off him. That would rely on him being a lot fitter however.

Rory McKenzie and Chris Johnston will be our star players IMO, with the latter ending up playing in the middle should we not sign Losa. Magennis will surprise plenty this year, and I fancy him to reach double figures - especially with the service Eremenko can give him if he gets back to his best. I think we'll draw or lose on the opening day, and struggle for the few games after that but then go on a winning streak that takes us up the table. If I'm calling it now, then I think we'll finish top of the bottom six.

That's optimism at its finest considering you only finished 9th last season and losing a player the calibre of Kris Boyd who netted a whole third of your goals scored total and replaced him with Josh Magennis. Whether you think Magennis will surprise or not, he's been a proven failure in this league for quite a while. I can see it potentially being a very difficult season for Killie. And that's if Eremenko does sign on.

Archived