Sportsound Watch

I suppose maybe you could have an argument for the 4th team only getting a playoff spot if they are within a set number of points (or even a percentage of the 3rd teams points total rounded up) but that would add an extra complication and uncertainty for very little reward.

Fairly sure the Italian lower leagues have that sort of system. Fairly sure if you finish over 20 or so points back you don't get in the play offs.

16 hours ago, gkneil said:

Spiers commended the appointment of Cathro but was very clear that he didn't see it being a success irrc. Wished him all the best but was cautious not to hail the decision like some others had

That is what he said.

Chick making a storming return to the show today - by 2.30 he's championed De Boer for the Rangers job (as he's turned down some English club apparently) and then getting himself owned by Willie Miller (Willie Miller!) over changing his tune as to whether Rangers will finish second or not.

Send Harry Clark to drive him home from the game, maybe he'll wipe both himself and Young out.

52 minutes ago, meanmistermustard said:

Having not listened to OAM for an age why were there two pundits covering the Celtic game? MacLean summarised the action before Bonner analysed it all, more often than not from a Celtic point of view.

Do they not usually do that with one of the games?  Admittedly, I don't often listen to it either, just every so often.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Do they not usually do that with one of the games?  Admittedly, I don't often listen to it either, just every so often.

No. Normally they would have commentary on 810MW, and OAM, with one pundit at each game, on 92-95FM. But the rugby put paid to that. 

So today, because they couldn't have commentary from Celtic Park, they decided to just send a reporter and a so-called pundit. 

As I watched the debacle at Fir Park I tuned into AOM, Ferguson's enthusiasm was there but it turns out he makes things up, he went on at length about McGhee hiding, perhaps in the stand, when he spent the match standing in front of the dugout albeit in subdued mood, he then guessed at what player was involved in what move.  None of this matters for the radio as he was getting the jist of the match but very little of it was accurate.