Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock - 09/08/2014

BarraJag, on 30 Jul 2014 - 21:39, said:

Agree with all of that but last time I saw Letheren he couldn't catch

When was that though? For Kilmarnock where he never really got an extended run in the team due to them having Cammy Bell when realistically he was still a complete novice having barely played any first team games in his career before that? Shaky performances are to be expected in such a scenario.

In Letheren's time at Dens he's made a few howlers but as he got more confident in the team and the season went on he became much better and was eventually a vital part of us going up with a few MotM performances thrown in.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll give us Bain. You must be a football oracle as well then cos I'd suggest you've probably never seen him play and certainly not enough to make that judgement.

Letheren has earned his shot as our number 1 after last season. Combined with Bains current injury he is a shoe in to start the season as number 1. We know his limitations but he is a vast improvement on our keeper last time we were up (a sadly past it Rab Douglas) and that's good enough for me.

I live not far from Alloa and have mates who support them and have seen Bain about 10 times, so I'd say I'm perfectly able to judge

When was that though? For Kilmarnock where he never really got an extended run in the team due to them having Cammy Bell when realistically he was still a complete novice having barely played any first team games in his career before that? Shaky performances are to be expected in such a scenario.

In Letheren's time at Dens he's made a few howlers but as he got more confident in the team and the season went on he became much better and was eventually a vital part of us going up with a few MotM performances thrown in.

Sorry Ludo, the thick c**t Dee Man just told me Letheren has never had a a horror show, I think I know who to believe

None of what I said was untrue

All those were facts, whether you liked it or not, Letheren, just ask killie fans, same with mcgowan and st mirren, roberts and caley, mcpake and hibs, ask all the fans

I'll go with fud

Always find it hilarious when someone gives their opinion and states it as a fact...obviously doesn't know the difference. For what it's worth, Letheren and our defence last year had the best defensive record in the league. Obviously doing something right, although like Ludo, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bain take over at some point. It's clear Hartley really rates him.

Sorry Ludo, the thick c**t Dee Man just told me Letheren has never had a a horror show, I think I know who to believe

Making a couple of mistakes over the course of a season does not equate to a horror show.

Please refrain from the insults. Thank you.

I live not far from Alloa and have mates who support them and have seen Bain about 10 times, so I'd say I'm perfectly able to judge

You've seen him about 10 times? That's probably about 10 times the number of times you've seen Letheren (unless of course you have Dundee/killie supporting mates, and live quite close to Kilmarnock, Alloa and Dundee) and you had no problem judging him so I guess your right.

FWIW Bain conceded 1 shy of double the amount of goals Letheren did last year. Very different teams in front of them granted but since you've took this to the level of talking utter pish that's my contribution and is, unlike your opinion, a documented fact at least.

Are Dee fans expecting Letheren to start over Bain? Not slagging you, just need to know as I picked Bain in my fantasy team :(

Letheren will start the season as No.1, Bain has missed all the pre-season matches after having an operation for appendicitis.

Are Dee fans expecting Letheren to start over Bain? Not slagging you, just need to know as I picked Bain in my fantasy team :(

Yes - Bain has missed all of pre- season also after an operation (appendicitis I think) - the opinion is he will usurp Kyle at some point but Kyle will 100% start the season.

Killiesquirrel, on 30 Jul 2014 - 21:54, said:

Letheren will definitely start as number one. He's earned that right. Bain's been injured for the majority of pre-season and won't make our LC game on Saturday and he'll only start training properly again on Monday. I expect by about Christmas Bain will get his chance though. If everything is going smoothly and there's no reason to drop Letheren, Bain will probably be our cup goalkeeper, but if I was a betting man, Bain will be our unanimous number one by the end of the season.

You've seen him about 10 times? That's probably about 10 times the number of times you've seen Letheren (unless of course you have Dundee/killie supporting mates, and live quite close to Kilmarnock, Alloa and Dundee) and you had no problem judging him so I guess your right.

FWIW Bain conceded 1 shy of double the amount of goals Letheren did last year. Very different teams in front of them granted but since you've took this to the level of talking utter pish that's my contribution and is, unlike your opinion, a documented fact.

For the record, I do have 2 Killie supporting mates, but not any Dundee fans, I'm not that low. I also live nowhere near either, but I've seen Letheren twice actually, and he was probably the worst keeper I've seen in Scottish football

BarraJag, on 30 Jul 2014 - 21:59, said:

For the record, I do have 2 Killie supporting mates, but not any Dundee fans, I'm not that low. I also live nowhere near either, but I've seen Letheren twice actually, and he was probably the worst keeper I've seen in Scottish football

Out of interest, what two games were these?

Twice? Ill use my full season watching him before your opinion then.

FYI if hart gets injured for man city this year lump your money on someone else for the title. I've seen the boy willy cabalerro at dens and he is fucking brutal. Shite keeper IMO.

I was sort of staying out of the Dundee/Tankulic slagging but after seeing McPake, Roberts, Letheren and McGowan being tipped for starts just makes Dundee being touted by their own fans for top 6 laughable!

McPake - Absolute diddy, not even hibees liked him = shite

Roberts - watched Inverness since 1996, not seen a worse player than Roberts ever

Letheren - again, since 1996, not seen a worse performance by any goalkeeper against us

McGowan - even Lex (Who gives nearly everyone a chance, marwood etc) was against this guy last season as were most of the Maureens.

Goodbye the Dees and NDD, GTF Day couldnt come quicker

Should have got this c**t for manager instead of Hartley.

In the 2012-13 season we drew 1-1 and beat them 2-1, one was around november and the other was definitely in february

A quick google brings up the P&B thread from the 1-1 game - no mention of Letheren being pish.

Is this another fact then ? Have you ever watched a Junior game or a league 2/third division game ? If the answer is yes and you're sticking with your view then I'm sticking with fud. You've been caught out as having a gift for, erm, exaggeration, shall we say, start a thread about the ICT V Dundee game for your slavvers.

Archived