Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, The Tedi said:

The BBC have a self imposed ban from Ibrox, nothing at all to do with Rangers.  

Gollum I believe is banned from reporting from Ibrox.

Zero Impact for anybody, no idea why anyone is even bothered about this to be honest.

But why have Rangers banned a journalist from doing his job, for reporting something that actually happened?

11 hours ago, bennett said:

Almost the entire show dedicated to attacking Warbs, tom English doesn't know what happened with Barton but it was all warbs fault.

In a break with tradition, I sort of agree.

I think the comments about how Warburton is getting his team to perform are legitimate enough, as is the criticism of recruiting Barton in the first place.

Blaming Barton's behaviour on the permisiveness, or even indulgence of Warburton however, seemed to be reliant on assumptions that he couldn't really support.  If Barton's record tells us anything, it's that he suits himself and has little interest in having his conduct managed by anyone.

Not strictly related to Sportsound but did anyone see Jabba pull Warburton from the press conference due to Sky asking a question about Joey Barton? Warburton had a complete minter as he had to shuffle out the room, only to come back 20 minutes later and answer more questions.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not strictly related to Sportsound but did anyone see Jabba pull Warburton from the press conference due to Sky asking a question about Joey Barton? Warburton had a complete minter as he had to shuffle out the room, only to come back 20 minutes later and answer more questions.

Asking the same question around half a dozen times despite being to told that Rangers couldn't comment on it for legal reasons.

Almost the entire show dedicated to attacking Warbs, tom English doesn't know what happened with Barton but it was all warbs fault.

The sad thing for Warburton and Sevco is Tom English, Tam McManus and Graham Spiers were spot on about Barton and the club in general last night. I don't think any of the discussion was off base.

2nd largest budget in the league by a distance. Spending 20k a week on past it players like Barton who has humiliated himself this past 5-6 weeks.

Senderos? Hill? Kranjaer? who have been really poor.

Gardner for $1.5m. Lol [emoji23] English made the point that's 3x more than Celtic paid for Dembele and he's going to have big resell value. Been a waste and poor investment. Many forwards in league are as good as this guy. That's Warburtons fault.

Tam McManus made a good point last night in that some Saints players are on 1k a week as most SPFL premier players are. There is no reason Sevco shouldn't at least be up in 2nd/3rd place and not lying in 5th and playing so poorly with the budget they have.

The buck stops with Warburton. Bad signings, poor management of a player that is causing issues in house and he's beginning to look like a man who's time is running out.

Also Kenny McIntyre last night was hilarious. Couldn't help but basically say he was a Sevcoite.

On 26/10/2016 at 08:49, Oscar P said:

Richard Gordon last night said that Willie Miller had told him that, with no disrespect to other clubs, the Aberdeen v Celtic final would be a "real" cup final.

i'm assuming that was a "real" defeat last night by Hamilton Willie, no disrespect.

Wasn't this last week or has it happened again? Absolute beamer for Rangers if that's the second time it's happened.

Spot on?

Signing Barton was a gamble but I can see why we'd take the risk. Senderos I'll give them, Hills settling in now and players (kranjcar) do get injured?

Spier's and English claimed we've signed 11 players (all older players while Celtic have signed youngsters) Not true as we've signed a good mixture of experience and youth.

Rangers fans are siding with Barton, are we really?

They don't know what happened with Barton but it's warburtons fault.

Rangers fans are demanding first place, Rangers are trailing well behind second place Aberdeen (a whole two points)

What's Garner's wages and what's Dembele s wages?

The show was a joke.

Where you listening the same show we all were?

1. English said he thought initially Barton made sense.

2. A good mixture of youth and experience? Barton (flop), Hill (slow as a week in the jail), Senderos [emoji23], Niko (inconsistent and unfit). Ok Windass has shown signs but you can't say any of these players for crazy wages they are on are good investment!? Or are u mad!?
Rossiter may well turn out well but he's also injured.

3. Never heard once during show that fans are backing Barton. You're making that up.

4. Dembele is on 3-5x what Garner is on. I agree and give you that but he cost much less upfront and Celtic will sell him for potentially 5-10x what they paid for him. The boy scored a double against City and tore u up in the first OF game. No contest. He performs. Good investment.

I hope you have a financial advisor or will one day if you're a young lad because your points above are concerning.

Are all Sevco fans like you!? [emoji85]

I agree the show is a joke in regards the constant ramblings about Sevco and Celtic but their view last night on your lot was sensible.

3 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

Where you listening the same show we all were?

1. English said he thought initially Barton made sense.

2. A good mixture of youth and experience? Barton (flop), Hill (slow as a week in the jail), Senderos emoji23.png, Niko (inconsistent and unfit). Ok Windass has shown signs but you can't say any of these players for crazy wages they are on are good investment!? Or are u mad!?
Rossiter may well turn out well but he's also injured.

3. Never heard once during show that fans are backing Barton. You're making that up.

4. Dembele is on 3-5x what Garner is on. I agree and give you that but he cost much less upfront and Celtic will sell him for potentially 5-10x what they paid for him. The boy scored a double against City and tore u up in the first OF game. No contest. He performs. Good investment.

I hope you have a financial advisor or will one day if you're a young lad because your points above are concerning.

Are all Sevco fans like you!? emoji85.png

I agree the show is a joke in regards the constant ramblings about Sevco and Celtic but their view last night on your lot was sensible.

Bennett sticks his fingers in his ears and sings a la-la song when anyone starts to criticise The Rangers. He eats up everything Jabba and Level 5 say, there's no hope for him.

1 hour ago, Rednyella said:

The sad thing for Warburton and Sevco is Tom English, Tam McManus and Graham Spiers were spot on about Barton and the club in general last night. I don't think any of the discussion was off base.

2nd largest budget in the league by a distance. Spending 20k a week on past it players like Barton who has humiliated himself this past 5-6 weeks.

Senderos? Hill? Kranjaer? who have been really poor.

Gardner for $1.5m. Lol emoji23.png English made the point that's 3x more than Celtic paid for Dembele and he's going to have big resell value. Been a waste and poor investment. Many forwards in league are as good as this guy. That's Warburtons fault.

Tam McManus made a good point last night in that some Saints players are on 1k a week as most SPFL premier players are. There is no reason Sevco shouldn't at least be up in 2nd/3rd place and not lying in 5th and playing so poorly with the budget they have.

The buck stops with Warburton. Bad signings, poor management of a player that is causing issues in house and he's beginning to look like a man who's time is running out.

Also Kenny McIntyre last night was hilarious. Couldn't help but basically say he was a Sevcoite.

I like Tom English a lot, but I thought he was doing a fair bit of havering last night. 

He was suggesting that it was unreasonable to expect Rangers to be at the top end of the table.  I don't think it is at all.  Matching Celtic would be a big challenge, but they should be looking to finish well clear of the others given their advantages.  

To be honest, I still think they'll ultimately finish second.

Edited by Monkey Tennis