Hibs v Livingston

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are you so sure that "Hearts/Rangers" will finish on exactly the same number of points?

Never said they would, everyone knows those'll be the top 2, but I reckon Hibs will be closer to Livi than whichever side finishes 2nd.

Do you want in on the bet (£50 min)?

Yes, I'll give you £50 if you're closer to Hearts/Rangers. I can afford much much more than that, tbh, so it isn't a big deal.

I'm more than happy to take this bet, the absolute definition of free money. You going round offering it to everyone raises a suspicion though.

Something tells me Warren isn't straight up legit.

If Mullen's chance fell to a more experienced striker, he'd have taken it 1 on 1 with the keeper and the game would have finished 2-2.

If Heffernan hadn't forgotten how to run when one on one with the keeper it would've been 3-1. If El Alagui hadn't put as much power on his lob it would've been 3-0. If Sam Stanton hadn't scuffed his kick when the goal was at his mercy it would've been 3-0. I can play that game too :)

Bookmark this thread plz, so we can save a few deer.

P.s. Mon£y is my middle name. I have lots.

Even if you don't rate Hibs and think we'll have a bad season, what makes you so sure either Rangers or Hearts won't as well, resulting in one of them dropping loads of points and finishing near Hibs?

Such a stupid bet. For all you know we could only finish about 8 points ahead of you and you could still lose this bet.

I don't want to slag another poster especially an elder but I'm not sure if you understand the concept of an early season football match.

We started off in a way that we took a 2 goal lead and where very rarely threatened or in any danger of losing our lead. That's called controlling the match and the result. We started, did our job for the day and finished with the 3 points. There's very little need for anything else on the first game of the season. Would you expect Livi to go gung ho in any game never mind the first game of the season at 2 nil up at half time? That is why Livingston where the better side in the second - because there was absolutely no need for us to be the better side as the game was in the bag and we have saved considerable energy for the derby next week.

Don't worry about slagging me off; in my younger days I used to work as a bouncer (are we allowed to call them bouncers now) at a nightclub in Pontypridd - there's very little you could think to call me that I haven't been called before.

I still won't agree about the "class above" comment (admittedly is wasn't yours) as I think the whole thing was pretty balanced; maybe you did take the foot off the gas in the second half but I would have thought, after everything, that the management would have wanted to put on a bit of a show?

Anyway going forward Hibs should, on paper, be the better team going forward; they have the funds; the facilities and the experience - Livi on the other hand are just happy to still be in existence. I had expoected to get a right horsing on saturday but that frankly didn't happen although there was a period just after the second goal when you could have gone for the jugular but didn't.

Anyway someone mentioned something about Hibs ending up nearer to Livi than Hearts/Rangers - is the poster making the assumption that Rangers will end the league in the top two? From what I've seen and discounting what the media pundits say I'm not convinced. Maybe when the heavy winter weather comes in and injuries start to build up the depth of their squad will tell - visits to the Sons and the Blue Brazils grounds can certainly take their toll.

Anyway enjoy the season (steak pies at Raith are worth the trip alone)

Jeez just read all the rubbish since my post, thought Hibs deserved to win but we certainly didn't look that far behind Hibs.

Before Hibs scored we hit the bar and right on half time we had a goal bound strike cleared of the line so despite Hibs creating chances so did we and could easily have went in at half time only a goal behind.

2nd half yes Hibs dropped there game a bit and we upped it, we created 2 or 3 good chances before getting the goal, and had another couple after that, can't actually think of anything our keeper had to do other than the one save from craigs strike in the first half and picking the ball out the net twice, despite this still think Hibs controlled most of the game but on another day we could easily have got something from the game.

On the bet thing I think it's madness, we will be no where near Hibs and 8th place will do for me, Hibs will improve as the season goes on and will be comfortably in the top 3 but will obviously need to improve.

After missing the first 2 minutes due to the stupid ticketing situation Hibs had in place, I felt we started the better team. Hibs' goal came out of nothing and probably wouldn't have happened had the ball been put out for Mullen on the ground. That said, can't blame them for doing it and Mullen should have at least tried to get up to defend it as the attack went past where he was lying. Rank defending against El Alagui who we should really know better against. The likes of Talbot should have been all over him. Next came the freak goal which I don't really blame either player for as you don't train for stuff like that. Wind caught it and it took a huge bounce over Jamieson, 2-0. The goalie and defence were understandably rattled after that and Hibs were well on top and we were lucky it was only 2-0 with the pressure they had. That said, we had a small spell at the end of the half where we relaxed a bit and started to press again.

At the start of the second half, we came out really well and eventually got a deserved goal. I called the pass to Keaghan at the edge as we've all seen it happen loads of times at corners last season. After the goal, we somehow lost momentum and aside from Mullen's chance which he really should have kept running with, we didn't trouble Oxley.

Hibs merited the victory on the basis of how well they closed out the game and how they dominated in the period after the second goal. I didn't think they would have it in them to be so composed and thought they would struggle after we scored but that wasn't the case and they were the better team, without being forced into anything serious.

I thought we played alright but I don't think it quite merited the big round of applause at the end, it made me feel a bit like I was supporting a diddy team and that we shouldn't expect better. I don't blame them for the period after the second goal but we were far from good enough when we got our goal back. We have far more in the tank than that. Based on watching the two teams, I do think we will have it in us to beat Hibs when they come to Almondvale but I also think Hibs had a lot more in them that they could have used if we had equalised.

Edited to add, I'm possibly being a bit harsh on the team given we were forced into a different system due to Sives and Ogleby being out. I think we'll be better once they're back and the team is settled.

You are one seriously deluded lad. We controlled the game and where never in any sort of danger to lose. Do you not understand when it's the first game of the season and energy levels aren't the highest when you are 2-0 it's in a teams best interest to drop a gear or two when controlling the game?

We will need to up our peformance as we are playing a much better side but thanks for the tip.

Quite funny as reading this thread and comments from Hibs players in the press I was thinking the same about your lot. I think a lot of Hibees are in for a reality check once we're well into the season. From what I've saw so far you have little goal threat from open play and will struggle if it doesn't improve. Pretty play goes for nothing if you can't finish it off in the final third, fluke goals and set pieces wont win enough points to gain promotion.

Quite funny as reading this thread and comments from Hibs players in the press I was thinking the same about your lot. I think a lot of Hibees are in for a reality check once we're well into the season. From what I've saw so far you have little goal threat from open play and will struggle if it doesn't improve. Pretty play goes for nothing if you can't finish it off in the final third, fluke goals and set pieces wont win enough points to gain promotion.

A reality check? Everyone has written us of already, including a lot of our own fans. No one expects us to be ahead of Hearts or Rangers this coming season.

We've only played two competitive games under our new manager, we're only going to get better. People who are underestimating us are going to be in for a shock this season.

A reality check? Everyone has written us of already, including a lot of our own fans. No one expects us to be ahead of Hearts or Rangers this coming season.

We've only played two competitive games under our new manager, we're only going to get better. People who are underestimating us are going to be in for a shock this season.

Exactly.

Folk thinking we're in for a reality check when we're apparently going struggle to even finish in the play off positions :lol:

The league is going to be a lot tighter than many think and we'll be right in the mix, of that I have no doubt.

Archived