Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Oh, and they don't seem to have attendances on any of the tabs.

Recommend the SPFL's own pages for after game browsing for folks. Don't know about live stuff.

Flashscore on your phone ftw.

3 hours ago, houston_bud said:

They've just put a wee montage of, presumably what they think is, the best bits of Sportsound this season. It was essentially 2 mins of clips of them bickering.

I was listening when they did this. I can’t for the life of me remember exactly what the last quote in the montage was, but it was something like a pundit (presumably talking about the game they were at that day) saying “this has been terrible, a real lack of quality on show today” and then went straight to the trail ending with a voiceover saying “Saturday afternoons with Sportsound”.

I thought it was a strange quote with which to finish the trail then I wondered if an editor had stitched them up on purpose…

Echo the complaints about the new bbc football scores page - used to have a ‘show scorers’ button at the top right so you didn’t have to click into each fixture for the extra info.

Pain in the arse.

2 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

I was listening when they did this. I can’t for the life of me remember exactly what the last quote in the montage was, but it was something like a pundit (presumably talking about the game they were at that day) saying “this has been terrible, a real lack of quality on show today” and then went straight to the trail ending with a voiceover saying “Saturday afternoons with Sportsound”.

I thought it was a strange quote with which to finish the trail then I wondered if an editor had stitched them up on purpose…

I think it was Derek Adams' infamous interview. 

The current twitter exchange that Tom English absolutely sums up the problem.

Very much - we are right, you are wrong and can’t see any kind of problem. I actually thought he might have been one able to recognise the lack of decent football online across the leagues now. 

I turned off yesterday as soon as I heard we only had the option of live commentary. 

On 27/04/2024 at 14:46, stevieKTID said:

What an absolute bin fire of a show, the "discussion" about the new Aberdeen manager is embarrassing, I don't know much about Thelin but I'm pretty sure he's already done his homework and knows what the current Aberdeen squad is all about and what areas need strengthening.

It felt like an incredibly manufactured argument to fill airtime. Stewart jumped in head first, full throttle looking to make an argument, rather than make a point. 

I turned it off just after that. It was an absolute rabble. 

Yep people are contributing thoughtfully on that twitter thread and one or two others but English is just wafting them away like an irriated eighteenth century Duke dismissing an insistent footman.

They really don't give a shit what you think, and have the product they want.

(for those sitting irritated thinking what twitter thread?, see below)

https://x.com/davidstoker_lfc/status/1784258356728701081

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

21 minutes ago, bennett said:

Neil Doncaster on today, hopefully it's not more pre arranged questions. 

“Neil, supporters want us to ask, what are you doing about VEE AYY ARR” 

“blah blah referees need help”

”But what about [insert contentious decision]”

”I can’t go into individual incidents”

”Neil Doncaster, thank you so much for your time.

Well Michael, Tom, Rory…VAR. what do we think of it?”