Sportscene watch 2015/16

When did this happen? I genuinely can't recall.

Apparently as he came onto the pitch. I only saw Frazer Wrights retaliation, which was a forearm into the back of Brophys head (something that should also have seen a ban), but numerous posters have mentioned Brophy doing it first. Regardless of whether he did, the Wright incident should also have seen a retrospective ban, yet its ignored. Its horrendously obviously that the compliance officer only bothers to act on things reported by the media, which isn't how it should work.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A player will only get into bother for elbowing if he's an Irishman with a skinhead who plays in black and white stripes.

Said Irishman got away scot-free with elbowing Filip Kiss last season, as I recall.

Strange, I don't remember it at all. Thought the Saintees would have made more of a song and dance about it.

Most probably didn't notice it, like me, as we were watching the boy about to take the throw-in instead of the player jogging on.

Strange, I don't remember it at all. Thought the Saintees would have made more of a song and dance about it.

Although, they were doing so much moaning throughout the game I probably just tuned it out.

It was just the stupidest thing to do. Straight on the pitch and he's chosen to have a go at the one player in our team you're most likely to get snapped by. That said he's probably quite lucky cause Wright doesn't go down ever and just looks for revenge. If it was someone else he may have been looking at a sending off.

Still it's gone and wouldn't have changed anything anyway. So I couldn't really care about it. Don't want to see players banned any time.

The BBC live text of the Scottish games is so disgustingly bad. The English ones, no matter what division, are full of detail and slightly humorous. The Scottish one just says "And Rooney scores from 6 yards from a tight angle"

Great, thanks.

Shot by Rooney saved to the centre of the goal.

Archived