Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock - 09/08/2014

Kyle Letheren -

I refuse to believe that he's suddenly developed into a Premiership class of 'keeper after one season.

Without looking for a fight, wait and see, as plenty of Dees have said, he's not the finished article and there are weaknesses in his game but his shot stopping is pretty good. I'm not sure why people are getting bent out of shape about a player at another club, if he's shit then point and laugh but I don't think there's many if any Dundee fans shouting Kyle Letherens name from the rooftops. He had a good season for us last year and our other keeper is recovering from appendicitus so I don't know what else we're supposed to do.

The word on the street is that he's the worst goalkeeper in Scottish football but I suppose we'll see how we go.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, I posted this picture on here when Dundee traveled down for the opening game of 12/13 season. A great support but nowhere near the amounts claimed on here by some.

IMAG0445.jpg?t=1345891308

Definitely the 15000 claimed earlier in the thread :rolleyes:

ForzaDundee, on 30 Jul 2014 - 23:16, said:

How is it possible for the Bobby Cox to be limited available and the Derry not? Derry always sells out before anywhere else.

BC is considered the 'family section' now, even though it's not really, but yeah, they sell 'family tickets' for that stand therefore they don't want to be missing out on that deal. I'd imagine there'll be spaces in the BC and the Derry will sell out. Can't see the Shankly being more than over a third full. It'll be a good crowd of slightly over 7k, but I don't think it'll be quite what is anticipated.

BC is considered the 'family section' now, even though it's not really, but yeah, they sell 'family tickets' for that stand therefore they don't want to be missing out on that deal. I'd imagine there'll be spaces in the BC and the Derry will sell out. Can't see the Shankly being more than over a third full. It'll be a good crowd of slightly over 7k, but I don't think it'll be quite what is anticipated.

I think you're right there Ludo, I reckon we'll have maybe 500 to 750 extra for the first league game and then it will fall away again unless we're banging goals in for fun and then folk might stay. I have a horrible feeling that we're approaching our glass ceiling for now.

Letheren got us promoted, simple as that.

Spot on, as always ndd.

Alot of dundee fans were also saying they didnt like him in goal until he did start performing a bit better. Many people on here also said this, i was as always in the minority as i quite liked him. I think he did well and he pulled some fantastic saves in the championship, only time will tell to see how will he does in the big boy league.

Dundee have been bra in pre season so hopefully they can carry this on. A 1-0 win to the dees :)

Great to see you back G_Man. :)

Alot of dundee fans were also saying they didnt like him in goal until he did start performing a bit better. Many people on here also said this, i was as always in the minority as i quite liked him. I think he did well and he pulled some fantastic saves in the championship, only time will tell to see how will he does in the big boy league.

Dundee have been bra in pre season so hopefully they can carry this on. A 1-0 win to the dees :)

He definitely came on, and he pulled off some great saves, he did scare me at times with crosses, for a big lad he should have commanded his area a bit better I thought. I'm more than willing to give him a crack, after last season he's earned a chance at least. You're right about pre season, it might blow up in our faces of course but we've been in good form so far and I'm hopeful for a decent season.

I don't think I've seen Letheren have any 'shite' games so far for us.

However Yogi Hughes shite performances as a manager - I've lost count. There's not a chance ICT will be top 6 this season unless they horse the donkey. Fact.

Yogi Hughes - thick useless c**t.

Paul Hartley - 3 consecutive promotions.

I believe we will beat Killie with a degree of comfort and I also reckon Killie will end up in the playoff spot.

Hope so anyway.

Confidemus, on 31 Jul 2014 - 08:24, said:

So. Are we all agreed that Kyle Letheren is a shite keeper then?

I'll happily come to terms with that as long as we can all be in equal agreement that Craig Samson is also shite?

I'll happily come to terms with that as long as we can all be in equal agreement that Craig Samson is also shite?

I don't think you'll ever find anyone who'll object to that claim, other than your favourite St Mirren fans.

I still can't believe Samsons career went up the way after leaving us. He was a horrific keeper at Dundee, even big Kelv was better than him.

Bar one absolute nightmare against QOS at Dens I don't think Samson was that bad for us. You're taking the piss if you think Jack was better than him. Most horrific goalkeeper I have ever seen for us. I died a little inside when walking into Dens for a Derby and seeing him in our starting line up. Thankfully he only lasted half an hour.

Bar one absolute nightmare against QOS at Dens I don't think Samson was that bad for us. You're taking the piss if you think Jack was better than him. Most horrific goalkeeper I have ever seen for us. I died a little inside when walking into Dens for a Derby and seeing him in our starting line up. Thankfully he only lasted half an hour.

Kelvin Jack was infinitely worse. Diving out of the way of a 35 yard shot straight at him....wow. Samson was competent enough with most of his game but would make the odd blunder. I don't even think Soutar was that bad tbh.

Archived