The Edinburgh City Toilet Emulation Thread

tamthebam

Ha ha tam, the old students get away with it chat. I mentioned on here ( few years back) that the uni teams get the benefit of referees decisions in most games as if they can't possibly be playing outwith the rules. I was generally speaking shot down by a lot on here.

My point was not the obvious stuff but the repeated niggly fouls and dissent go unpunished where as the opposition get booked for the same.

I genuinely believe that the referee makes 'allowances' for them and would not do so if being asked to review the game on tape without knowing who the teams are. And IMO that's wrong.

How did Stirling look? Does the new gaffer seem to be making her mark? Was there food laid on? ( apparently wasn't always last year)

Thanks for the clarification Seethrough. I guess a manly handshake and a swift stroll back to the centre spot while apologising to the opposition for scoring will have to suffice now. Sheesh, Lowland League games ain't exactly the Old Firm match you know. The only fan rampage I could ever think of going on is letting the air out of Grim's bike tyres.

Food was laid on for the committee (and the occasional chancer who sneaked in..) but I think the ordinary punter has to bring pieces.

Stirling Uni put in a lot of good blocking tackles and intercepted a lot of the City passes and I think they'll take points off teams. it's too early to say what difference Shelley has made I would say though.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A was at refs meeting last Sunday were they went over new rules all refs will be asked to enforce and 1 rule was if any 1 says get it up yee or does the get it up yee fist pump is a straight red!! Even to there own fans if u do it to ur own fans a said it's more of a get in there gesture but not aloud at all this season a so on... Berwick had player sent off for same thing last year and am sure griffiths something similar for hibs

Maybes confirms the hyperactivity of the Gretna manager last Saturday.

Looks like refs are heavy handed after all :o

A was at refs meeting last Sunday were they went over new rules all refs will be asked to enforce and 1 rule was if any 1 says get it up yee or does the get it up yee fist pump is a straight red!! Even to there own fans if u do it to ur own fans a said it's more of a get in there gesture but not aloud at all this season a so on... Berwick had player sent off for same thing last year and am sure griffiths something similar for hibs

Jesus fucking christ. Nick Walsh really is a c**t

As 0-0 draws go last night was quite entertaining and credit where credit is due I thought our ex-star John Hall had a very good game for Whitehill.

However, having built up the match and there being no goals scored I will have to go with the graffitti artiste who once scrawled on the wall of a pay loo

"Here I sit broken hearted,

Paid 2p and only farted.."

post-12982-0-11130100-1409830144.jpg

remember folks: it's amazing what a good vindaloo can do!

As 0-0 draws go last night was quite entertaining and credit where credit is due I thought our ex-star John Hall had a very good game for Whitehill.However, having built up the match and there being no goals scored I will have to go with the graffitti artiste who once scrawled on the wall of a pay loo"Here I sit broken hearted,Paid 2p and only farted.." attachicon.gifloo.jpgremember folks: it's amazing what a good vindaloo can do!

wor john bleeds claret and blue man !

Always gives 100% and has continued his form over from last season ;)

Mon the welfare :)

• 2 weeks later...

post-12982-0-93397500-1410651801.jpg

"......I fantasize about a massive City win. Brilliant goals, rampant white shirts bearing down on the Coldstream goal, a Ross Allum perfect hat trick, a pub full of lovely Bitter and Twisted and a flunky handing me pies. But as it's the Scottish Cup a 2-1 win will do...."

Right, now pay attention chaps. There is a RIGHT way and a WRONG way to celebrate a goal.

THE RIGHT WAY

post-12982-0-25111300-1411257751.jpg

Give a short MANLY handshake to your team mates while in the gentlemanly spirit of the game commiserating the opposition on their bad luck in losing a goal and wishing them better fortune next time.

THE WRONG WAY

post-12982-0-07673400-1411257890_thumb.j

This sort of joyous behaviour is UNBECOMING for a GENTLEMAN and should be left to the low and wily Continental types who have no manners. Furthermore you are likely to be dismissed from the field of play and blackballed from any Gentleman's Club. shunned by polite society and forced to end your miserable days scraping out an meagre existence in some low dive shunned by humanity (Rosewell)

I hope that is clear for you.

THE HON LORD THOMAS DE BAMME

post-12982-0-93255400-1411258159.jpg

Right tam, for the people who don't seem to know what this is about, can you please explain? Although I see on twitter that city had someone sent off for their celebration- what did he do?

He ran to the Gretna bench with an offensive gesture. The one where you slap the palm of your hand into the bicep of the opposite arm and raise the forearm with a clenched fist.

It was mildly amusing watching the linesman explain graphically what he did. Straight red.

He ran to the Gretna bench with an offensive gesture. The one where you slap the palm of your hand into the bicep of the opposite arm and raise the forearm with a clenched fist.

It was mildly amusing watching the linesman explain graphically what he did. Straight red.

It was stupid really and a bit out the blue. Wasn't any real animosity in the game, bar the few normal niggles

Will he miss Scottish??

As pointed out by that fine poster Seethrough earlier the referees have been ordered to crack down on inflammatory goal celebrations and the lad has been a bit silly as this is the SECOND time he's been sent off for doing this. It carries a straight red apparently.

It would be churlish after our win to point out that at the same time a Gretna sub was giving the old Gareth Hunt "3 types of the finest coffee beans" gesture to either the lino or our player and received no punishment for it. Yes, it would be churlish which is why I'm pointing it out!! :P

As pointed out by that fine poster Seethrough earlier the referees have been ordered to crack down on inflammatory goal celebrations and the lad has been a bit silly as this is the SECOND time he's been sent off for doing this. It carries a straight red apparently.

It would be churlish after our win to point out that at the same time a Gretna sub was giving the old Gareth Hunt "3 types of the finest coffee beans" gesture to either the lino or our player and received no punishment for it. Yes, it would be churlish which is why I'm pointing it out!! :P

I'm still trying to work this one out. Haha

More clues please

To be fair your captain and penalty taker did exactly the same as Ross when he scored just didn't run 50 yards to do it. Lazy ????

right you complete b*****ds, after our win over Ed Yooni this thread needs a student toilet quote

post-12982-0-47084900-1411943329.jpg

It looked like it was going to be one of those games- both defences had been on top, the students had wasted some chances, we'd wasted some chances. An unfortunate slip then allowed the Sten Gun in on goal and he drew the keeper well before shooting in. 1-0 to City. So our unbeaten run continues and I think the Uni will take points off teams- they're well organised and if they could find a bit of sharpness in front of goal could be a bit more dangerous.

City march on to a Scottish Cup tie against Talbot. Their manager is meanwhile trying to work out how to stop the City Juggernaut the Junior way...

post-12982-0-23748900-1411943516.jpg

I'm starting to dread coming into this shithole of a thread, who could have predicted that e-City would have made it in to October & still not run out of bog-paper?

Time to bring out the Andrex dog & the exlax,

On the upside, it might stop those junior boys mithering on about how our standard of football isn't as good as theirs rubbish. So I hope yous continue & have a great Cup run (at the expense of some League form, please). ;)

Grimbo

Archived