Closing Ceremony

ForzaDundee

WWII was before i was even born but I've heard of it and know what happened.

Age is no excuse for ignorance in such basic matters as music, unless yer trolling.

World War 2 and a band who were marginally popular (according to wiki they never even had a number one single) are completely different things. Why should I know anything about a small band from an era of music before my time? It's not as if they are a big band like The Rolling Stones or Led Zeppelin.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

World War 2 and a band who were marginally popular (according to wiki they never even had a number one single) are completely different things. Why should I know anything about a small band from an era of music before my time? It's not as if they are a big band like The Rolling Stones or Led Zeppelin.

According to wiki, Led Zeppelin never had a number 1 single either.

According to wiki, Led Zeppelin never had a number 1 single either.

They didn't release singles, but Led Zeppelin are a big band, Deacon Blue are a small one. Asked my girlfriend who actually listens to music radio, and she couldn't name any of their songs either. I don't think ignorance of a relatively small band from an era before my time is uncommon.

A shed load of other 'Glasgow' bands they could have went for instead.

But if somebody's struggling to think of Lulu's song, 'weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllll'?

I read this post just as she was belting out that particular line. Fucking hell.

A shed load of other 'Glasgow' bands they could have went for instead.

But if somebody's struggling to think of Lulu's song, 'weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllll'?

Turns out I do know a Lulu song, I just didn't know it was Lulu who did it.

Archived