Does anyone here believe we can't use the pound?

gazelle

''We'll keep the pound'', Alistair Darling has said so!!

Funny how the Separatists fire back with this, from a man they dont believe could tie his own shoelaces, a failed chancellor who oversaw one of the worst financial performances of any post war government.

But his stumbling error in debate with Salmond, means they now use this as gospel.

Is it possible to have it both ways?

Either he talks boll*cks or he doesn't!!

I'll go with the former

So are you saying we cant keep the pound??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So are you saying we cant keep the pound??

See the post above yours!

Why would we want to keep it btw? its value is falling against the dollar, its stability will be challanged further to a post Yes vote, £share prices falling with uncertainty across the markets etc... Alex Slamond has already previously said it's like a millstone around our necks and is a currency that is sinking like a stone!

Why would we want to keep it in our brave new world that is so resource/cash rich and that we are clearly able to launch, build and sustain our own currency!?

See the post above yours!

Why would we want to keep it btw? its value is falling against the dollar, its stability will be challanged further to a post Yes vote, £share prices falling with uncertainty across the markets etc... Alex Slamond has already previously said it's like a millstone around our necks and is a currency that is sinking like a stone!

Why would we want to keep it in our brave new world that is so resource/cash rich and that we are clearly able to launch, build and sustain our own currency!?

5 years ahead of it's time post IMO

Lloyds shares are back to normal

Expect "Scottish shares rally after TNS 50/50 Indy Poll" headlines any moment. Or maybe not

Yeah. RBS nearly got back to Friday close too. It's almost like shares are the most volatile market of all.

Also, this is on the backdrop of the FTSE 100 finishing down today.

If we do end up eventually with our own currency I suggest 100 bawbees to the Crown, with one bawbee worth around 10p and a Crown £10. Coins worth less than 10p are a waste of time. We had the bawbee and the Crown as currency before the Union.

no we wont the plan b is monopoly money

What were you going for with the above offering?

Humour? Insight? Controversy?

It just comes across as the ill-thought out mewlings of a crayon muncher, if I'm honest.

How about the OP change the question to Which currency will actually be used? The whole thing around uncertainty is terrifying

Not as terrifying as your sociopathic, creepy, disturbing Salmond fixation.

How about the OP change the question to Which currency will actually be used? The whole thing around uncertainty is terrifying

It's been fine for the last 90 pages thanks. How about you read some of them, you might find something you can learn from

To who? The currency question will be resolved by negotiation after a Yes vote, and it will be in rUK's interest to have a smooth and mutually agreeable transition. What worries me is after a No vote being dragged unwillingly out of Europe after the promised referendum.

It's not about whether or not an iScotland can use the £ or not........an iScotland could use whatever currency it wants. The issue with using someone else's currency is controlling interest rates and thus controlling inflation.

If the Country votes for Independence I sincerely hope we set up our own currency.

It's not about whether or not an iScotland can use the £ or not........an iScotland could use whatever currency it wants. The issue with using someone else's currency is controlling interest rates and thus controlling inflation.

If the Country votes for Independence I sincerely hope we set up our own currency.

We will eventually mate, fear not.

:)

If we do end up eventually with our own currency I suggest 100 bawbees to the Crown, with one bawbee worth around 10p and a Crown £10. Coins worth less than 10p are a waste of time. We had the bawbee and the Crown as currency before the Union.

Why don't we just name them after those who done so much for the cause.

£1 - Lamont

£5 - Clegg

£10 - Cameron

£20 - Millie

£50 - Darling

To who? The currency question will be resolved by negotiation after a Yes vote, and it will be in rUK's interest to have a smooth and mutually agreeable transition. What worries me is after a No vote being dragged unwillingly out of Europe after the promised referendum.

We've been told this by Salmond but there are no guarantees.

He's as Euro friendly as WM so that is another fear. The Yes crowd tell me it's not about the SNP. The SNP are going to make decisions about the future which you are right to feel fearful about. I share those concerns

We've been told this by Salmond but there are no guarantees.

He's as Euro friendly as WM so that is another fear. The Yes crowd tell me it's not about the SNP. The SNP are going to make decisions about the future which you are right to feel fearful about. I share those concerns

Man you're creepy. You actually give me the fear.

:(

This is so blindingly obvious why are there 31 pages about "using" the pound?

The question is "Will an iScotland be in a currency union with rUK"?

The answer is "Who knows?"

This is so blindingly obvious why are there 31 pages about "using" the pound?

Well there's the thing. You want true independence. The SNP want the pound and the B o E to retain fiscal controls. Now they're in the driving seat for negotiations and you want something different. Voting Yes means you don't get what you want.

Archived