Sportsound Watch

Fucking hell, a Sevco fan on the radio just asked where the money for their potential signing targets is coming from! He's dared to question his club's finances! Surely he'll be hunted down and silenced?

The media bigot sycophants are trying to make a case for splashing cash, saying they will do it in a sustainable manner!

Was that that flaming plum from the east coast? I think he's a plant, and I don't mean one that needs watering and is capable of beating Derek Ferguson at I-SPY.

In fairness, though, the talking heids coped manfully and warchest came there none.

Started listening to this podcast, Derek Ferguson's constant ERMMM UMMMM ERMMM at the end of every sentence is horrendous, pain in the arse.

Apart from him it's actually awrite!

Edited by M0rtonfc

Darren Jackson is probably the worst pundit on the radio. Why do they continue to have him on this torrid show?

Ferguson is not far behind him with his brain dead attempts at being a football academic. It is an obvious attempt to appease Sevco supporters and why in the world do they continue to have the same guests over and over again!?

We listen to same morons drone on about Sevco and **** every show.

Honestly the only guy on this show who has any sense who argues against both sides properly and hits their nerves is the wee Irish rugby reporter Tom English. I agree with Spiers occasionally but he is a royal twat when he argues his positions against the likes of Keith Jackson.

I also listen to the English podcast football daily and other than having Sutton on once in a while (which I delete rather than let my ears bleed) on a Monday night club it's quite a good listen. They talk about all aspects of their league from top to bottom. It's quite in depth.

Not like our Sportsound where the OF love in is so off putting. Next season will be suicidal! This thread will go up a notch next year of that there is no doubt.

Is it true Chick Young is retiring or being booted from BBC? That is one bonus for next year I suppose!

Edited by Rednyella

I love listening to Billy Brown. He's a thick, seething mess.

Derek Ferguson came away with another cracker last night when talking about Malky MacKay last night. "....he's had his troubles to seek"

And aye, Chick Young is retiring.

Shame that.

I love listening to Billy Brown. He's a thick, seething mess.

Derek Ferguson came away with another cracker last night when talking about Malky MacKay last night. "....he's had his troubles to seek"

And aye, Chick Young is retiring.

Shame that.

He must wake up absolutely furious for no reason and just gets angrier as the day goes on. I have no idea why he was so utterly fuming last night, and indeed any time I've heard him. 

So is Chick Young retiring after the playoff final? 

Billy Brown I forgot about that troglodyte. His performance against Michael Stewart (I think!?) a couple of months back was embarrassing. "No one likes you!" What a moron!

Thinks he's a good coach and football talker when he is an absolute train wreck.

Again why are they bringing these idiots onto the show? They have little sell as a show to bring anyone on with any decent knowledge. English, Spiers and Stewart are passable for me with K.Jackson the jury is still out but anyone else makes me struggle to listen.

Plus Brown says "Partick" all the time and so I automatically dislike the fellow. 😋😉

Billy Brown was in outstanding form last night. I hadn't realised who it was and assumed only some former Celtic moron could be coming out with such drivel so spent my car journey trying to work out which particular Billy this was.

Brendan Rodgers isn't the man for Celtic because he doesn't know the league and wouldn't have them playing the Celtic way, followed up by Derek Ferguson saying they needed someone Celtic minded and that would be Malky Mackay. Tremendous stuff. Tom English tried to point out Martin O'Neill didn't go down the Celtic way playing style, only for Brown to reply with some nonsense about the Celtic way basically being winning. I hope they do go for the Celtic-minded Celtic way approach because that worked so well with Tony Mowbray.

Sportsound really need to have a clear out of guys like Willie Miller, Murdo McLeod and so on. Great players in their day but they haven't been relevant to Scottish football for years and they trot out the same nonsense while, for the most part, failing to criticise anything their clubs do, instead praising them and moaning when anyone dares suggest they are anything but perfect.

Billy Brown was in outstanding form last night. I hadn't realised who it was and assumed only some former Celtic moron could be coming out with such drivel so spent my car journey trying to work out which particular Billy this was.

Brendan Rodgers isn't the man for Celtic because he doesn't know the league and wouldn't have them playing the Celtic way, followed up by Derek Ferguson saying they needed someone Celtic minded and that would be Malky Mackay. Tremendous stuff. Tom English tried to point out Martin O'Neill didn't go down the Celtic way playing style, only for Brown to reply with some nonsense about the Celtic way basically being winning. I hope they do go for the Celtic-minded Celtic way approach because that worked so well with Tony Mowbray.

Sportsound really need to have a clear out of guys like Willie Miller, Murdo McLeod and so on. Great players in their day but they haven't been relevant to Scottish football for years and they trot out the same nonsense while, for the most part, failing to criticise anything their clubs do, instead praising them and moaning when anyone dares suggest they are anything but perfect.

Which is precisely why they won't be binned.

I always laugh whenever some moron trots out the whole '<Insert team here> way' pish. Celtic and West Ham seem to be particularly bad for it. It's completely undefinable and most likely stems from a successful period in the club's history, usually in the 1960s. It's also complete nonsense given how often clubs change players and managers. It's the sign of a dribbling cretin when they talk about the 'way' of a team.

Edited by DA Baracus

Murdo has gone.

He is part of an outstanding double act with DJ on Radio Clyde.

Murdo has gone.

He is part of an outstanding double act with DJ on Radio Clyde.

I thought he was on Sportsound the other week. Good if he has buggered off.

From the podcast description tonight I see it's time for Riordan to make his latest appeal for a club in the Premiership based on what he did 10 years ago while blaming everyone but himself for the arse he's made of his career.

The Riordan interview was horrific. Blaming everyone else for his career falling off the wagon. Playing the victim and if any manager heard that they should have the right mind to stay well clear of this affected has been.

And Gary Locke keeps showing up. He can barely speak english and has crashed and burned in every managerial role he has had. If Killie lose against Falkirk he will technically have 2 relegations on his resume.

I don't understand why these half wits get air time to air their drivel???

'Biscuits' just came out with the gem "you can't win the tie tonight but you can lose it".

If you can lose it then the other team will by default win it. So if you can lose then surely you can win it?