Sportsound Watch

"Any idea what any of these concerns Ross Wilson (the guy Sevco apparently want to be Director of Football) has are?"

Hmmm. I fucking wonder what concerns one might have about leaving English Premier League club Southampton to join the clown car outfit Sevco.

Also in case you weren't aware, Graham Spiers doesn't like the Director of Football model

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

"Any idea what any of these concerns Ross Wilson (the guy Sevco apparently want to be Director of Football) has are?"

Hmmm. I fucking wonder what concerns one might have about leaving English Premier League club Southampton to join the clown car outfit Sevco.

Also in case you weren't aware, Graham Spiers doesn't like the Director of Football model

Probably his chief concern asides from the atrocious squad, shady board, slavering fanbase, crumbling stadium and questionable finances would be the club's possible appointment of a staunch dimwit like Barry Ferguson. He's used to working with Ronald Koeman FFS.

Surely a manager out there with options has huge concerns about taking on this job.

Before anyone says it I get that it's a big club, famous job all of that stuff so there will be an appeal to it.

But there's a fundamental issue for anyone who takes that job. If he doesn't win the league, if he is regularly beaten by Celtic. He will be hounded out as a failure. If the resources aren't there to compete with Celtic then surely it's just an impossible job, doomed to failure and a blot on your cv.

Surely a manager out there with options has huge concerns about taking on this job.

Before anyone says it I get that it's a big club, famous job all of that stuff so there will be an appeal to it.

But there's a fundamental issue for anyone who takes that job. If he doesn't win the league, if he is regularly beaten by Celtic. He will be hounded out as a failure. If the resources aren't there to compete with Celtic then surely it's just an impossible job, doomed to failure and a blot on your cv.

This. The fact Alex McLeish has turned it down, as he couldn't get guarantees he'd get a season to build a team, should be enough of a warning to their fans that theyll be seriously struggling to get anyone.

53 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Barry Ferguson is on tonight, lads. You probably assumed that he would be anyway

Beyond excusable by BBC Scotland. This idiot is given a weekly (or is it now daily) platform to air his nonsense and be fawned over by the likes of McIntyre.
Disgrace.

Just now, pandarilla said:

These are three of the strongest guests sport-sound has.

I'm not sure what that says about you two.

Willie Miller? The guy who actually said "why should I bother researching players?"? Really?  He's a buffoon. 

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Shame on you 88 big club,famous job my arse diddy new club who were fast tracked into the league and are now being found out big style.

Willie Miller? The guy who actually said "why should I bother researching players?"? Really?  He's a buffoon. 

He speaks with enormous experience and doesn't put up with the bullshit waffle.

I don't agree with everything he says but he's got a lot to contribute.

Shame on you 88 big club,famous job my arse diddy new club who were fast tracked into the league and are now being found out big style.

Yeah yeah I get all that although it doesn't concern me that much.

But in the context of this debate you know there are plenty of would be managers out there who do see them as a big club whether you like it or not.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah yeah I get all that although it doesn't concern me that much.

But in the context of this debate you know there are plenty of would be managers out there who do see them as a big club whether you like it or not.

I know just a wee wind up but seriously I can't see this mob attracting anyone who is currently employed to become their boss.some out of work guy with nothing to lose will get it.