Sportsound Watch

Just now, eez-eh said:

Can Michael Stewart let Tom English finish his point without having an aneurysm?

He screamed over English during the Hibs discussion, then complained that English wouldn't let him finish his point. He's a complete fucking fanny

I've managed to stop listening to Sportsound, although it's difficult to avoid the clickbait clips on social media.

Next step is to wean myself off the BBC Football site, which is also terrible.

You can tell they hate being there when the OF aren't playing, although Aberdeen are a close 3rd in the amount of coverage they get. Stewart throwing a tantrum when asked to give a name for the next manager was just earache.

The whole 20-30 mins I listened to post match was earache actually 

Tom English rightly calling out that the Billy boys will be sung tomorrow and the SPFL, SFA, police etc will do or ay nothing.  Think Michael Stewart was agreeing with him but before it could get a bit more interesting McIntyre moved on to another subject. There are times I despair of this country.

4 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Done a full 180 on Michael Stewart, used to quite like him but f**k me he’s totally unlistenable. Truculent w**k.

Me too. The short time I listened to Open All Mics was the worst radio I think I have ever listened to.

'Since January, Hibs have only lost to Celtic and Rangers'

'They lost 3-0 to St Mirren Michael'

'Aye, that was a bad game'.

Fucking hell.

I should publicly apologise to Derek Ferguson. I always thought he wasn't particularly, er, articulate on the radio. But crucially, despite being as big a bluenose as you'll get, is actually a fitba guy that is interested in whatever game he is covering and knows the players names ffs. The rest can f**k off.

The contrived arguments, the live commentary 'selection' (whoever Rangers or Celtic are playing, or nothing), duffers like Miller and Bonner on a sinecure, the criminal lack of lower league coverage, the banal chat, the fan 'interaction', and random people they managed to collar at Pacific Quay to pick fucking music means we should be getting a partial refund of the licence fee.

I listened to their weekly rage about our managerial situation on my way to livi today. It’s all very performative. 

You can tell it’s a bit scripted by the way they frame it too. Oh it’s all about the fans, they must be so upset! Very particularly designed to whip up reaction from fans over this stuff. 

‘what if the club can’t get Jimmy Thelin, they’re in serious trouble aren’t they?!’ 

Aye, I’m sure that’s a totally not contrived opinion that Aberdeen are in peril if they don’t appoint the Swedish guy you hadn’t heard of until last week. It’s quite insulting really. 

5 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Have we all got over the Rory Loy love in. He is thick as f**k 

That he came back a week later with his insurance line on safe pitches indicated to me that Michael Stewart has induced a unbefitting rage in him. To be fair to Rory he is not alone. 

Thick as he may be, he can't hold a candle the Miller that is Willie and his rules of soccer truther on shin pads. 

After he shared his wisdom on the soccer rules, there was a brief silence redolent of that time just after the turkey when your auntie commented on the appropriateness of Meghan and then everybody moved on. 

Tom English was making a good point - there are already laws to cover Old Firm bigotry songs, but there're never used and the new Hate Crime law will make no difference.

Stewart kept interrupting to argue hysterically that the new law is rubbish. Of course it is. We all know that. But here, it's not the point.

The Ranjurs and Sellick 'fans' were awfy civilised, well-spoken makers of 'podde kastes', whatever they are. Be more fun if they brought on more, ahem, typical representatives.

1 hour ago, Rael Rover said:

Tom English rightly calling out that the Billy boys will be sung tomorrow and the SPFL, SFA, police etc will do or ay nothing.  Think Michael Stewart was agreeing with him but before it could get a bit more interesting McIntyre moved on to another subject. There are times I despair of this country.

It's quite clear that there is a BBC Scotland editorial diktat that sectarianism shall not be discussed. 

It's all very curious.