Cowdenbeath v Falkirk August 9

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible result.

Maybury, Ollie, Cooper, Vaulks and McCracken all had poor games today. With that many players not performing we were never going to get a positive result.

Ollie or Taiwo need to cover the fullbacks especially Maybury who simply can't get back after he's attacked.

Very encouraged by that performance today. Felt we competed well all over the pitch and showed a lot of fight and determination. Game could have gone either way but I'm fairly happy with a point . Just wish that we would show more conviction in our tackling at times but we played some nice passing football and our link up play looked good up front.

I felt far from confident before the game as Falkirk are a very good side with a very capable and experienced manager. Lots of reasons to feel more optimistic about our prospects this season after causing them significant problems. Decent travelling support through from Falkirk as well so they must fancy their prospects this season.

That was dreadful.

Can't even say we were the 'better' side as it would be the wrong use of the word! We had more of the ball over the piece but, as per at Cowdenbeath, didn't seem to do very much with it.

We were ok for a 10 minute or so period at the start of the 2nd half during which time Loy scored a peach but other than that we didn't show much at all.

Always seems to be the same through there, usually get dragged into a battle without the guts to win it!

Really pleased for the boys today,great point but really should have been three.Falkirk are a really good side so when you get them on a bad day you need to capitalise.That said we must take credit for that.Scored two and created three really good chances on top of that so lots to be happy about.Still think its the wrong formation for us as it means playing too many players out of position but Jimmy clearly doesn,t like 352.Ive always believed we were good enough if we believed in ourselves so hopefully we will build on this result today.

Feels like two points lost after being ahead twice even though we didn't play particularly well.

Jimmy has us set up hard to beat by the look of it and the draw was a very reasonable result for us.

Ref done us no favours not allowing Dean back on after injury as the second leveller came from his side.Lot scored a cracker and Higgins finished well for his goal.We should have won the game in the end as we missed two open goals from headers.

Still not convinced with the team selection/formation...Would really like to see Brownlie in the side, even if he went right back and pushed Deano right mid.

Chopper and Robbo had good games for us, and Higgins does some good things but would enjoy a player alongside him.

Not disappointed with a point but thought we did just about enough to win that today. Disappointed with the second equaliser coming down our right when Deano wasn't allowed back on the pitch but couldn't begrudge the equaliser at the time.

We had chances, especially Miller and Sutherland, but didn't put the game to bed so Falkirk just about earned their point. We have to look to win our next two home games against weaker opposition though.

We've shown we can compete today but i still think we can put out a stronger side.

Would have taken a point before the game. We looked a decent side, playing some good football. We took our goals well, and could have won the game. What was particularly pleasing was that we didn't buckle at all after both their equalisers were scored, but kept going for the winner.

I thought the formation of 4-5-1 worked well. We defended well in the main, and created good chances. Our two goals were excellent.

Good to see that Thomas Flynn is our #1 goalkeeper. First time I've seen Sean Higgins play - he's a good, strong footballer who creates chances.

With Hemmings and Stewart away we have to get more goals from midfield. Today was a promising start, with the team getting great backing from the Cowden fans.

I feel the Falkirk fans on here are too negative about their side. Delusions of grandeur?

How did Craig Johnston do on his first start?

He's not a midfielder. Can see that whenever he attempts a tackle. Tries his heart out with bags of energy and carries an attacking threat though. Would be good to see him playing off Higgins instead of right midfield.

He's not a midfielder. Can see that whenever he attempts a tackle. Tries his heart out with bags of energy and carries an attacking threat though. Would be good to see him playing off Higgins instead of right midfield.

This.Put a shift in while out of position though.Next one off the conveyor belt hopefully.

This.Put a shift in while out of position though.Next one off the conveyor belt hopefully.

have played with Craig a few times and he has always been best in a CAM role great vision and has the pace to go past the defence and not bad strike either, he needs to be playing CAM

Would have taken a point before the game. We looked a decent side, playing some good football. We took our goals well, and could have won the game. What was particularly pleasing was that we didn't buckle at all after both their equalisers were scored, but kept going for the winner.

I thought the formation of 4-5-1 worked well. We defended well in the main, and created good chances. Our two goals were excellent.

Good to see that Thomas Flynn is our #1 goalkeeper. First time I've seen Sean Higgins play - he's a good, strong footballer who creates chances.

With Hemmings and Stewart away we have to get more goals from midfield. Today was a promising start, with the team getting great backing from the Cowden fans.

I feel the Falkirk fans on here are too negative about their side. Delusions of grandeur?

We didn't play 4-5-1. Four at the back, four in midfield, Milne then Higgins.

Archived