Raith Rovers v Dumbarton

The decision to take Campbell off was a poor one. He was our most dangerous player. Kirkpatrick out wide is a waste of time as well. Great player, but he cannot cross a ball to save himself - really needs to be taken off corner duty, it's astonishing that he hasn't been already.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fox was great, the only one who was trying to keep it on the deck through midfield. Often goes unappreciated but glad to see him getting deserved praise today. Nade and Stewart deserve a run together up front, real handful with pace, drive and power. Pleasing.

Thought Anderson looked like he was in a trance from the word go. Very strange performance.

Players naturally nervous at start of the match, scared to make a mistake, but the difference straight from kick-off in the second half was clear to see. Great purpose and good composure in the final third.

Dumbarton really poor in the second half, resorting to long balls to Nish was bizarre given the problems on the ground that Campbell was causing us in the first half. Big fan of Agnew but his passing was pish and resulted in us breaking on at least 3 occasions.

Finally, shove your protest up your arse.

Fucking yaaas Nade! What a guy, still can't believe we let him go!

Conroy has a wand of a left foot - as you are starting to see. I think he has a 100% penalty record (took around 8-10 for us I would guess) and scores a few free kicks too. His corners are good too, as I say he has a wand of a left foot. If he had pace he would be playing for a team better than either of us.

Nade is just a big fucking hero. Enjoy him, he's unplayable - you'll hopefully love him as much as we did! Can't wait to see him back at Dens.

Didn't see that coming after the last two performances . First half was pretty tepid stuff with Dumbarton edging it but we were a different side after the break and thoroughly deserved the win.Dumbarton were shambolic second half though.

Nade and Stewart linked up together better than Nade and Elliott have up to now and that may give Bert food for thought. Also thought Fox was brilliant today,: why don't we see that more often?. Defence still a cause for concern though. Still no communication.

However overall a very happy bunny . Now for a repeat of the second half at Alloa.

Dumbarton had socks on? Missed that.

I didn't think Fox played all that great, would of said Fox, McKeown and Perry were our three worst players today. While none were awful, looks like Fox is still struggling fitness wise, not as mobile as I've seen him. McKeown just made lots of silly errors which thankfully weren't punished while I think Perry needs to take an extra split second to weigh up his options, too much 'anywhere will do' kind of stuff when not under huge amount of pressure.

Great start, a swallow doesn't make a summer and all that but plenty more positives now than I had at 3pm. Would still like to see another forward in before window closes.

Stewart MoM for me btw

FAF Watch, 0, nothing, not a sausage, SFA, nada, the world is going to fucking explode people!!!!!!!

Notice at the end of the video he looks right at us, the punters, with the look of "Aye didnae see that coming did ye's?"

Haha :lol:

How was the view from the railway stand? I'm tempted to sit in the away end one game just to see what it's like.

Very good. The dividing fence down the middle maybe obscured the view a little, but its up there with the stand QoS give away fans.

Thumbs up

From where I was it looked nearer the middle of the goal than the corner. Keeper's positioning was poor.

Don't think his positioning was poor. Conroy got a perfect amount of dip on it to make it clear the wall and then just make it into the "postage stamp" corner.

In answer to the Raith fan thinking about sitting in the railway stand. I'd do it, great view...just watch out for rogue walls that might rip half your arm off at the end :P

Very good. The dividing fence down the middle maybe obscured the view a little, but its up there with the stand QoS give away fans.

Thumbs up

Good to hear. I wish we could afford to fix up the home section of the railway stand but as we can't even fill the home end there's no chance of that happening. I hope the club don't neglect the railway stand again once Hearts/Hibs/Rangers get promoted as they inevitably will eventually.

Archived