Sportsound Watch

41 minutes ago, Darren said:

I don't recall Michael Stewart and Craig Levein ever appearing on the same show to have an argument.

They definitely did several times a few years back (mid-week programme) Thats where it became obvious that they really did not like each other

3 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

They definitely did several times a few years back (mid-week programme) Thats where it became obvious that they really did not like each other

Levein absolutely owned him a couple of times. 

When old rangers were ill/at the vets/being put down, Sportsound was absolutely unmissable 5 nights a week.

The speed with which the story was changing, all the mad twists and turns and the sheer inability of scoddish foodball journalists and "celebrities " to deal with, let alone analyse, was essential and utterly hilarious listening. 

The episodes around the votes to deny them entry to the SPL initially, then the second tier, were magical. I don't need to go back over all the various hilarious happenings, but suffice to say that everyone, even the staunchest of guests, knew that liquidation meant the end for Rangers 1872.

My recollection is they threw barbs at each other as in the clip posted, but I can't remember them being on the same show at the same time together. The mutual animosity was well known.

On 23/03/2024 at 15:25, MarkoRaj said:

Wonder if there's a way of organising some kind of P&B open all mics.

Shouldn't be that difficult

You might be joking but I would genuinely put some effort into trying this. Sportsound is an absolute rabble and if a few enthusiastic Scottish football fans got together I am quite confident that they could come up with a show similar to Open All Mics that was more professional and even handed than anything we’ve been subjected to over the past 5 years or so. Back in the 90s you could tune into pirate radio stations from some guys bedroom, so surely it can’t be too much trouble to broadcast in this digital age. 

Im usually at a game on a Saturday so only listen before and after, but the times where I’ve happened to be in the car at 3pm hoping to hear updates from across the leagues, I’m left listening to guys shouting ‘Gooooaaaalllll’, then describing the action for the next minute without actually saying who has scored. I know that’s a common complaint but It really is basic stuff. Then you get the constant bickering between the pundits, usually on the topic of some inane incident that happened 3 weeks ago, or you get Miller droning on refusing to give accurate updates if Aberdeen aren’t playing well, or Stewart taking a stance that everyone else disagrees with then having to listen to him beatIng that opinion to death over the course of the show. It’s like the sort of thing high school students would put together in 5th year, only it’s our national broadcaster and we are literally paying for it. 

2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Back in the 90s you could tune into pirate radio stations from some guys bedroom, so surely it can’t be too much trouble to broadcast in this digital age. 

During covid I was watching loads of dodgy pixelot streams with no commentary and did wonder if it would be feasible to have alternative (fan-run) commentary channels. Synchronisation would be an issue unless you basically recorded a stream and rebroadcast it with audio tacked on but then you'd be further behind real time.

With regards to what you're suggesting, you'd have a similar issue but would also need to find somewhere at the match to have someone reporting live. Not sure where you'd do that without arousing suspicion or just annoying c***s from talking constantly :lol: I guess you could have a bunch of people all in a studio space watching streams but then you'd have no crowd noise and it would all be a bit flat and weird. 

Just now, Lofarl said:

All this greeting about Dundees pitch.  Be hilarious if they beat sevco. 

If we do the job today (big if), I’d like someone to go back and ask Tom English where this so-called chaos is. 

I’m also not sure why nobody has pointed out that it’s never been a requirement for all MD33 games to kick off at the same time, despite Hibs’ complaints. 

3 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

You might be joking but I would genuinely put some effort into trying this. Sportsound is an absolute rabble and if a few enthusiastic Scottish football fans got together I am quite confident that they could come up with a show similar to Open All Mics that was more professional and even handed than anything we’ve been subjected to over the past 5 years or so. Back in the 90s you could tune into pirate radio stations from some guys bedroom, so surely it can’t be too much trouble to broadcast in this digital age. 

Not joking at all. Would happily report from Cappielow every week.

I've no chance of organising anything though, too busy/lazy

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

Willie Miller also thinks the rules should stipulate a minimum amount clubs should have to spend on their pitch :lol: 

Quite the take from someone who couldn’t make a chip shop a viable business in Scotland.

4 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Michael Stewart after travelling to Motherwell and watching the game at Fir Park:

"Its nil nil at Easter Road Kenny."

It’s at Fir Park Mikey. 

IS THERE ANY GOALS AT EASTER ROAD KENNY?

Mikey it’s just that the game is….

IS THERE ANY GOALS AT EASTER ROAD KENNY?

It’s just that Fir Park is where….

YES OR NO

YES OR NO