Queens v Alloa

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't agree about Ben. He struggles against pace e.g. Hemmings, Chris Kane. Great leader though.

I wouldn't give you them if I did. They'd never forgive me. :P

:lol:

Cant imagine Id enjoy a conversation with Hartley anyway.

Obviously you see Gordon more often than I do. I'd still have him at Queens

Anyone who labels McCord as a thug and Holmes, of all people, as a diver is either thick as shite or on the wind up.

Or possibly both.

How would you describe McCord? His booking today was a cynical, late tackle. Its not the first time he's done that against Queens either

Holmes dived, pretty blatantly, three times today. Twice Dallas saw through it, the third he gave a free kick. Its not something I'd ever associated with him before

How would you describe McCord? His booking today was a cynical, late tackle. Its not the first time he's done that against Queens either

Holmes dived, pretty blatantly, three times today. Twice Dallas saw through it, the third he gave a free kick. Its not something I'd ever associated with him before

Not as a thug, that's for sure. He can be a bit naughty at times, but I've never seen him deliberately try to hurt another player. His game is based on intelligence and skill.

Did Holmes get booked for diving then? I'm assuming he must have if Dallas saw through it? ;)

Not as a thug, that's for sure. He can be a bit naughty at times, but I've never seen him deliberately try to hurt another player. His game is based on intelligence and skill.

Did Holmes get booked for diving then? I'm assuming he must have if Dallas saw through it? ;)

:lol: Stop it!

Holmes didnt get booked, but he should have. Thats more an indication of Dallas ability as a referee than anything else.

Holmes didnt get booked, but he should have. Thats more an indication of Dallas ability as a referee than anything else.

:lol: Of course it is, mate. Our top refs know nothing about applying the laws of the game in comparison to mouthy, poorly qualified, biased fans. :P

:lol: Of course it is, mate. Our top refs know nothing about applying the laws of the game in comparison to mouthy, poorly qualified, biased fans. :P

So, you've agreed with every referee decision you've ever seen?

More importantly, did you just describe Andrew Dallas as a "top ref"? :o:P

Thought the booking for Higgins was a bit extreme this afternoon. Thought he won the challenge fair and square

From where I was standing Higgins won the ball in the air ,no doubt about that ,as for Dallas and his sidekick on the Rosefield stand side they were very poor to say the least. On one occasion in the second half there should of been a corner giving when quite clearly anyone within 40 yards could see it come of the Alloa defender !

The referee made a few incorrect decisions, nothing outrageous or decisive though. It seems some people, particularly where I sit, want to vent at the referee by default regardless of what is actually happening on the pitch.

Aye, every one with no exceptions. :whistle

:)

And rightly so.

On reflection and in the interests of supporter harmony, Im happy to downgrade McCord from thug to decent player but occasional dirty b*****d. Hope everyones happy :)

The referee made a few incorrect decisions, nothing outrageous or decisive though. It seems some people, particularly where I sit, want to vent at the referee by default regardless of what is actually happening on the pitch.

Not asking for any particular reason, but where do you sit? :ph34r:

On reflection and in the interests of supporter harmony, Im happy to downgrade McCord from thug to decent player but occasional dirty b*****d. Hope everyones happy :)

That's magnanimous of you. In the same spirit I'll downgrade Russell from diving little c*nt to diving little tosser. :)

Gutted at the result but a lot of positives to take from the game.

Already look like we'll create a lot more chances than we were creating last year and Spence and Buchanan seem to be forming a good partnership. Buchanan in particular had a good game yesterday I felt.

Also Gibson looked good. Bit slow of his line for the first but it was a terrible ball back from Doyle and he ran the risk of fouling the Queens player and getting sent off if he fully committed.

Also don't think Flannigan can't be far away from getting a start soon.

Also Gibson looked good. Bit slow of his line for the first but it was a terrible ball back from Doyle and he ran the risk of fouling the Queens player and getting sent off if he fully committed.

It will take a couple of months for Gibson and the back four to become fully familiar with each other. They had total confidence in Bain and he in them, but that was built up over three years.

Don't worry I was in the East Stand (almost directly across from the directors box hence how I saw SD's catch). I'm sure I've heard you mention you're an East stand-er.

Mr X is a main stand man, is he not?

By the way, I still talk 'main stand' and 'new stand' (even though it's nearly 20 years old).

I don't have a clue which would be East, or West etc.

And I will not refer to the Rosefield Salvage, or the Galloway News stand or whatever. NEVER!

Don't worry I was in the East Stand (almost directly across from the directors box hence how I saw SD's catch). I'm sure I've heard you mention you're an East stand-er.

Presumably, you mean Im a Main Stand-er?

Mr X is as main stand man, is he not? By the way, I still talk 'main stand' and 'new stand' (even though it's nearly 20 years old). I don't have a clue which would be East, or West etc. And I will not refer to the Rosefield Salvage, or the Galloway News stand or whatever. NEVER!

Yes. Im now part of a nice cosy little group beside the extended hospitality area. Come say hi sometime :)

And, yes, they will always be the main stand and the new stand.

Mr X is a main stand man, is he not?

By the way, I still talk 'main stand' and 'new stand' (even though it's nearly 20 years old).

I don't have a clue which would be East, or West etc.

And I will not refer to the Rosefield Salvage, or the Galloway News stand or whatever. NEVER!

The East Stand is the one towards the East side of the ground, just tucked in between the North and South directions. :P

Archived