Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock - 09/08/2014

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if the Killie seethe has mellowed since Harkins double fucked up their top 6 chance

That was a cracking day out. They were selling empire biscuits with Dundee badges on them at the shop in the stand. Me and my mate being savvy explained because of our impending relegation they really had no use for the remaining biscuits so struck a deal with the catering staff to buy the lot for about £15. Next thing we know they are handing us a bag with well over 100 empire biscuits in it. Our support was that small that day, we managed to give nearly every Dundee fan in the stand a free empire biscuit. And of course we won!

Apologies if you were one of the few we missed! :rolleyes:

That was a cracking day out. They were selling empire biscuits with Dundee badges on them at the shop in the stand. Me and my mate being savvy explained because of our impending relegation they really had no use for the remaining biscuits so struck a deal with the catering staff to buy the lot for £15. Next thing we know they are handing us a bag with well over 100 empire biscuits in it. Our support was that small that day, we managed to give nearly every Dundee fan in the stand a free empire biscuit. And of course we won!

Thanks for my bicky dude, appreciated it.

Scheme jokes when everyone on that show supported either cheek of the Old Firm. Jokes about Kilmarnock being a shitehole, when those making the jokes are from Dundee (both places have their absolute dumps, I wish Bob McCracken had got his way and moved you lot to St Andews). Digs about Dundee being a better club, yet we have a very similar record (Killie - 3 Scottish Cups, 1 League Cup, 1 Scottish Title; Dundee - 1 Scottish Cup, 3 League Cups, 1 Scottish Title). Face it, other than us being in the top flight for much longer in recent times, we're both at a similar level.

As for the game itself, Morecambe on Saturday and Udinese on Monday (if it goes ahead) will give us a better indication of how we'll line up. I imagine it'll be the 4-4-2 that we started against Rotherham, Annan & Shrewsbury with:

Samson

Barbour Pascali Connolly New LB/O'Hara

Hamill Slater

Johnston Obadeyi

McKenzie Miller

By all accounts the new left back will be Jamie McAllister, but if that deal doesn't go through then I'd imagine it'll be O'Hara filling that role, which isn't ideal. Hopefully we've re-signed Maksimenko by that time though and that's another option. Looking forward to seeing Connolly in a competitive game, as he was very solid against Rotherham, Annan and (by all accounts) Shrewsbury. I personally think that he will form a good partnership with Ashcroft, but Pascali seems to have wormed his way back into being a first choice for the time being.

It's difficult to tell how any team will gel before a ball has been kicked in anger, so I can't understand the over inflated enthusiasm from certain Dundee fans with such an overhauled squad. Harkins will no doubt score, but other than that it's almost impossible to guess how the game will go. Maybe the new Dundee squad will click and play us off the park; maybe Gary Locke will provide a positive influence and Johnston/Connolly will continue their pre-season form and shine; maybe both sides will be too timid and it'll end 0-0 like the Barry Smith game at Rugby Park. Who really knows?

Archived