Raith Rovers v Dumbarton

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent win, im hopeful that means Murray learned a few things from the cup games and changed it up rather than just blind luck. Either way never a bad thing to get off to a winning start and score three. COYR.

Great to see nade and conroy get on the score sheet. Conroy a good player, excellent set pieces aswell.

Nade a total power house, so strong and a very good player despite what anyone says about him.

How did they play in general today?

Well, I don't feel awkward in the slightest. :lol:

Seriously though, credit where credit is due to the manager and players. In the second half, it was as good as a performance as some of our better games from last season prior to December. I've been immensely critical of Liam Fox over the last couple of games but I was more than happy to stand and applaud when he left the pitch due to his performance today. He kept things simple and kept us ticking over time and time again. I'm absolutely delighted to be proven wrong.

Aside from Fox, Nade and Stewart linked up brilliantly. The pass for the third was absolutely fantastic and Nade showed great composure with his finish. Stewart's pace caused Dumbarton problems in particular. Conroy's freekick was the epitome of postage stamp. Jimmy Scott was quiet but came into his own towards the end of the game. It was also good to see Kevin Moon back into the fore.

In keeping with the fickle nature of being a football fan, I'm absolutely delighted with today. Not just with the fact we won, but the manner in which we did it. Last season we looked happy to settle for a 1 goal lead with ten minutes to go. Today, we looked threatening right up until the end and created far more.

Much better second half. True, there wasn't much in it for an hour and the first goal might have gone either way. But it's not just getting the break, it's how you respond to it. Second half of last season we blew a few leads, this time at least we reacted better to it and bossed the game from there. Missed some more good chances too, but any bigger a win would have flattered us.

Dumbarton are an interesting side. Nish aside, it's physically the shortest midfield / attack combo I've seen for a while, going for the small and nippy approach. Which will cause teams problems, and I see them being clear of relegation again, but there is a danger of them getting overrun on bad days. And yeah, those socks are rank.

Archived